• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, what was up with that person on the front page.

Went from like a bajillion "Survey" threads to necroing posts that basically never got any traction from years ago.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wake up today

Mom shouting at the news that we 'need to drop a bomb on at least 4 middle eastern countries to send a message for messing with Israel

Go back to sleep after witnessing racism

Yeah, I agree fully. Religious households are horrible
That actually reminded me that my old church did trips to Isreal like every year or so before... you know

I wonder if they still do that. Would be extremely tonedeaf now.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I said it before, but AI in job searches gotta be the one of the worst things ever. These online boards be like "hey, this job that fits all your skills and qualifications? Nah, forget it, not a match" and then recommend jobs that require 40 years of experience and seven degrees. And it gets worse, because now employers use AI for filtering out applicants and I'm pretty sure it's broken as all hell. The AI can't even get my resume right, when I do the auto fill, it thinks the projects that I clearly marked Projects in bold, were my actual jobs. Why yes, I did work at TicTacToe for 1 month, glad that sounds right to you.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Y'all wanna play a game with me?

So if Universal Pictures were to make its own Platform Fighter as Warner Bros. and Nickelodeon has following Smash's success. How would you rate these characters chances of getting in?

First up.

Doc Brown (Back to the Future)
Dom Toretto (The Fast and the Furious)
Frankenstein's monster (Universal Monsters)
Gru (Despicable Me)
Jason Bourne (Bourne Identity)
King Kong (...)
M3gan (...)
Rexy (Jurassic Park/Jurassic World)
Shrek (...)
Woody Woodpecker (...)
You’re obsessed with this and have made like… 50 versions of this same post already.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You’re obsessed with this and have made like… 50 versions of this same post already.
What can I say. I love the concept and idea of this platform fighter. Especially when Littlefoot vs. Dom Toretto of all things could be a thing!

Also getting to play as a t-rex and a cocaine-induced bear or even a shark (Bruce) that plays by swimming in the air with bubbles surround it! Or a killer android that dances to TikTok! I'm always gonna support this idea!

Universal needs to join on this train with Warner Bros. and Nick!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like a lot of VGM too and all, but there's a lot of traditional artists to listen to.

DMX, Busta Rhymes, Missy Eliot, Asheru, Snoop Dogg, Twista, Wu-Tang, OutKast, MF DOOM, Kendrick Lamar, Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Gloria Estefan, Living Colour, A Tribe Called Quest, Queen, Kansas, Linkin Park, Anita Baker, S.O.U.L Purpose, Digable Planets, Lauren Hill, 50 Cent, Scorpions, Stratovarius, Paula Abdul, Iron Maiden, Charles Mingus and so on.

One Night Affair from The Stylistics is also one of my personal favorite songs.

I mainly listen to Rap and Hip-Hop outside of the VGM. But I've been getting more into Rock Music and Soul Music as time has gone on.

I wanna make fun of this but I remember I had a phase where all I listened to was VGM and hated all other music. I thought I was intellectually superior for not listining to that, and to top it all off, I had the Smash Bros haircut. You know, the
View attachment 390172
Listen, you either go through that phase or get forced to go completely bald at least once as a young Black Man. Sorry.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For the love of all that is holy, WHY do male rats have huge ass ball!? If I get a pet rat and its male, I have to deal with this big balled menace
As a white guy I would never give up my flowing golden locks
The most I get out of my hair are braids because my natural hair isnt that long. At best its just a small ass afro. Im jealous of people with long hair

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would love to see an animated series follow-up to 2018's Rampage based on World Tour where Davis and George travels across the globe trying to stop mutated animals from the pathogen. It turning out there was more than three capsules that fell to earth from the space shuttle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I know the music talk is over, but I want to say that for a rather significant period of my life, I listened to Christian Rock/Pop/Music in general. That's all my parents played on the radio and what they listened too at home and I was pretty much banned from anything that had the word "crap" or worse at the time.

It was awful. Kinda nostalgic thinking about it but it actually sucked really.

Never grow up in a hyper religious household, it is absolutely horrible.
The only Christian band I’ll ever listen to is Flyleaf. They got genuinely good music that doesn’t sound particularly religious until you dissect the lyrics.

I’ve never told my Christian family my beliefs, I can’t really afford to not have their support. Typical Gen Z economic bull****. :215:

Top Bottom