• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We didn't need a video for this.

Major points: Xbox isn't going 3rd party, but they will move a lot of exclusives to other platforms. Oh also their exclusives will be on game pass day 1. Activision games will be there too, starting with Diablo. Also they will focus on crossplay and cross saves while also asserting they will not be 3rd party.

Also Phil Spener is talking about gaming layoffs for some reason and complaining that the gaming industry wasn't growing despite the fact that he asserted Xbox was growing by buying out 3rd party studios and still laid off so many employees. Full of caca.

Also they're just yapping away

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not really anything in that Xbox thing besides the 4 games going multiplatform that could really make Nintendo needing to reschedule a Direct.
I was thinking the same thing. I wonder when the Direct may be? Still, there may be no Direct at all, since we had a good number of tweets and videos from Nintendo yesterday.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
We didn't need a video for this.

Major points: Xbox isn't going 3rd party, but they will move a lot of exclusives to other platforms. Oh also their exclusives will be on game pass day 1. Activision games will be there too, starting with Diablo. Also they will focus on crossplay and cross saves while also asserting they will not be 3rd party.

Also Phil Spener is talking about gaming layoffs for some reason and complaining that the gaming industry wasn't growing despite the fact that he asserted Xbox was growing by buying out 3rd party studios and still laid off so many employees. Full of caca.

Also they're just yapping away
I really don't want to watch the video, is It true what SneakyLink SneakyLink said about them not releasing Indiana Jones on PS5?

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I know, right? I'd say that is quite a shame.
Yeah, out of this whole ordeal, the only thing I was hoping for was that I wouldn't have to pay a whole 500 bucks on a new console just to play one single game I deeply care about.

But oh well, you can't have everything as some say. May see if my PC is able to run the game when It launches.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, if Hi-Fi Rush is one of those games possibly going on multiple platforms and the next Direct/Partners' Showcase has that game; even though they did not say specifically if Hi-Fi Rush was one of those games, maybe that being multi-platform is why the Direct/Partners' Showcase was delayed?

This is just a guess, by the way.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ok, so besides Indy not coming to PS5, I genuiely can't complain about the amazing day I had.

-Spent time with my crush, having fun together and seeing cool videos.
-The X-Men '97 trailer dropped and It feels like a gift from heaven
-I passed all the subjects from the first semester at last and I feel more confident about my future on the production classes
-Finished a big assigment
-Went to see my friend who is a retailer at my local videogame Store and showed her the X-Men '97 trailer.
-Ate a crepé with Kinder Bueno ice cream and a Coke, It was delicious.
-Saw cool stuff at the stores.
-And tomorrow my Sora amiibo finally arrives from the My Nintendo Store.

Genuiely can't complain, I am very grateful with all of this going on. Praying so badly that eventually people such as Noipoi Noipoi osby osby or Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen for example get to have one of these days soon. They deserve It.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So like I am now starting to doubt that Nintendo actually delayed the Direct because of this. Like if true, it is probably because of Hi-fi rush and this Xbox thing might have overlapped or whatever.

But I swear there have never been legitimate rumors about Nintendo postponing or delaying something because of other events in the industry, every time (from what I remember, either officially announced or even just rumored) a Direct gets delayed is because of a Natural Disaster or some sort of other tragedy.

I'm almost starting to wonder if the Direct even exists at all, or if they are just going straight into Pokemon + Switch 2 reveal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I know, I was talking about the release date for them

Anywho, the GBA version at LRG will be $60 for the standard edition (has purple cartridge) and $100 for the collector's edition (has a gold cartridge)

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Anywho, the GBA version at LRG will be $60 for the standard edition (has purple cartridge) and $100 for the collector's edition (has a gold cartridge)
I think it is cool that LRG does these GBA cartridges. but I really hate the box template design, I wish it was the normal "Only for Gameboy Advanced" because the LRG specific logo makes it look bootleg. I know why the have to do it (rights issues, probably) but I wish they didn't.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Standard edition of Shantae Advance is expected to ship in October and the collector's edition is expected to ship in January next year.

I want to believe the digital console version will release Spring or Summer.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

$60 for a GBA game? In 2024?

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean ok but it's still a GBA game in 2024 going full price. Unless you really want to shell out money just to stare at a cartridge.
As someone who used to play Yugioh physically

1708034649020.png

Yeah, you kinda grow numb to that sorta thing.

Single card btw
That you need 3 of.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Now me personally, I simply wouldn't get into an expensive hobby that I can't afford
Funniest thing is I could buy the entirety of my favorite deck for 50.

That's 55 cards for 50 dollars

Whereas this one card is 3x the price of 55 cards.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Now me personally, I simply wouldn't get into an expensive hobby that I can't afford
Yeah, I for example am into LEGO and general action figure stuff, but mostly the ones I get to afford or save money for.

I also am very selective with the stuff I buy. I may have the LEGO Daily Bugle, but you won't see me picking up the LEGO Avengers Tower or any Hot Toys figure because those go waaay beyond my budget.

Dukefire

Smash Master
For Shantae Advanced, those with a GBA or a DS with a GBA port will be able to play it first. Also, does anyone have a GBA or DS with a GBA port? I have a GBA.
20230715_211703.jpg

Original artwork was found on Twitter. Sorry that I don't know the artist.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
For me that hobby (figure collecting) started as something very affordable and then became... Not that

One of my shelves is full of small One Piece figures and I plan on adding more to it
Lol, I feel ya.

Look at all the stuff on my bedroom and my crystal desk:
IMG_20240215_222100.jpg
Screenshot_2024-02-15-22-19-47-01_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
IMG_20240215_222015.jpg
IMG_20240215_222025.jpg

IMG_20240215_222046.jpg

I have quite the huge collection.

But my greatest item isn't one which cost money... It was this:
IMG_20240215_222036.jpg

This drawing was made by one of my IRL friends last year for my birthday, and It includes most of my favourite characters in pop culture. I really LOVE It. Currently thinking on ways to preserve It for the future.

Top Bottom