• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I seem the Switch 2 with my owm eyes.

It's actually two switches combined. And it can fold in half and fit in your pocket. Also got this mic feature too on the bottom screen, I heard Mario Kart 8 Ultimate uses this in battles (can't confirm).

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
“Thanks to advances in Synchro Machine and Synch Stone technology, you can now actively control a Pokémon during battle, rather than the previous system of shouting commands in turns. Be careful though, you’re still in the line of fire!”

How would you feel if they said that in a Pokémon press release? Or, alternatively, if you read it in a fake leak?

Noipoi

Howdy!
“Thanks to advances in Synchro Machine and Synch Stone technology, you can now actively control a Pokémon during battle, rather than the previous system of shouting commands in turns. Be careful though, you’re still in the line of fire!”

How would you feel if they said that in a Pokémon press release? Or, alternatively, if you read it in a fake leak?
If it was implemented well I think it’d be interesting

Also, rumors have it the US nuclear codes are hidden in the code for the Switch 2 UI.
All that stands between us and the next 3D Mario is Joe Biden

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

POKKEN 2 LETS GOOOOOO

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace

If they could pull it off without being too clunky that would be cool. That's pretty much 10 y.o. me's dream pokemon game.

The concept reminds me of that one old Pokemon episode where Ash turned into Pikachu. It was so weird to me as a kid that I convinced myself the episode was just a fever dream for a while.

download (11).jpeg

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh, guess those Partner Showcase rumors were wrong.

Aw well. Pokémon Day’s over a week away, and the Switch 2 train’s still chugging along :nifty:
Well there is this but make of it what you will:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So out of sheer boredom and to continue my quest to play at least 1 game of every series with a character in Smash, I have started Banjo Kazooie.

A game I absolutely **** on so will it change my mind?
Buy Banjo Kazooie, the fun video game where you walk around and collect things!

5 minutes later

We regret to inform you the bird is racist

Noipoi

Howdy!
So out of sheer boredom and to continue my quest to play at least 1 game of every series with a character in Smash, I have started Banjo Kazooie.

A game I absolutely **** on so will it change my mind?
It’s obviously a little outdated nowadays, but I think it still holds up pretty good. Hope you have fun :nifty:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Well there is this but make of it what you will:
I guessed right. Nintendo usually showcase their directs on a week after all other companies are done with theirs. Time for another week. Though, the announcements that I have seen on Smashboards already got me excited.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I beat Mumbo's Mountain. So early first impressions as usual:

1. This game is SLOW. I'm glad you get the Talon Trot early on because if not then woo boy.
  2. This game also has charm, from the jump it felt like a saturday morning cartoon and yeah aethetics wise they did good nailing that for the N64
  3. Somehow collecting things wasn't so bad in Mumbo's Mountain, it took me about 30 minutes to get everything (aside from 1 honeycomb) and it wasn't a slog collecting everything.
  4. That said, it is NOT beating the scrimblo bimblo allegations

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
certain comics and the Suicide Squad game aside, the comic book industry has been cooking some amazing meals this month

Noipoi

Howdy!

Another day of Nintendo Direct date speculation, I see.
Look I enjoy a direct as much as the next Nintendo obsessed virgin but what if we all just, y'know, stopped focusing on this stuff so much?

I don't have a problem with some lighthearted speculation here and there, but it's getting a bit obnoxious.

Not directed at you, btw. Just sayin :drshrug:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Look I enjoy a direct as much as the next Nintendo obsessed virgin but what if we all just, y'know, stopped focusing on this stuff so much?

I don't have a problem with some lighthearted speculation here and there, but it's getting a bit obnoxious.

Ironic is that, the less you think about it, the more satisfaction one usually receives. Whereas expecting something might end up being content that didn't seem satisfying due to setting expectations. Intentional and/or unconsciously. 😑

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guessed right. Nintendo usually showcase their directs on a week after all other companies are done with theirs. Time for another week. Though, the announcements that I have seen on Smashboards already got me excited.
Maybe, but idk. I think the moment they started dropping all these trailers online, seems they never had a plan for a direct this month. Or if there was it be switch 2 related. I wonder if they wanted to do a partners showcase or direct and realized if it was this late, why bother, when the switch 2 reveal is around the corner?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Ngl a lot of people here gotta play Non-Nintendo games.

There's other game companies that exist. Diversify your gaming pallette. Try out new genres and series, maybe series that are primarily on a rival platform.

I promise you the wait for the Direct will not be painful at all if you expand your gaming world.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Surprising we have to wait longer for a Nintendo Direct.

But enough of that. When is the announcement from Xbox and Microsoft about Shadow the Hedgehog and what he did to a certain scientist's wife?

Yeah, I just mean the announcement about the future of Xbox.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Surprising we have to wait longer for a Nintendo Direct.

But enough of that. When is the announcement from Xbox and Microsoft about Shadow the Hedgehog and what he did to a certain scientist's wife?

Yeah, I just mean the announcement about the future of Xbox.
The Xbox announcement will probably involve if Bethesda/Activision games will be fully multiplatform.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

Ngl a lot of people here gotta play Non-Nintendo games.

There's other game companies that exist. Diversify your gaming pallette. Try out new genres and series, maybe series that are primarily on a rival platform.

I promise you the wait for the Direct will not be painful at all if you expand your gaming world.
I agree with the two of you, yeah.

Nintendo Directs can be fun and all, but we should all dedicate time and appreciation to all the stuff we already have and not worry so much about what will come next. Trust me, as someone who is currently trying to overcome shopping addiction, focusing on both what is NOW available and what you already have is very healthy and helps you value everything.

Look at all the stuff I got for Christmas and Día de Reyes for example:
Screenshot_2024-02-15-20-09-15-56_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

I still need to beat FFXVI, Live a Live and DQ Monsters 3, but I wanna take my time with them and not rush It out so I can enjoy them to their fullest.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
The four games are reportedly Hi Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, Pentinent, and Killer Instinct (the 2013 one).

Diablo 4 comes to Game Pass next month, marking the first Activision Blizzard title on the service

Edit: Might be Grounded instead of KI.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yeah this is a whole lotta nothing

I have heard a bunch of dense PR speak before but this is some of the densest and PR-iest.

They say 2 things and it's 20 minutes

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I'm kinda dissapointed that Indiana Jones isn't releasing on PS5 in the end, but oh well.

Guess I'll try to see if my PC can run It.

Top Bottom