• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Dukefire

Smash Master
If another company has a gaming announcement, then Nintendo won't show theirs on the same week. I just wonder what Xbox has to offer.....

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If another company has a gaming announcement, then Nintendo won't show theirs on the same week. I just wonder what Xbox has to offer.....
I mean, how would they know. Microsoft isn’t gonna give them a heads up and Nintendo wouldn’t just move it.

But at the same time we’d already know about a Nintendo presentation this week if it was gonna happen.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
dezeray112 dezeray112 Schnee117 Schnee117 HOLYYYYYYYY ****

X-Men '97 is doing marketing with Marvel VS Capcom.

It's an arcade cabinet rerelease with X-Men '97 art... But still, this means there's interest on promoting Capcom-era stuff alongside this new show.

People... We could actually be back for real.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo does not care about that. They’ve had directs around the same as other companies announcements. Not to mention that the Xbox news is probably Nintendo related as well.

Shroob

Sup?
All this hype up and it's gonna be a Partner Direct as rumored and heavily implied and Nintendo Fans™️ gonna be big mad
I mean, also what the hell does Nintendo even have to show?

Pokemon will do its own thing in 2 weeks, Peach is coming out

Only thing in the pipeline atm is Paper Mario.

Switch 2 obviously, but I feel like they'd wanna, build up hype to it first.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Well Nintendo isn't solely going to be working on the games that have already been announced or the Switch 2.

Frankly I see the Switch 2 as something that's more necessary for third party developers anyway. Nintendo's internal studios don't have the same issues when it comes to pushing visual quality or performance on the first Switch. Of course, they are going to have to eventually make Switch 2 exclusives, but still.

Jotadé

Smash Ace

I feel we could be getting a Partner Showcase for all the important third-party releases this year.

There's Dragon Quest 3 Remake for example, the new Inazuma Eleven, Sonic x Shadow Generations, and so on.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
All this hype up and it's gonna be a Partner Direct as rumored and heavily implied and Nintendo Fans™️ gonna be big mad
Imagine if a Palworld switch port was announced...
It would never actually happen in a million years, but if it did I could only imagine the salt levels.

StormC

Smash Hero
The next Tokushoutsu release is revealed

I was desperately hoping for W but this is great to see as well, It means Toei is actually willing to localize things that are less than a year old.
I liked Geats, but I really would kill for a Build Blu-Ray. I know it would be well loved by western audiences too. I'll probably still pick this up.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Noipoi Noipoi Freezerburn Freezerburn Lamperouge Lamperouge great news Crashheads and Spyroheads

Toys For Bob lives

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Reminds me of this
289.jpg

Well, the PS5's life cycle looks like its reaching the end stage soon.
That's actually a missleading title by IGN.

Reading the actual article, It talks instead about how the console itself has reached 4 years, and the company wants to get ready for the inevitable sales drop of the system after such time.

Looking ahead, PS5 will enter the latter stage of its life cycle,” Matsuoka is quoted as saying. “As such, we will put more emphasis on the balance between profitability and sales. For this reason, we expect the annual sales pace of PS5 hardware will start falling from the next fiscal year.”

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, I did not get to post Pokémon rumors yesterday, so here’s a two for one special!

IMG_9757.jpeg

IMG_9758.jpeg

overall this would be peak mystery dungeon. Using joy cons to check your heart rate is a total Nintendo move, and using those designs in the books would actually be really smart and could be a fun attention to detail.

Id say this sounds pretty believable, especially since they don’t know the whole scoop for the presents. I would not mind this one at all. Great starter selection too.

biggest red flag is there was a different rumor that had iron prince as a Keldeo paradox villain for a new mystery dungeon. So this could be riding off of that fake post or just a coincidence. I’ll give it a 8/10 for now.
IMG_9731.png

IMG_9732.png

I like the idea of tying in johto lore into the la to one. Biggest critique is I can not see them straight up calling it South America. Yes the movie takes place there, but the movies aren’t really canon to the games. It’s a logical next choice for a legends game if they didn’t want to do Unova though.

So I’d give it 6.5/10 not totally impossible.
[/spoiler]

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I did not get to post Pokémon rumors yesterday, so here’s a two for one special!

View attachment 384851
View attachment 384852

overall this would be peak mystery dungeon. Using joy cons to check your heart rate is a total Nintendo move, and using those designs in the books would actually be really smart and could be a fun attention to detail.

Id say this sounds pretty believable, especially since they don’t know the whole scoop for the presents. I would not mind this one at all. Great starter selection too.

biggest red flag is there was a different rumor that had iron prince as a Keldeo paradox villain for a new mystery dungeon. So this could be riding off of that fake post or just a coincidence. I’ll give it a 8/10 for now.
View attachment 384855
View attachment 384856

I like the idea of tying in johto lore into the la to one. Biggest critique is I can not see them straight up calling it South America. Yes the movie takes place there, but the movies aren’t really canon to the games. It’s a logical next choice for a legends game if they didn’t want to do Unova though.

[/spoiler]
Source(s):
♪Miami me lo confirmo!♪

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 384851
View attachment 384852

View attachment 384855
View attachment 384856

[/spoiler]
The second rumor lost all credibility when they called the region South America. TPC was more lax about how the world worked back in the day, they'd 100% give it a more Pokemon name these days.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The second rumor lost all credibility when they called the region South America. TPC was more lax about how the world worked back in the day, they'd 100% give it a more Pokemon name these days.
Absolutely, I would be shocked if they didn’t. I think keeping that story from the movie is totally fair game though.

The mystery dungeon rumor gets points too for being back exclusive events like manaphy and ranger. That would be pretty fun, and given they already did that for legends, it’s totally possible for other spinoffs to as well.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

View attachment 384851
View attachment 384852

Alolan Sandshrew is a starter
1707955840820.png
I mean...I may prefer it over Alola Vulpix, but if either ice-type Alolan form's going to be a starter in a Mystery Dungeon game, it's 100% Alolan Vulpix.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alolan Sandshrew is a starter
View attachment 384857
I mean...I may prefer it over Alola Vulpix, but if either ice-type Alolan form's going to be a starter in a Mystery Dungeon game, it's 100% Alolan Vulpix.
To be fair, they dropped vulpix after Sky. Not improbably they wanted a steel type starter for variety or ice type one and chose between one of them.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair, they dropped vulpix after Sky. Not improbably they wanted a steel type starter for variety or ice type one and chose between one of them.
At the same time, Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales get the best treatment out of any Alolan Forms. They can be found in PLA, Alolan Ninetales was one of the first Pokemon added in Unite, Alolan Vulpix has more merch than any other Aloan Forms...

Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Earlier I said the Nintendo employee who comes to my job saying a Best Buy demo event is coming this weekend but he didn't know what it was about.

He learned it's just showing off the Scarlet/Violet DLC, so nothing worth going to.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At the same time, Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales get the best treatment out of any Alolan Forms. They can be found in PLA, Alolan Ninetales was one of the first Pokemon added in Unite, Alolan Vulpix has more merch than any other Aloan Forms...
That’s fair, but at the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if mystery dungeon did something different. They always had pretty interesting choices for additional starters, from munchlax, shinx and a few others. But definitely something worth noting they both zoura forms are there, when they could have also had both vulpix forms.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Welp, gonna go to sleep for tomorrow.

Could be a really awesome day: could get my crush to do matching pfps with me, Shadow drops in Sonic Superstars, the 604€ from the Education Ministerium could finally arrive to my bank account, I may get the marks of my MSO exam... So yeah, a lot of stuff to look forward to tomorrow thankfully.

See ya in some hours ❤

KillerCage

Smash Master
AFTER TWENTY YEARS OF PLAYING SA2 I FINALLY GOT ALL EMBLEMS. WHAT A FANTASTIC GAME JESUS ****
What did it cost you?
For me, it was my prized Chao.
what was everyone's first smash game? mine was brawl, i grew up on that ****
The OG Smash 64.
The N64 was my first game console so I'm older than the majority of people here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

View attachment 384851
View attachment 384852

View attachment 384855
View attachment 384856

[/spoiler]
The difference between me and the people who make these is I make game concept and share them saying “wouldn’t it be cool if this was real”, and these guys pass them off as “totally real leaks of upcoming games”. Imagine if I did that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Pretty much my top 11 most anticipated films this year.

A Quiet Place: Day One
Bad Boys 4
Deadpool & Wolverine
Gladiator 2
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Joker: Folie a Deux
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Kung Fu Panda 4
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
The Fall Guy
Wolfman

The year of sequels. Lol.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I find it strange even though Nick canceled Loud House spin-off The Casgrandges, that its apparently getting a NetFlix film like Loud House did.

Guess being Loud House-related is enough popularity to give it such.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The difference between me and the people who make these is I make game concept and share them saying “wouldn’t it be cool if this was real”, and these guys pass them off as “totally real leaks of upcoming games”. Imagine if I did that.
You should for the fun of it lol.
The Smash Ultimate update for Sora amiibo support is now live.

Nothing else is in its data.
This reminds me I seemingly secured a pre order for this from target, but I have not seen any updates yet. I should go check my target account.

Top Bottom