• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, I already posted about It as It all went on.

I talked with my crush through a video call, and she was stressed due to her having trouble finding a new job, but she was happy I talked with her today and promised me we would meet in person tomorrow during break time for my classes.

I also celebrated my little cousin's birthday with their family, and It was a fun time too.

So yeah, had a great day overall, would repeat It without a doubt.

View attachment 384850
The day predicted by the aztecs, mayans, buddists and everyone who is booksmart and not money smart has finally come: the MCU Cast for the Fantastic Four has been revealed at last.

Overall: I really like the cast. Pedro Pascal is an amazing actor not only in The Last Of Us as Joel but also as the Mandalorian himself. He nails the father side of Reed and I want to believe his relationship with Sue is gonna be awesome. Looking forward to see him tackling with Franklin and Valeria.

Vanessa Kirby looks amazing as Sue, I feel she can give the character a great girl-boss identity as in the comics and bring us some epic moments. She has my favourite costume on this whole poster as well, gonna try to Cosplay as her to go watch the movie in cinemas.

Gonna be real: neither my mother or I know who's the actor for Johnny Storm. He looks promising from what I've checked on Google doh.

And The Thing... Let me just say: hiring an actor who is known for roles where he is usually the partner or brother of someone and goes through a lot of personal stuff which brings them down emotionally... That's perfect for the dramatic side of The Thing. Looking forward to seeing how he does the funny side and his relationship with Alicia Masters.

So in short: I openly welcome these new Fantastic Four. And I love the way they decided to reveal them. On a day such as Valentine's Day where not only we celebrate our Valentine (Reed and Sue) but also those we hold dearly close to our heart and who have helped move through tough times (Johnny and Ben). It makes me feel that at least the marketing team has a better understanding of the values of the team more than FOX ever did. And It gives me a lot of hope for the movie.

So yeah... The hype is real.
Honestly I'm kinda excited by this movie, being in the 60's means it'll stand out and be accessible, even if there's a risk that this verdion of Reed is gonna be the whole "wives should be kissed, not heard" Reed from the early comics lmao
The next Tokushoutsu release is revealed

I was desperately hoping for W but this is great to see as well, It means Toei is actually willing to localize things that are less than a year old.
YOU CAN'T DO THAT TO ME SHOUT THE TEASER HAD A LARGE EMPHASIS ON GREEN AND PURPLE WHILE SAYING 'MYSTERY IN THE WIND' THAT WAS TEASING W SO HARD SURE TYCOON AND BUFFA ARE GREEN AND PURPLE BUT BUFFA'S NOT EVEN THE TERITARY ALSO GEATS DOES NOT HAVE A WIND MOTIVE AND THEIR TEASER TRAILER HAS BEN AND JOHN BEING TEASED?!?!? HOW DARE THEY, ESPECIALLY ON BLACK HISTORY MONTH GODDAMN

It's cool they got a show that's still very recent though

Shroob

Sup?
That’s good to know. Now the only question is when I’ll be able to fill the gap in my spirit library.
Give it.... a couple months.

They're done on the backend, but they're entirely up to fate as to when they'll be added.

And it's gonna be impossible to really know since people who already got them will have them show up on their boards randomly.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, I did not get to post Pokémon rumors yesterday, so here’s a two for one special!

View attachment 384851
View attachment 384852

overall this would be peak mystery dungeon. Using joy cons to check your heart rate is a total Nintendo move, and using those designs in the books would actually be really smart and could be a fun attention to detail.

Id say this sounds pretty believable, especially since they don’t know the whole scoop for the presents. I would not mind this one at all. Great starter selection too.

biggest red flag is there was a different rumor that had iron prince as a Keldeo paradox villain for a new mystery dungeon. So this could be riding off of that fake post or just a coincidence. I’ll give it a 8/10 for now.
View attachment 384855
View attachment 384856

I like the idea of tying in johto lore into the la to one. Biggest critique is I can not see them straight up calling it South America. Yes the movie takes place there, but the movies aren’t really canon to the games. It’s a logical next choice for a legends game if they didn’t want to do Unova though.

So I’d give it 6.5/10 not totally impossible.
[/spoiler]
These look fake as hell, but I want leak 1 to be real so badly. A new Mystery Dungeon game is literally the only thing I've wanted from Pokemon for years, and a semi open-world title announcement would make me so hyped.

Reactions: Z25

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, yeah

Play Arzette

This is great. It's only 20 bucks and it's charming as hell.

I'm biased since I'm a YTP kid, and this game definitely delivers in that regard, but you can tell that the people who made this game really put a lot of love and heart into it.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Just spent time with my crush during break time of my production classes.

I showed her the trailer of the new Disney+ show and she really loved what she saw. She said the English dialect used in the trailer is extremely accurate to the one people use in Lagos, Nigeria. She also hoped the place would indeed turn out like that in the future.

We also did the thing from the Fantastic Four poster with Reed and Sue, we had a good laugh trying to recreate It on a bench:
Screenshot_2024-02-14-16-14-21-97_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

She also talked with my mother through phone, and both talked about her job situation and how she just needs to take things as slowly and calm as possible for them to turn out as well as It did for my mother.

So yeah, overall a really fun time with her. Hopefully we go on a date at some point.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just spent time with my crush during break time of my production classes.

I showed her the trailer of the new Disney+ show and she really loved what she saw. She said the English dialect used in the trailer is extremely accurate to the one people use in Lagos, Nigeria. She also hoped the place would indeed turn out like that in the future.

We also did the thing from the Fantastic Four poster with Reed and Sue, we had a good laugh trying to recreate It on a bench:
View attachment 384871
She also talked with my mother through phone, and both talked about her job situation and how she just needs to take things as slowly and calm as possible for them to turn out as well as It did for my mother.

So yeah, overall a really fun time with her. Hopefully we go on a date at some point.
You should just ask her to grab a bite with you or something, man. Don’t even make it a big deal, be causal with it.

It’ll work, trust :101:

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Sure, will try to Noi!

Maybe we could go to a mall such as Las Arenas or Los Alisios and go eat at any place while also looking at stores.

Edit: HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
WTF?! Didn't see this coming from Marvel Studios. I'm all in for it.
Screenshot_20240212_194621_Chrome.jpg

Jotadé

Smash Ace
The best part of the trailer was Cyclops actually being an awesome and badass leader as he is meant to be unlike in the FoX-Men movies.

Also, the shots of Gambit charging Wolverine's claws and Storm's rage went hard.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Maybe we can get a reboot beat em up from them now like we got from TMNT

The big 3 Konami Beat em Ups were TMNT, The Simpsons, and X-Men, after all.
Funny you say that, because It has been confirmed there will be a videogame-themed episode in this new show and they already found promo art of It with a Mega Man 7 reference
GFR4Tp2agAAhuUf.png

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Holy **** Noipoi Noipoi , I just realized.

Ever since osby osby left for a month, we got the MCU Fantastic Four cast reveal, the X-Men '97 trailer, I passed every subject I had suspended on the first semester and my crush and I have been improving our relationship quite well.

That sacrifice we did for him has done wonders.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Holy **** Noipoi Noipoi , I just realized.

Ever since osby osby left for a month, we got the MCU Fantastic Four cast reveal, the X-Men '97 trailer, I passed every subject I had suspended on the first semester and my crush and I have been improving our relationship quite well.

That sacrifice we did for him has done wonders.
Well this week’s been kinda sucky for me, so…

Congrats, JD! You got the wish :yoshi:

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Well this week’s been kinda sucky for me, so…

Congrats, JD! You got the wish :yoshi:
Thanks Noi!

And I'll tell you the same thing my mother and I told my crush today: Breathe slowly, take things with calm, and you'll see how time puts things into place.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Almost forgot to share, but today is a big day for Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and I as well:

It is the anniversary of the Professor Layton franchise. A franchise which I hold dearly close to my heart since It was my father's favourite videogame series. We played all the NDS games together and plan to play New World Of Steam as well.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Day After Valentine's day, you know what that means!

It means nothing.
It's actually the day Shadow drops in Sonic Superstars as a costume for Sonic (or so said one of the devs when Sonic x Shadow Generations got announced).

Is the world ready to see Classic Shadow?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Almost forgot to share, but today is a big day for Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo and I as well:

It is the anniversary of the Professor Layton franchise. A franchise which I hold dearly close to my heart since It was my father's favourite videogame series. We played all the NDS games together and plan to play New World Of Steam as well.
WOOO YEEAAH HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MY BRITISH HUSBAND
i mean.

Top Bottom