• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
what was everyone's first smash game? mine was brawl, i grew up on that ****
Melee. My cousin got it for me as a birthday gift.

I loved the game and learned about Nintendo from it lol. To be honest I didn't know who any of the characters except Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Pikachu and Luigi were at the time.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Today It was the birthday of one of my little cousins, went with his parents, his brothers, other cousins and his grandparents to have a mini lunch.

The kid had a blast, he went to the park and played with other kids, and he got a lot of cool gifts: a smart watch, a Sonic shirt which goes from a Sonic art to a Green Hill Zone one, a LEGO Harry Potter set and other dope stuff.

Wasn't feeling well today due to an anxiety attack I got over issues of my past, but thankfully my cousine and my mother were there rooting and supporting me and I was able to enjoy my time there. My little cousins were Happy to see me as well.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Something unrelated... But yeah, since we are talking about them right now, I want to apologize to TheMightyP TheMightyP for probably weirding them out weeks ago over them spoiling a plot point of My Adventures With Superman to me.

Ain't gonna sugarcoat It: I am someone who has had It tough for years to annalize context and tone through text. That probably made me feel more upset than I should have been towards them.

If that isn't the reason they have been kind of not bothering with anything I post... Idk. I just know that whatever happened I am so sorry. Never meant to hurt a person such as them, with great ideas, good art and overall respectful towards most.

That's all. Sorry for bothering right now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So next week we should expect the final spirit wave, right?

And the Peach Game is apparently coming soon...

Man, TTYD is gonna be the last Switch Nintendo title, huh?

And it's gonna ****ing BOMB cause by the time it drops, everyone's gonna be talking Switch2.
Arlo is not going to let that happen lol.

I don’t think paper Mario fans will either. It’s been one of the most requested games and switch has a huge install base for it. It should do pretty well imo.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Something unrelated... But yeah, since we are talking about them right now, I want to apologize to TheMightyP TheMightyP for probably weirding them out weeks ago over them spoiling a plot point of My Adventures With Superman to me.

Ain't gonna sugarcoat It: I am someone who has had It tough for years to annalize context and tone through text. That probably made me feel more upset than I should have been towards them.

If that isn't the reason they have been kind of not bothering with anything I post... Idk. I just know that whatever happened I am so sorry. Never meant to hurt a person such as them, with great ideas, good art and overall respectful towards most.

That's all. Sorry for bothering right now.
TWOMAD DIED?
... I'll see myself out

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Trailer 2 to The New Empire came out.

As with the first trailer. Not watching so I can savor all the hype for when I see the film.

Don't know why more people don't do that? Trailers nowadays gives everything away.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok yeah, Twomad died of an OD, and like 10 minutes later it comes out thag Dude was also gonna murder another youtuber for collabing with the police on a (probably closed now) **** allegation. Which he had multiple.

No idea if there's correlation but man what a horrible fall from grace. Don't ever die vengeful and hateful, y'all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The F4 cast is interesting. These actors minus Pedro have all been rumored as cast since the start.

Which is weird, as it implies everyone in Hollywood turned down the Mr fantastic role. I wonder why?

My guess they wanted Jon Kraniski and he just couldn’t commit to it. He would be much closer in age to Vanessa then Pedro and fits more.

But maybe the money was an issue for people trying to sign on as well.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know those super detailed and show accurate figures NECA has been doing of characters from 87 tmnt?

Man I wish they’d start doing them of characters from the 2012 show because I’d be all over it. The playmates toys are so off model.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
What is everyone else doing for Valentines Day?
Well, I already posted about It as It all went on.

I talked with my crush through a video call, and she was stressed due to her having trouble finding a new job, but she was happy I talked with her today and promised me we would meet in person tomorrow during break time for my classes.

I also celebrated my little cousin's birthday with their family, and It was a fun time too.

So yeah, had a great day overall, would repeat It without a doubt.

IMG_20240214_194144.jpg

The day predicted by the aztecs, mayans, buddists and everyone who is booksmart and not money smart has finally come: the MCU Cast for the Fantastic Four has been revealed at last.

Overall: I really like the cast. Pedro Pascal is an amazing actor not only in The Last Of Us as Joel but also as the Mandalorian himself. He nails the father side of Reed and I want to believe his relationship with Sue is gonna be awesome. Looking forward to see him tackling with Franklin and Valeria.

Vanessa Kirby looks amazing as Sue, I feel she can give the character a great girl-boss identity as in the comics and bring us some epic moments. She has my favourite costume on this whole poster as well, gonna try to Cosplay as her to go watch the movie in cinemas.

Gonna be real: neither my mother or I know who's the actor for Johnny Storm. He looks promising from what I've checked on Google doh.

And The Thing... Let me just say: hiring an actor who is known for roles where he is usually the partner or brother of someone and goes through a lot of personal stuff which brings them down emotionally... That's perfect for the dramatic side of The Thing. Looking forward to seeing how he does the funny side and his relationship with Alicia Masters.

So in short: I openly welcome these new Fantastic Four. And I love the way they decided to reveal them. On a day such as Valentine's Day where not only we celebrate our Valentine (Reed and Sue) but also those we hold dearly close to our heart and who have helped move through tough times (Johnny and Ben). It makes me feel that at least the marketing team has a better understanding of the values of the team more than FOX ever did. And It gives me a lot of hope for the movie.

So yeah... The hype is real.

Top Bottom