• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

People that obsess over directs are the saddest people ever. Go ****ing touch some grasss, pet a dog.
*****, damn
Ngl, you are kinda real for saying that.

You would have to be EXTREMELY bored and out of stuff to do or straight up not care about a single game on the Nintendo Switch right now to be begging the sky for a Nintendo Direct right now.

I personally, am completely pleased with everything I own already, and am looking forward to a lot of already announced stuff, I mean look at all the stuff I plan to pick up this year:
IMG_20240210_153037.jpg

Heck, today they released the remakes/remasters of the original Lara Croft trilogy, and they are quite cheap (27 bucks) and apparently very good. If I were desperate for anything new right now I would just buy that collection and spend time with It.

Dukefire

Smash Master
reminds me of the time when Smash 4's character speculation was the craziest topic for directs. I think Smash 4's speculation was more toxic than Ultimate's FP DLC.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ah, I see that Ebon Moss-Bachrach casted as Ben Grimm. Liked his performances during FX's The Bear where he played Carmy's cousin Richie.

Also, do I see a hint of 1960's design elements within the poster?

EDIT: Actually someone seemed to had pointed this out on Twitter, if you look carefully at the magazine Ben Grimm was reading on the poster, it might give you a hint to the film's possible setting.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'm familiar with Pedro Pascal (through, among other things, the Mandalorian and the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent) and Vanessa Kirby (through the latest Mission Impossible movies, along with Hobbes & Shaw). Not familiar with Joseph Quinn, though looking into it, he was in Stranger Things (I'm way behind on that show - I'm only partway through season 1), and I don't think I've seen anything with Ebon Moss-Bachrach in it.

Still, I like the look of the line-up, and I'm glad that they're making announcements for this movie.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

I'm familiar with Pedro Pascal (through, among other things, the Mandalorian and the Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent) and Vanessa Kirby (through the latest Mission Impossible movies, along with Hobbes & Shaw). Not familiar with Joseph Quinn, though looking into it, he was in Stranger Things (I'm way behind on that show - I'm only partway through season 1), and I don't think I've seen anything with Ebon Moss-Bachrach in it.

Still, I like the look of the line-up, and I'm glad that they're making announcements for this movie.
I'm also very familiar with Pedro Pascal who was in the Mandalorian and as Max Lord in Wonder Woman 1984, Vanessa Kirby who was in the last Mission Impossible film although I'm not very familar with Joseph Quinn.

On the bolded - I'd recommend watching FX's The Bear (which is also on Disney+) in which Ebon Moss-Bachrach stars in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’m probably gonna try and doodle stuff for today (at least a few things, with at least two being Palentine’s (platonic/friendship Valentine’s)).

also, today’s Minecraft snapshot has a new skeleton variant called the “Bogged,” spawning in swamps/mangrove swamps. Its fire rate is a bit slower and it has a bit less health, but its arrows poison you. It appears from some Trial Spawners in Trial Chambers, as well, replacing the poison tipped arrow-shooting skeletons they had previously. It also has white eyes like the Stray (and Herobrine).

don’t get bogged down on Valentine’s Day :p

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…well that was sudden :054:
They’re striking while the Marvel iron is hot
Ah, I see that Ebon Moss-Bachrach casted as Ben Grimm. Liked his performances during FX's The Bear where he played Carmy's cousin Richie.

Also, do I see a hint of 1960's design elements within the poster?

EDIT: Actually someone seemed to had pointed this out on Twitter, if you look carefully at the magazine Ben Grimm was reading on the poster, it might give you a hint to the film's possible setting.
either they’re gonna do some crazy **** to end up in 2025-2026 or they’re gonna age normally yet still look young…either way Spider-Man and a living Illuminati interactions are needed

I didn’t ****ing recognize Quinn being from Stranger Things due to the normal haircut and lack of rock. Yeah we’re definitely in good hands with that pick for Johnny

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
yeah ngl I've never understood the people that meticiously go through and predict when the next direct will be based on a huge graph of past direct dates.

its just a news letter in video form ya'll they might not have anything substantial to show yet, idk :drflip:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Directs are nice when cool things are announced. Unfortunately we don't always get stuff that's to my taste and that's fine cause there's more to life than Nintendo games

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm more invested in Directs when there's likely be announcements for upcoming games that I'm interested in.

Now that Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Pikmin 4 are out and Ultimate's DLC is over, I haven't had much reason to be invested in Directs outside of potential announcements of other brand new, yet announced games and the occasional Indie game, and there's no way to know if there are gonna be any new game announcements or any Indie games that I'm curious about announced at a Direct in advance.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
I wish there was a level in Peach Showtime with a horror-themed, where she's disguised as a monster.
IDK which one? Werewolf Peach? Vampire Peach? Mummy Peach? Frankenstein Peach?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’d say I’m pretty satisfied with the Fantastic 4 casting. I don’t love the actor for Johnny but other than that I’m on board. Would’ve preferred for them to give John Krasinski an actual character instead the caricature we got in MoM but Pedro is cool I suppose.

John probably didn’t want to sign on for multiple movies if I had to guess though.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The only thing I have to say about the Fantastic Four castings are that I'm very grateful that they didn't erase my people again, Ben Grimm is one of the most iconic Jews in comics so I'm glad he's being played by a Jewish actor

Top Bottom