• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Just came out from watching Madame Web and oh boy......who's idea was it to flip the iconic "great power comes, great responsibility" quote to "when you take responsibility, great power will come?"

Will give my further views in my next post.
Kinda sucks that you had to see the movie right when we just got the greatest streak of Marvel news in recent time between the Fantastic Four cast, the X-Men '97 trailer, Deadpool 3, Moon Girl season 2 and so on.

But oh well, I understand. Hopefully you get to enjoy other stuff soon!

Shroob

Sup?
"Ah cool, this is a interesting looking ima---"

Made with AI

"Okay but at least this Youtube video seems like it's right up my all---"

Text to speech Chat GPT script

I hate AI, man.
Really though.

Real talk but this kinda **** is just depressing to watch, especially because it's soo ungodly rampant and unregulated right now. Every single day I'm having to wade through clearly AI-generated content on almost any platform I go on, and the scary thing is it's getting harder to tell what is and isn't. It's hard to not feel like this is just going to be 'the norm' now and to get used to it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Really though.

Real talk but this kinda **** is just depressing to watch, especially because it's soo ungodly rampant and unregulated right now. Every single day I'm having to wade through clearly AI-generated content on almost any platform I go on, and the scary thing is it's getting harder to tell what is and isn't. It's hard to not feel like this is just going to be 'the norm' now and to get used to it.
I'll AI generate you

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Real talk though it is really depressing to me and idk why. It feels like the human element's just being stripped away for soulless content farms and schlocky 'art' that looks terrible yet people are legit dumb enough to pay for, and there's just nothing being done about it.
The thing with generative AI is that it needs to draw from outside sources and even then it's prone to messing up a lot and looking or sounding like garbo. That's a dealbreaker for those wanting quality, which is more than you think. But kids don't care so you get these YouTube AI content farms schlock.

If we're talking solely for the art community, there is a certain subsection of them that's getting absolutely ravished by generative AI. Read between the lines here.

Shroob

Sup?
The thing with generative AI is that it needs to draw from outside sources and even then it's prone to messing up a lot and looking or sounding like garbo. That's a dealbreaker for those wanting quality, which is more than you think. But kids don't care so you get these YouTube AI content farms schlock.

If we're talking solely for the art community, there is a certain subsection of them that's getting absolutely ravished by generative AI. Read between the lines here.
I mean, I'm defo aware of that. A certain image site I use to pull anime art from has more or less thrown its hands up and said "For now, we're gonna ban AI art, but in the future, get used to it", which is like, disheartening to hear, ya know.

And it's weird getting soo bogged down by this but like, this **** is scary for the future. I'm not an artist, so it doesn't affect me, but I personally know too many artists who it will affect.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, I'm defo aware of that. A certain image site I use to pull anime art from has more or less thrown its hands up and said "For now, we're gonna ban AI art, but in the future, get used to it", which is like, disheartening to hear, ya know.

And it's weird getting soo bogged down by this but like, this **** is scary for the future. I'm not an artist, so it doesn't affect me, but I personally know too many artists who it will affect.
As a creative myself, it doesn't affect me but it does suck seeing others losing their jobs because companies see AI and think it's the all seeing eye of creativity, not realizing that AI still requires the human in order to achieve great results.. I some smaller companies are going down under because of overreliance of AI.

Though truth is idk if AI will take off for the general public. AI is nothing but a buzzword in marketing and they don't actually tell you what it is but it's new and fancy. And also they can't market it so they just make it seem like it's a magic tool and can it can do anything. Like there was one in the super bowl that was where the dude typed up a prompt that was like "make me a 3D game" like lol, lmao (it can't do that).

Shroob

Sup?
So uh, what happened to New Horizons anyway?

I almost never hear anyone talk about it despite its age.

Did the holiday furniture ever end up not being butts?

I wanted to re-do the Halloween and Xmas sets but they seemingly got hella redesigned(For the worst imo).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I wanted to re-do the Halloween and Xmas sets but they seemingly got hella redesigned(For the worst imo).
They stopped updating it and it died down.

Until the Switch 2 happens

Noipoi

Howdy!

The game ran out of steam by the start of 2022. Guess it didn’t have a lot of staying power.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Waitaminute, but.... no, that's....

Googles

No.....

NO
View attachment 384930

HE REALLY WAS JUST MAN THIS WHOLE TIME?
Bottom text

Edit: is It just me Who finds It to be comedy gold that I posted Michael Keaton saying "let's get nuts" and right after that the chat goes radio silent? /honest /positive

Not saying this in any negative way, I genuiely feel that could be a fun comedy sketch: "They said let's go nuts and everyone went offline"

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Ngl, I should be sleeping to have energy for tomorrow morning as I have to produce a Carnival party during the morning as part of my classes, but idk, there's something about this site which hooks me up to keep talking.

But yeah, priorities first, gonna try to go to sleep. If for some reason I post anything in the next 7 hours, feel free to reply to my post with the griddy or Surfin' Bird.

See ya'll tomorrow! ❤

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still upsets me that Scarlet/Violet is the only other Pokémon games beyond Gold/Silver and its variants where you can visit more than one region.

One region games are hardly cutting it now.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

The Animal Crossing team is also the Splatoon team. And...well...

Top Bottom