• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So it's past Valentine's Day and all but I wanna say I really do appreciate talking to y'all from across the screen. Things at my house haven't been the best and I'm really struggling mentally so I just want to say talking to y'all does make my day just a bit better, even if for a little bit.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So it's past Valentine's Day and all but I wanna say I really do appreciate talking to y'all from across the screen. Things at my house haven't been the best and I'm really struggling mentally so I just want to say talking to y'all does make my day just a bit better, even if for a little bit.
Sorry to hear things aren't going well, I'm happy if I could help in anyway, but most importantly, remember that you are loved and have caused countless laughs. **** gets better bro, believe me

Shroob

Sup?
A part of me still kinda wants to get New Horizons, but if I missed the boat it feels hard to justify it.

I love Animal Crossing, but I was always more into the home decorating and museum collecting, not soo much making the landscape pretty.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thanks for the wishes everyone, ever since hearing the news. I've felt so numb...

Trying to stay positive that there's a miracle but still worrying for possibly the worst that could come...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'll be the one with the hottest of hot takes

Pie in the sky if Ultimate somehow does get a "port" to Switch 2, the only thing it needs is better netcode.

Game's fine in terms of content.

I mean… I’ve made this argument before and I’ll make it again.

I don’t just want to play as characters in smash for the sake of playing as them in a platform fighter. I want them to join that big collective celebration that is Ultimate’s roster. It’s more meaningful that way and having newcomers in a game where everyone is not here feels like it’s missing part of the reason people, or at least people like me, were asking for them in the first place. It feels less special, less exciting, and less enticing. It’s one of my major issues with Nick Brawl 2.

Now, is there an easy solution? No. Not really. I understand that the next game would probably have cuts. But then I list the cuts that I think wouldn’t diminish the overall value of the roster and all of a sudden I’m being asked to pay fines and write essays about why I’m wrong. And I think that’s exemplary of the fact that there really is no path forward other than keeping everyone. Will that take a lot of work and/or just porting/enhancing ultimate? Yes. But is it worth it to make the most people happy? I’d argue yes.

Noipoi

Howdy!

I don’t just want to play as characters in smash for the sake of playing as them in a platform fighter. I want them to join that big collective celebration that is Ultimate’s roster. It’s more meaningful that way and having newcomers in a game where everyone is not here feels like it’s missing part of the reason people, or at least people like me, were asking for them in the first place. It feels less special, less exciting, and less enticing. It’s one of my major issues with Nick Brawl 2.

Now, is there an easy solution? No. Not really. I understand that the next game would probably have cuts. But then I list the cuts that I think wouldn’t diminish the overall value of the roster and all of a sudden I’m being asked to pay fines and write essays about why I’m wrong. And I think that’s exemplary of the fact that there really is no path forward other than keeping everyone. Will that take a lot of work and/or just porting/enhancing ultimate? Yes. But is it worth it to make the most people happy? I’d argue yes.
Nah man, while I'm not chomping at the bit for characters to get axed, I understand that not everyone's making the jump next time and I've made my peace with it.

Your choices for cuts were just stupid :4pacman:

Shroob

Sup?

I mean, the sad truth to reality is time marches on, whether we like it or not, and the next Smash game almost assuredly isn't going to be "Ultimate, but again."

It sucks, it's going to suck, but the sooner we rip off the band-aid of realizing that Ultimate is a once in a lifetime title like MvsC2 was, or SF4, or, etc etc etc.

No one's going to come to your house and take Ultimate away, you'll always have it available.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah man, while I'm not chomping at the bit for characters to get axed, I understand that not everyone's making the jump next time and I've made my peace with it.

Your choices for cuts were just stupid :4pacman:
…who were the choices?

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah.

The Switch 2 will (hopefully) be backwards compatible, so (hopefully) we'll still be able to play Ultimate on it.

Now, the big, big question is, if there IS a new Smash on the Switch 2, how will they get people to give up playing Ultimate as their main Smash for it. Giving up 90~ish characters, over a hundred stages, and thousands of music tracks is going to be a hard sell.

If the console has zero backwards compatibility, then there's no real choice in the matter, but for everyone's sakes, I'm hoping there is.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok so I beat Treasure Trove Cove.

You know, for being the so called magnum opus of the N64 (Ocarina's do not exist)... it's just alright. I do appreciate that the worlds are small and compact so collecting stuff is kinda easy, but there's archaic design that bogs it down imo. Banjo being unbelievably slow and having lag on like everything didn't help, and I've had run ins with wonky collision. And God I HATE N64 camera controls, I'm glad they have a button to keep it behind Banjo but it gets caught on everything so it doesn't work. In terms of 3D platformers, I think Mario 64 handled these complaints better.

On the flipside, exploration and solving the scenarios for jiggys are fun, the cast is charming and graphically it looks good. Despite my gripes with the game speed and the camera, it's fundamentally sound, nothing outright broken that ruins it for me. It's just alright so far, nothing special but I see some good ideas in here.

Oh, and it's really not beating the Scrimblo allegations. Like at all.

But it's not life changing like Nintendo Millenials said it was so it's actually bad.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

You know, for being the so called magnum opus of the N64 (Ocarina's do not exist)... it's just alright. I do appreciate that the worlds are small and compact so collecting stuff is kinda easy, but there's archaic design that bogs it down imo. Banjo being unbelievably slow and having lag on like everything didn't help, and I've had run ins with wonky collision. And God I HATE N64 camera controls, I'm glad they have a button to keep it behind Banjo but it gets caught on everything so it doesn't work. In terms of 3D platformers, I think Mario 64 handled these complaints better.

On the flipside, exploration and solving the scenarios for jiggys are fun, the cast is charming and graphically it looks good. Despite my gripes with the game speed and the camera, it's fundamentally sound, nothing outright broken that ruins it for me. It's just alright so far, nothing special but I see some good ideas in here.

But it's not life changing like Nintendo Millenials said it was so it's actually bad.
Cherish your time in Kazooie.

Dread Tooie.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Somewhere along the line, in between N64 nostalgia and the franchise sputtering out, the narrative shifted from it being a really good game to absolute peak fiction. Which can give newcomers some lofty expectations.

I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but I learned to appreciate the game for what it is. The characters, humor, and music really spoke to me in the end.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Somewhere along the line, in between N64 nostalgia and the franchise sputtering out, the narrative shifted from it being a really good game to absolute peak fiction. Which can give newcomers some lofty expectations.

I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but I learned to appreciate the game for what it is. The characters, humor, and music really spoke to me in the end.
Okay but what about Banjo Kazooie? What does TTYD have to do with this?

:nifty:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I started drawing late today, so no Kirby and Bandana Dee. If I have time tomorrow, I may draw them then, but if not then I will next week since I really want to :p

I did, however, do a Palentine's drawing of me (or my persona character, whatever same thing) and Miku :happysheep:
Miku & Me.png

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly tho, Noi'd post about BK is how I feel a lot of people are gonna come into TTYD.

Paper Mario fans have always hyped it up as 'the best one', and honestly? Is it a good game? Yes. Does it have some of the worst gameplay sections I've ever had to play? Also yes.

TTYD's backtracking is just, painful. It's not fun. Chapter 4 at the very least gets a somewhat pass because everyone loves Vivian, but the General White stuff is soo, soo bad.

But I'm also a heretic whose favorite PM games are Super and 64 so what do I know.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean, it's better than Mario 64 in every possible way. And people treat that game like a god game already so of course it was gonna happen.

But for real, I think that Banjo/Rare fans have some sort of collective trauma from the 5th generation of consoles (if the way Hyle of DK Vine talks, posts, and... conducts his genera affairs is any indication) causing them to become fanatical supporters of the games they loved. I love Banjo-Kazooie but I acknowledge it has faults. There is no such thing as a perfect game. But it is a game that makes me very happy, and I think that's all that matters.

Shroob

Sup?
Still debating if I wanna get AC....

Gah.

It feels like I missed the window of opportunity of when it was fun, but Animal Crossing is always fun to just mess around in.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
not gonna lie I'm playing through persona 4 golden right now and one of the confidants is hitting so close to home I'm actually crying right now, jesus

Shroob

Sup?
well it's either awakening or three houses... i guess i could cut Ike and keep Chrom. But something tells me you wouldn't like that either.
I mean, why can't they co-exist?

There's also Roy being cut which is a bit.... eh?

Roy 'almost' made it into Brawl thanks to datamines, and Sakurai found him important of a veteran to bring him back to Smash 4. Methinks, Sakurai kinda just likes Roy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, why can't they co-exist?

There's also Roy being cut which is a bit.... eh?

Roy 'almost' made it into Brawl thanks to datamines, and Sakurai found him important of a veteran to bring him back to Smash 4. Methinks, Sakurai kinda just likes Roy.
We gotta have cuts. This is who I'd cut. You'll eat your broccoli and like it.

Shroob

Sup?
Well who would you cut? Sephiroth? Sora? Banjo? Snake? Ryu and Ken? Other interesting characters?
Sadly, the 3rd party characters are almost always the one with the pendulum over their head, because legal contracts and whatnot. Whereas Fire Emblem is as easy as Sakurai going to Intelligent Systems and going "Yo."

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ended up cancelling the Sora amiibo I had on pre-order with Best Buy for in-store pick up at Target. All of my local Targets (~25 miles) have between 4-8 in stock, so hopefully there shouldn't be too much of a shortage for most people.

Am going to pick it up before work so I can keep it on my office desk all day. After that, I can't wait to get back so I can do a group photo of my collection. My retired Dad is handyman and has offered to help me build a display case for them all. He said his favorites are Fox, Dedede, and Ness.

EDIT: Also changed the thread title. :ultsora:

Last edited:
Top Bottom