• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Welp, that's Maria Robotnik confirmed for Sonic 3.

Also, the OpenLara creator worked on the new Tomb Raider remasters/remakes:
Hate to break it to you but that image is editted, though Alyla Browne teased she was indeed playing Maria, she's in on the jokes though so that's good

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Hate to break it to you but that image is editted, though Alyla Browne teased she was indeed playing Maria, she's in on the jokes though so that's good
Yeah, I've seen some of her stuff regarding the role of Maria Robotnik. I like It when actors in general tend to be in with the community (Luke from Street Fighter's or Persona 3 Reloaded protagonist's voice actor for example, love him).

A shame the image is edited doh, but hopefully we see stuff during the summer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, I've seen some of her stuff regarding the role of Maria Robotnik. I like It when actors in general tend to be in with the community (Luke from Street Fighter's or Persona 3 Reloaded protagonist's voice actor for example, love him).

A shame the image is edited doh, but hopefully we see stuff during the summer.
Actually I was mistaken, she did indeed ****in send those pics in a body bag what the **** lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
:ultcorrinf::ultdoc::ultincineroar::ultlucina::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultivysaur::ultsquirtle::ultrobinf::ultroy::ultchrom::ultyounglink::ultzss:
Originally Byleth and Greninja were on there too but I was talked out of it.
…Zamus, Piranha Plant, Awakening trio, Roy, Etika’s barefoot waifu…crazy
sames
Sadly, the 3rd party characters are almost always the one with the pendulum over their head, because legal contracts and whatnot. Whereas Fire Emblem is as easy as Sakurai going to Intelligent Systems and going "Yo."
except for Sonic. Mario always gonna casually bring him in no matter what

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
When it comes to 3rd parties in Smash, I see Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man returning for sure. Sonic is pretty much a mainstay at this point and Pac-Man stays as long as Namco is there. Mega Man... I think Capcom is buddy buddy with Nintendo so it should be fine.

To that extent, I can imagine Ryu and Ken staying as well, or Ken goes and we get Chun instead. Kazuya I can see retuening in some capacity, Bayo is basically a Nintendo character at this point so I can't see her getting the boot. Idk on Joker, they may want to promote the newest Persona game instead.

Squeenix I think will come back as DLC, though FF is weird cause the music is in copyright hell, so I can see Sephy gone. Hero pribably is DLC (possibly base game), Sora probably returns as DLC as well.

No idea on Konami characters.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Nintendo just did an incredibly random restock of amiibo on their site for some ungodly reason, Of course it is at a time where I have very little spending money so I was only able to get the way too expensive in the after market Pikmin amiibo

Genuinely one of my favorite amiibo because this and Olimar are like the only 1:1 scale amiibo

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When it comes to 3rd parties in Smash, I see Sonic, Pac-Man, and Mega Man returning for sure. Sonic is pretty much a mainstay at this point and Pac-Man stays as long as Namco is there. Mega Man... I think Capcom is buddy buddy with Nintendo so it should be fine.

To that extent, I can imagine Ryu and Ken staying as well, or Ken goes and we get Chun instead. Kazuya I can see retuening in some capacity, Bayo is basically a Nintendo character at this point so I can't see her getting the boot. Idk on Joker, they may want to promote the newest Persona game instead.

Squeenix I think will come back as DLC, though FF is weird cause the music is in copyright hell, so I can see Sephy gone. Hero pribably is DLC (possibly base game), Sora probably returns as DLC as well.

No idea on Konami characters.
with most people in the modern era getting into Persona thanks to Joker, I don’t see why he wouldn’t make a return. At the worst he’d be joined by a new Persona user just to double up the content…music wise especially cause they need gallons

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we’re finally getting Ultra Instinct Goku vs Gohan Beast

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whatever is going on with a Nintendo presentation, I'm not going to stress it until one actually happens.

I am in no rush.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…they really made Persona 3’s ending hit even harder through Reload

man this is the perfect Persona 3 experience

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Best now to abandon any hopes for an enhanced version of Ultimate and just move on to speculation for a brand new installment.
To be fair this could be a smash Wii U to ultimate case.

“Here’s the exact same game used as a base but we are going to slap a new name and some new things on it.”

Would not be hard for Bamco to make a new game fast and with ultimate’s base. Especially if switch 2 is that backwards compatible.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair this could be a smash Wii U to ultimate case.

“Here’s the exact same game used as a base but we are going to slap a new name and some new things on it.”

Would not be hard for Bamco to make a new game fast and with ultimate’s base. Especially if switch 2 is that backwards compatible.
They reused Smash 4's models because the Switch wasn't powerful enough to warrant scrapping them. And they didn't look weird like Melee's.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This post was too funny not to share:
Aw ****, here we go again.

All this for a partner showcase people are just gonna whine about :nifty:
MARIO RPG 2 BABY!!! lETS GO!!!!!!
They reused Smash 4's models because the Switch wasn't powerful enough to warrant scrapping them. And they didn't look weird like Melee's.
Exactly, it was easier, no reason not to do it again and save on budget and time.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Nintendo is gonna put all their eggs in the weeb basket and it’s gonna hurt them
You can’t say that when a new 3D Mario and probably a Mario Kart are coming as well. Not to mention any third party support, and the obligatory gimmicky launch title that makes use of the new console’s wacky featuretm

One little Fire Emblem remake won’t hurt anything.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Exactly, it was easier,
Yeah. WAS easier. But now we're very likely getting a system that's strong enough to handle higher-poly models than the Wii U, and Nintendo's gonna wanna show it off.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah. WAS easier. But now we're very likely getting a system that's strong enough to handle higher-poly models than the Wii U, and Nintendo's gonna wanna show it off.
This is the same company who treats Gamefreak like this:

(their models are like 3 gens behind)
Sakurai might care but I’m not convinced Nintendo does

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This is the same company who treats Gamefreak like this:

(their models are like 3 gens behind)
Sakurai might care but I’m not convinced Nintendo does
Game Freak=/=anyone else who makes games for Nintendo. It should've been obvious when no one makes jokes about Xenoblade having N64 trees.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You can’t say that when a new 3D Mario and probably a Mario Kart are coming as well. Not to mention any third party support, and the obligatory gimmicky launch title that makes use of the new console’s wacky featuretm

I heard the exclusive game is going to be Russian Miilette. Using the IR and Motion Controls, your mii avatars can play Russian roulette! The last one standing will get that sweet victory royale!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So after some thinking here what I'll think will be the launch lineup for Switch 2:
  • Mario Kart 8 Ultimate (big system seller, has all the content from MK8, 8D, and 8D's DLC).
  • Fire Emblem 4 remake (it's been rumored for years now and FE is a priority franchise)
  • 3D Zelda remake/remaster. My guess? BoTW remastered edition to show off the graphical enhancements from the Switch. If they were based though, they'd rerelease the remakes of the first 4 3D Zelda games and enhance them significantly.
  • Pokemon. Probably just a port to showcase graphical enhancements.
And a 3D Mario comes sometime down the line, and then mainline Pokemon, then the usual Nintendo cycle repeats...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Ok fair. I just get… I don’t know. I think Smash speculation has permanently ruined my perception of the series.

But like it’s a turn based tactics game. That’s never been a popular genre, especially in America. So it baffles me why the games apparently do well over here “just because they’re good” when other “good” titles and series are left to languish in obscurity and few releases. It can’t be the only criteria. So things like genre and style have to matter. But fire emblem breaks those rules by being apparently massively successful despite its genre and none of it makes any sense to me. Like… X-Com and Disgaea are not as big as your trying to tell me fire emblem is so where’s the disconnect?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok fair. I just get… I don’t know. I think Smash speculation has permanently ruined my perception of the series.

But like it’s a turn based tactics game. That’s never been a popular genre, especially in America. So it baffles me why the games apparently do well over here “just because they’re good” when other “good” titles and series are left to languish in obscurity and few releases. It can’t be the only criteria. So things like genre and style have to matter. But fire emblem breaks those rules by being apparently massively successful despite its genre and none of it makes any sense to me. Like… X-Com and Disgaea are not as big as your trying to tell me fire emblem is so where’s the disconnect?
I mean Fire Emblem is in Smash and has a lot of exposure from their company and their fans, so in turn it's gonna be the most popular of that type.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I hope the next Zelda game goes in a radically different aesthetic direction compared to the last two games. I love those games but I'm also kinda sick of looking at them

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Sonic fans when they see a little girl getting shot

Top Bottom