• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That is true I do love women
though i've been thinking for a while that I might also be into guys, I'm gonna explore that later tho
FRAUD
With all due respect, why would anyone ever be horny for a man?
****ING
Counterpoint: You find men attractive and therefore any and all of your opinions on who's considered attractive are invalid
DETECTED

(In case it wasn't obvious I hope you manage to sort yourself out, no conclusion here is wrong)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have some news

Unexpectedly my egg has cracked like, 90% of the way
Good luck with what the future holds for you Jon! I for one will be here to support you all the way through.

Transitioning can be tough, I know this really well as a non-binary person who has trouble finding the proper clothing and getting people to know the proper pronouns (heck even on this site some people, while in some cases with no bad will and just a lack of context, still refer to me with the wrong pronouns). Basically what I'm trying to say is that It is gonna be a complex but beautiful journey in the end, you'll see It will be worth It.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So my Fire Emblem playthough?

Yeah this game is tough. It's too easy to make a bad move and have enemy units gang up on your own and die.

But um... I'm a Fire Emblem truther now. I genuinelly want to go all in and finish this game, maybe check out some other FE games too. Yeah, I can safely say the hate is corny and I don't get it*

*exceptions to certain games apply

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm three months on estrogen now and my brain is still coming up with ways to convince me I'm cis.

Repression is a hell of a drug.
I'm waiting for my clothes to arrive before I (try to) start the E personally. I wanna pass better

D

Deleted member

Gonna go watch Wonka with an IRL friend I hadn't seen since December 2022.

Hopefully we enjoy the movie, apparently the people close to me who have seen It liked It a lot.

D

Deleted member

What If season 2 was a massive improvement over the first season
And the best part is that the improvements will keep going, at least in regards to the animation getting better.

I've seen stuff about a certain upcoming animated show and let me tell you, It looks very promising from what I saw.

Can't give enough details, but basically imagine the visuals of Dragon Ball FighterZ or Guilty Gear Strive used for a TV show, it looks that amazing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's gotten to the point that if I need to buy something and it's only on Amazon I either avoid buying from Amazon all together and just don't buy the thing I need or see if I can find it in a store just to avoid Amazon's ridiculous shipping and handling cost that bump the price of a whole $10

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's gotten to the point that if I need to buy something and it's only on Amazon I either avoid buying from Amazon all together and just don't buy the thing I need or see if I can find it in a store just to avoid Amazon's ridiculous shipping and handling cost that bump the price of a whole $10
Amazon's lowkey a scam nowadays. Almost everything Amazon mobs you with, you can find at a smaller site for like 20 bucks cheaper.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've found that some products on Amazon are actually cheaper there than they are elsewhere, while others are the same price with or without shipping and others at least have lower shipping, so I guess it just depends on the item.

There's such an insanely high catalogue and variety of items on Amazon that prices there are bound to vary from each other on both on-site prices and their prices from other sites.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
And the best part is that the improvements will keep going, at least in regards to the animation getting better.

I've seen stuff about a certain upcoming animated show and let me tell you, It looks very promising from what I saw.

Can't give enough details, but basically imagine the visuals of Dragon Ball FighterZ or Guilty Gear Strive used for a TV show, it looks that amazing.
that does sound hella appealing

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp, no one has bitten on my shiny Ursalunas yet.

Time to get the version exclusive paradoxes the hard way. Time to mash through a whole lotta dialogue.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fact that Youtube is trying to push back against ad-blockers while at the same time currently playing far more ads for blatant and even verified scams than anything else is an absolute joke.
I hope we get more ads like a piracy site advertising that you could watch Spiderverse on it back when the movie was brand new tjis year with those specific kinds of ads being the most common. Suddenly youtube might get in trouble for it

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Welp I just caught my second Raging Bolt and Gouging Fire but now it's time for me to go to sleep. Honestly not as painful as going back to catch Glastier and Regieleki was back in Sw/Sh.

I'll trade them for Crown and Boulder tomorrow.

Then all I'll be missing for my full living dex is Marshadow, which I almost could of sworn I already had.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If I was in charge of the MonsterVerse. This is my line-up of how the films would go.

1. Godzilla (2014); Antagonist: MUTOs
2. Kong: Skull Island; Antagonist: Ramarok/Skullcrawler
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters; Antagonist: King Ghidorah
4. Godzilla vs. Kong; Antagonist: Mechagodzilla
5. Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire; Antagonist:
Scar King and Shimo
6. Kong: Hollow Earth; Antagonist: Megalon and Original Monster (Secondary antagonists would be Abaddon if he's a bear titan and theropod titan based on Gorosaurus)
7. Godzilla: APEX's Wrath; Antagonist: Biollante and Gigan
8. Godzilla vs. Gamera; Antagonist: None
9. Mothra: Queen of the Monsters; Antagonist: Battra
10. Gamera: Guardian of the Universe; Antagonist: Gyaos and Legion
11. Rodan: Dominion Skies; Antagonist: Megaguirus
12. King Kong; Antagonist: Gaw
13. Godzilla x Kong x Gamera: Monsters Unite; Antagonist: Gaw (This version being a titan Death Jackal)
14. Destroy All Monsters: Part One; Antagonist: Destoroyah and Hedorah
15. Destroy All Monsters: Part Two; Antagonist: Destoroyah

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I… huh. This video is very Arlo.

He walks right up to the concept of the Kinect and doesn’t do it (thank god) but he also doesn’t do the obvious thing of making it also a much more capable VR system and the social elements are all really weird and forced and kind of creepy. And he can’t let go of GameCube on NSO god damn it! This guy! How do you get to Nintendo tv shows and music on NSO before thinking of making it a VR system?

D

Deleted member

Currently at my IRL friend's house in Gran Canaria. His dog was out of her personal space so I took a photo:

Also we both had dinner before going there and after the movie at the local Hot Dog chain I talked about here in the past. Still as great as It used to be:

As for the movie...
From the creator of the Paddington movies comes another Wonderful and soulful tale of theirs for all families.

The music is amazing, Timothy Chamalet is a great Willy Wonka and the cast of characters is overall fitting for such a production. Not as colourful and vibrant as Barbie, but still a really enjoyable time.

Wanna say this: my friend and I laughed a lot with the jokes of the movie. More than we usually do with these kinds of productions. So yeah, the humour is solid too.

And yeah, I left the theater with a big smile, It was overall very wholesome and heart-felt even for being a commercial movie.

Overall: It won't enter my top 5 movies of the year, but this new take on the classic character gets really close with very clever humour, an incredible Cast of characters and amazing musical numbers. An easy must watch from this year.

D

Deleted member

Is it wrong to admit I dunno what an egg being cracked means.
Don't worry, we all learn stuff everyday.

Basically an egg cracking refers to a person who finally discovered their actual gender identity.

For example: the moment my egg cracked was when I discovered this year that I was non-binary and felt comfortable as such.

Shroob

Sup?
Don't worry, we all learn stuff everyday.

Basically an egg cracking refers to a person who finally discovered their actual gender identity.

For example: the moment my egg cracked was when I discovered this year that I was non-binary and felt comfortable as such.
Ah, I see.

The more you know.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is it wrong to admit I dunno what an egg being cracked means.
cracked-egg-and-shell-on-a-white-background-C73PNB.jpg

Here's a visualization fo a cracked egg. Use the yolk and the whites for food related purposes

But seriously it's what Jotade said, I knew of the term "egg" but it took me up until this year to learn what it actually meant so yeah, learning buddies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
He walks right up to the concept of the Kinect and doesn’t do it (thank god) but he also doesn’t do the obvious thing of making it also a much more capable VR system and the social elements are all really weird and forced and kind of creepy. And he can’t let go of GameCube on NSO god damn it! This guy! How do you get to Nintendo tv shows and music on NSO before thinking of making it a VR system?
Tbf Nintendo would absolutely ignore VR (Ignoring my personal thoughts that VR is just a gimmick. If this concept was reality I could absolutely see Nintendo saying something like "we already have vr on switch 2 with the previously released labo kit" or something else of that nature.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom