• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Noipoi Noipoi this miniseries isn’t even finished yet! It just got to the Ian Flynn stuff, there’s still like 100 more issues left for this goober to go through! I’m gonna have to wait months more to get answers to my original question.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can I just say that Mukbang videos are some of the most disgusting things on Youtube?
The worst one was that ine girl who did mukbangs only to be caught eating alive animals on video.

Now granted it was like weird creatures from the sea but it was repulsive to watch with my own eyes, not willingly of course.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
But it was such a ride though, wasn't it?
I mean… kinda? The knuckles stuff was almost incomprehensible and I have a knack for understanding complicated lore. There were so many names… when people complain about Sonic having too many friends they’re complaining about Archie, even if they don’t know they are. And so much of it is just so… it’s not even entertainingly bad it’s just confusing and irritating until Ian Flynn comes in and fixes everything.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Phil Spencer considers Switch users are part of the Xbox community

More classic Rare IP's in any way would be nice.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I didn't think Scooby Doo vs Courage would end in a tie with only Eustace dying! The last time Death had a draw was Deadpool vs Pinkie and that was the Season 3 finale. Not to mention Rick Sanchez from Rick and Morty will be fighting The Doctor from Doctor Who. This is a fight that was teased in Bill Cipher vs Discord. Definitely rooting for The Doctor and I hear he wins.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Phil Spencer considers Switch users are part of the Xbox community

More classic Rare IP's in any way would be nice.
Bro, Phil, Nintendo won't sell to you bro, let it go.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean… kinda? The knuckles stuff was almost incomprehensible and I have a knack for understanding complicated lore. There were so many names… when people complain about Sonic having too many friends they’re complaining about Archie, even if they don’t know they are. And so much of it is just so… it’s not even entertainingly bad it’s just confusing and irritating until Ian Flynn comes in and fixes everything.
I find the insanity endlessly fascinating. I like trying to imagine myself as a child of the 90s with a permanent Archie subscription, trying to keep up with all this nonsense over the years with a growing sense of horror.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bro, Phil, Nintendo won't sell to you bro, let it go.
gotta sleep and mess around with Nintendo and Sega until he wears one of them down (or he goes on to buy another massive 3rd party company just cause)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I find the insanity endlessly fascinating. I like trying to imagine myself as a child of the 90s with a permanent Archie subscription, trying to keep up with all this nonsense over the years with a growing sense of horror.
You’re talking to the girl who understands Final Crisis, who considers herself something of a FNaF expert, complicated lore/storytelling is usually nothing to me. But Archie Sonic is too much for me and that’s the most irritating thing of all.

When I picture myself as a kid in the 90s trying desperately to keep up with it and understand it and getting all the issues, I see a sad child in a state of denial trying to convince herself that what she’s reading is actually good to prove she hasn’t been wasting her time.

Side note: I actually found some tweets where Penders lists every character he claims he owns, surprisingly, Mammoth Mogul and Mina Mongoose are not on that list, despite neither surviving the super genesis wave. But that does mean that they are free of the Penders event horizon and makes them inherently appealing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You’re talking to the girl who understands Final Crisis, who considers herself something of a FNaF expert, complicated lore/storytelling is usually nothing to me. But Archie Sonic is too much for me and that’s the most irritating thing of all.

When I picture myself as a kid in the 90s trying desperately to keep up with it and understand it and getting all the issues, I see a sad child in a state of denial trying to convince herself that what she’s reading is actually good to prove she hasn’t been wasting her time.

Side note: I actually found some tweets where Penders lists every character he claims he owns, surprisingly, Mammoth Mogul and Mina Mongoose are not on that list, despite neither surviving the super genesis wave. But that does mean that they are free of the Penders event horizon and makes them inherently appealing.
Penders didn’t make them.

I forget who made Mogul, but Mina was created by Karl Bollers I believe. Specifically because he felt like a love triangle would spice up the comic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Marvels better do 3 things
  1. Being out the mutants
  2. Somehow fix up some of the damages of Love & Thunder
  3. Kamala Khan to be placed everywhere cause Embiggen

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I forget who made Mogul, but Mina was created by Karl Bollers I believe. Specifically because he felt like a love triangle would spice up the comic.
I had thought he claimed every character that debuted during the time he was head writer. Specially since Ian Flynn really created Scorge. Penders only created “evil Sonic”

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0725.jpeg

these studios ain’t smart

when you got 2 Spidey actors calling it out, you know there’s an issue that they refuse to realize

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
As much as I adore Deltarune

These 2+ year dev cycles between chapters is rough, man.

This game's supposed to have 7 chapters, and 4 years later, going on 5, we're still only on chapter 2.

Like, yay, we're apparently getting Chapter 3 and 4 together, but then the final 3 chapters will come out, honestly at the current rate by the late 2020's, which is scary to think about.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had thought he claimed every character that debuted during the time he was head writer. Specially since Ian Flynn really created Scorge. Penders only created “evil Sonic”
Yeah but Scourge is a mutated Evil Sonic, the origin is still Penders, and that's enough of a legal sticky wicket that they just let Ken have him.

This game's supposed to have 7 chapters, and 4 years later, going on 5, we're still only on chapter 2.

Like, yay, we're apparently getting Chapter 3 and 4 together, but then the final 3 chapters will come out, honestly at the current rate by the late 2020's, which is scary to think about.
I'll be playing chapter 7 at the same time as my grandkids :239:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I am not interested in Sonic comics and I do not know who or what a Mina is but Karl Bollers is now my enemy

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Indie game developers be like that

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the casual disrespect to Leo and Mikey tho
and the unintended camera angle set for Korra tho

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
the casual disrespect to Leo and Mikey tho
and the unintended camera angle set for Korra tho
I may not be all in on this game I do gotta say they really did put in the time for these animations. Like Jimmy's losing Pose and Ralph having the
Cowabunga%21.gif

That said, the sound design is still wet farts.

And they probably should have positioned the camera to show Korra's face in her victory pose

dezeray112

Smash Hero
ok I was not expecting Valkyrie to be in this movie
Will say that this is "The Marvels" best trailer yet.

I cannot say how the film will be received (as social media embargo ends tonight) and it is a shame none of their stars can promote or market the film due to the ongoing circumstances of the SAG-AFTRA strike as it really needs it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but Scourge is a mutated Evil Sonic, the origin is still Penders, and that's enough of a legal sticky wicket that they just let Ken have him.

I'll be playing chapter 7 at the same time as my grandkids :239:
The man thinks he owns green knuckles. I don’t think he understands copyright.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Some more Undertaley Goddness:
1699378169044.jpeg

Originally just called overtale i changed the name cause overtale already exists this is Overtale: Angeltrio
And its about the Adventures and stories of the Angel trio: (Pacifist: Frisk and Flowey aswell as genocide Chara!)
Frisk is the nice one!
Flowey is sarcastic, depressed and bored!
And Chara would murder everyone without sanses patented Boney "Karma Collar" (also is bribed to act nice via chocolate!)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably not.

Doesn't matter much anyways, we’re never seeing any of those goobers again. All because of a BioWare DS game.
Honestly I just want a competent copyright lawyer to sit him down and give him a talking to. Like, the only stuff from Archie I would want back is stuff he didn’t create, and BioWare created fine enough substitutes for the ideas he claims he owns. And they don’t violate his copyright because they aren’t his characters. Ask legaleagle or any other copyright familiar lawyer, you can’t copyright an idea, only the specific execution. The only reason SEGA humors him is because they’ed rather not have a lawsuit at all than actually put in the effort to put him in his place. I, personally however, want to see this clown legally clowned back on. And so help me if I ever get in the position to do so.

StormC

Smash Hero

Toby Fox is busy with more important things (playing Smash with Sakurai)

Noipoi

Howdy!
The only reason SEGA humors him is because they’ed rather not have a lawsuit at all than actually put in the effort to put him in his place.
That and they didn’t care enough about 50 boring echidnas + 1 Skunk try and fight for them.
Toby Fox is busy with more important things (playing Smash with Sakurai)
To be fair that is very important

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That and they didn’t care enough about 50 boring echidnas + 1 Skunk try and fight for them.

To be fair that is very important
I don’t want them to fight him to get his characters. I just want them to have proven that BioWare’s characters aren’t infringing on the copyright he thinks he has.

And yeah, if I had the opportunity to play smash with Sakurai I’d take it as often as possible no matter how often I lost.

Top Bottom