• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still maintain that the best idea for one of those Scooby Doo dvd movies they keep making is a crossover with The Real Ghostbusters cartoon from the 80s. Scooby-Doo and Ghostbusters are very compatible brands, the cast of the 80s cartoon is still alive (for the most part), it’s marketing gold! Get Dan Schoening to write it (he’s the guy who wrote the amazing ghostbusters IDW comics) and you’ll have an amazing movie that combines both franchises in a fun way, I guarantee it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still maintain that the best idea for one of those Scooby Doo dvd movies they keep making is a crossover with The Real Ghostbusters cartoon from the 80s. Scooby-Doo and Ghostbusters are very compatible brands, the cast of the 80s cartoon is still alive (for the most part), it’s marketing gold! Get Dan Schoening to write it (he’s the guy who wrote the amazing ghostbusters IDW comics) and you’ll have an amazing movie that combines both franchises in a fun way, I guarantee it.
This honestly isn’t that impossible. If scooby can cross over with Courage all these years later, ghostbusters is popular enough to work. One problem is that modern scooby flip flops on whether or not they want ghosts and monsters to actually exist in the franchise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, first Mario is with Illumonation and now Zelda is being produced by the Morbius guy.

Nintendo can never just announce a movie without freaking us out:239:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
am i the only one who wants Captian Rainbow 2?
Nintendo has so many dead IP which they could use for that game which bring alot of potential to make captain rainbow grow as a series

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This honestly isn’t that impossible. If scooby can cross over with Courage all these years later, ghostbusters is popular enough to work. One problem is that modern scooby flip flops on whether or not they want ghosts and monsters to actually exist in the franchise.
I mean, they allowed them to be real in the scooby crossover because they were real in Scooby.

Plus I like the idea for the plot being that the other members of Mystery Inc all hit it off with the Ghostbusters, but Velma can’t get over that they’re “obvious charlatans and fakes” and teams up with Walter Peck to “expose” them and the two of them end accidentally unleashing some real big monster.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hard disagree on Skull Island not having a good script. Everything else about the movie was still fantastic, though.

Also, the first Jurassic World was an entirely good film with a good script, imo.
Full agree here, skull island had a solid script, good visuals and solid acting. First Jurassic world also made huge amounts of money. Those scripts are kinda by the numbers by they aren’t terrible, minus the last one being rough. There’s still a good amount of things to like from them though.

Also detective pikachu had a perfectly fine script. It followed the game relatively closely, and the game is fine on its own. The actors all committed to that movie, which makes it shine more. On top of Great world design And building.

I think with right management, they could take the best of all these films and apply it to this movie.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My cast predictions:

Tom Holland Link. Not even joking, this is Sony pictures, they put him in uncharted for money. They Will do the same here.

Kathryn Newton or Kierian Shipka as zelda

Jason Mamoa or Dave Bautista Ganondorf

Bill Hader or Bill Skarsgard Tingle

Pete Davidson as Navi

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Is the producer even as much of an issue compared to writers and directors?

The producer is mostly in charge of selecting and bringing on people, crews and supplies for the film, as well as making sure everything is going smoothly. They have little to no bearing on the actual writing and direction of the film outside of that (unless the producer also happens to be the director and/or have other jobs for the film, but that's not the case here). Producer for Morbius or not, the biggest concerns now that the director is confirmed will be writers and actors.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Man, first Mario is with Illumonation and now Zelda is being produced by the Morbius guy.

Nintendo can never just announce a movie without freaking us out:239:
Mario and adjacent series are at Universal, and TLoZ is at Sony Pictures, and both have people that had a questionable filmography.

Coming Soon...

Warner Brothers Pictures presents...

A film by Seltzer and Friedberg

EarthBound
(Any other franchise can go with.)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
one of these days Nintendo will announce stuff normally instead of out of the ****ing blue

KillerCage

Smash Master

YO! THIS TRACK IS ON ******* FIRE!!!!

BEST DEATH BATTLE THIS SEASON!!!!
Definitely within the top 2 for mine though it doesn't quite beat Billcord.

Also Forever Terror Night is a decent backing track, but it can't stand on its own experience.
Fireborn, Jailhouse Rocket, God Hand, Discordant Decipher, [InHuman], Final Formers, and Who Wears The Crown are all better in my opinion.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
They apparently got a writer and their relevant credits are uh

The Jurassic World trilogy
Kong Skull Island
Detective Pikachu

yeah this script is gonna be ass
I'm willing to defend Kong: Skull Island and the first Jurassic World as they're both great films.
Detective Pikachu is not as good, but it's worth defending as well.
There is no saving Fallen Kingdom and Dominion though.
Tom Holland Link. Not even joking, this is Sony pictures, they put him in uncharted for money. They Will do the same here.
Honestly I don't think Tom Holland would be a bad fit for Link as the Hero of (insert word here) does in age.
He was still miscast as Nathan Drake though.

Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom