• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
…. I can see ideas that could be reused if the stripped most of the meat off the skeleton (like naugus being the villain after Eggman) but… so much of it smells like skunk…. And echidna.
Legit, the majority of characters that suit your purposes are post-genesis wave. And the videos haven’t gotten to that point yet, so…

Just enjoy the Archie ride. This is 15 years of history you’re witnessing, that’s wild!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Legit, the majority of characters that suit your purposes are post-genesis wave. And the videos haven’t gotten to that point yet, so…

Just enjoy the Archie ride. This is 15 years of history you’re witnessing, that’s wild!
Yeah fair. It’s just so much of the negative stereotypes associated with both comic books and Sonic the hedgehog are in this video and it’s irritating.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 380291
I wonder how this ends up
So I read the article on this, and from what I see it's for writing and dialouge purposes, primarily for dynamic storytelling. Now that sounds cool in a vaccuum but there are ethical and logical issues that come with AI; It can be a very good thing for independent developers if they were to train the AI on their own writing and dialouge so that they don't have to do a tedious action given they don't got the time or budget. But the downside is that 99% if the time that isn't the case and big corps will use it to replace writers. Especially since that it also said to be able to do voices as well and that's where alarms will be rung.
Then there's the logistics in that if it can go dynamic then the question is how far can the AI go and it can be a nightmare if you don't check every little thing or contain it properly.

Imo, AI is good when it's used as a tool to supplement people. And that's what they want to advertise it as but lets be real, we all kmow what's gonna happen.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sometimes it feels like if you didn't establish a friend group in middle school you're just screwed :217:
If it makes you feel any better, you'd probably only talk to like 2 out of your entire middle school friend group in adulthood. I had a large one in middle school and I only talk to like 5 now, three of which I met in elementary (including my best friend).

Assuming you're struggling to make friends, go join a group at your college, and stay there as long as you can (especially early on). IK this is the cheesiest generic advice but staying at home is gonna make the issue even worse as you spiral into deeper isolation, and then depression, like me. And you don't want to end up like me, who realized his life is all over and wasted at the elderly age of twenty one years old (seriously you don't want to feel like that, it's not fun crawling out of that doomer mentality).

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Sometimes it feels like if you didn't establish a friend group in middle school you're just screwed :217:
You just gotta keep trying. I've been lonely and bored in my hometown for four years now ever since my high school friends left for college and then stayed moved out, but just this past summer I joined up with a pretty good friend group regularly because of one mutual friend. People around you also want friends, so if you keep looking, someone will have you.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You just gotta keep trying. I've been lonely and bored in my hometown for four years now ever since my high school friends left for college and then stayed moved out, but just this past summer I joined up with a pretty good friend group regularly because of one mutual friend. People around you also want friends, so if you keep looking, someone will have you.
In addition, focus on your own mentality too. Working and school is fine and all but make you make room for yourself so you can do the things you enjoy. Like I said a some days ago, I'm leaving my theater job because turns out, I did not like having to work from 5PM-1:30AM every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with a schedule that has 0 set hours and a work week that isn't posted until the day before (so planning ahead was impossible). I got a new one and slashed the theater hours and suddenly I'm significantly happier.

In other words, they don't care for you, prioritize your own psyche. Noipoi Noipoi

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Somehow forgot NASB2 drops later tonight

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Noipoi Noipoi Almost to the end of part 2. This is all so strange. Strange that Mammoth Mogul (a character I have heard praise for before remember) has only been brought up once in passing, but he said we'd get to him later. Also we're really far into this series of videos and we've only gotten to SA2? That's... things are gonna get bugnuts in the last couple parts aren't they?

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Dumb question: If a non-gaming franchises had 3D platformers (like SpongeBob, Simpsons or Ed, Edd n Eddy), do their characters are considered Scrimblo Bimblo?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like shaking my fist into the air and shouting PENDERS!

Wait... this video title says "Featuring Ken Penders"... did this man actually TALK to that lunatic!?!
Alright, in all fairness, it’s not like he’s some psycho murderer. He’s just a guy who had some very bad ideas in regards to a particular game franchise. I’m game to dunk on Penders all day long, but I feel like some people start to compare him to someone like the Unabomber or something. Which just isn’t the case.

All that said…watch the video :nifty:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright, in all fairness, it’s not like he’s some psycho murderer. He’s just a guy who had some very bad ideas in regards to a particular game franchise. I’m game to dunk on Penders all day long, but I feel like some people start to compare him to someone like the Unabomber or something. Which just isn’t the case.

All that said…watch the video :nifty:
Already 11 minutes into it.

And honestly my main gripe with Penders is that he won a lawsuit that he shouldn't have purely because Archie didn't want to bother SEGA. And now a bunch of concepts that should be fair game are not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Can I just say that Mukbang videos are some of the most disgusting things on Youtube?
Is that the thing where people just record and post videos of themselves eating food?

I remember seeing a story about that on the news once and I'm fairly certain that was the term they used for it.

Shroob

Sup?
Is that the thing where people just record and post videos of themselves eating food?

I remember seeing a story about that on the news once and I'm fairly certain that was the term they used for it.
Ya

Like, I know there are people who are into that kinda stuff coughDeviantartSonicfansCOUGH

But like, there ain't anything other than gross about seeing someone gorge themselves on food.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This weeks Rick and morty was actually insane. It went from a Ridiculous parody of soilent green, that then turns into a powerful commentary on the highs and lows of life.

Which insane when you think of some of the lows the show has gone too:

Top Bottom