• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ultimate universe was real odd with the Peter/MJ romance. Had the lad go from single to MJ to single for a bit then back with MJ followed by a breakup cause she was locking lips with Harry while thirsting for Peter to Kitty then back to MJ who then broke up with him for no reason then he got with Gwen where he then ends right back up to MJ then dies then lives again and gets back with MJ and then entire universe dies and resurrects and he’s with MJ again

yet this comic series is still so ****ing awesome…how did the rest of the Ultimate universe not be good without Spidey involved?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't tend to get involved with the Sonic Archie stuff because it's long, convoluted, and involved Ken Penders. But are there any characters and stories, not affected by the Penders gravitational well) that were created for the Archie stuff that would be worth saving?
Look to the reboot.

There you will find your answers.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've been reading the idw sonic comics from the start, but they obviously don't use any of the archie exclusive characters or stories.
Not that reboot, goofy :217:

The Archie reboot, after Penders had them nuke the old continuity, but before Sega called it quits and switched to IDW. It's got a whole bunch of short-lived, really interesting characters who were all created without a lick of Penders. Like Thunderbolt the Chinchilla.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not that reboot, goofy :217:

The Archie reboot, after Penders had them nuke the old continuity, but before Sega called it quits and switched to IDW. It's got a whole bunch of short-lived, really interesting characters who were all created without a lick of Penders. Like Thunderbolt the Chinchilla.
Oh. I knew about the Super-Genesis wave. The thing that made me ask the question was the fact that I hear a lot of praise for the character Mammoth Mogul but he apparently was never in any post super-genesis stories so I figured I'd posit the question.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hear a lot of praise for the character Mammoth Mogul
cain why.png

From who?

Mogul is the epitome of a jobber. He shows up, wastes ten pages on verbosely expositing on how all-knowing and all-powerful he is, before getting his ass kicked by the Chaotix. Or getting stuck inside the Master Emerald. Or being vacuumed into a beefcake version of Tails' butt. The coolest thing he ever does is deciding to give up, after realizing (in an almost meta sense) that Sonic will always find a way to win, so he'll just use his immortality to wait until the hedgehog kicks the bucket. And then try to take over the world.

I'll admit that once Ian Flynn starts writing for the comic he actually does some interesting stuff, but for the most part I remember Mogul as being an overconfident blowhard who's all bark and no bite.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 380251

From who?

Mogul is the epitome of a jobber. He shows up, wastes ten pages on verbosely expositing on how all-knowing and all-powerful he is, before getting his ass kicked by the Chaotix. Or getting stuck inside the Master Emerald. Or being vacuumed into a beefcake version of Tails' butt. The coolest thing he ever does is deciding to give up, after realizing (in an almost meta sense) that Sonic will always find a way to win, so he'll just use his immortality to wait until the hedgehog kicks the bucket. And then try to take over the world.

I'll admit that once Ian Flynn starts writing for the comic he actually does some interesting stuff, but for the most part I remember Mogul as being an overconfident blowhard who's all bark and no bite.
At least one user on these boards and a list of top 10 Archie ocs.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh. I knew about the Super-Genesis wave. The thing that made me ask the question was the fact that I hear a lot of praise for the character Mammoth Mogul but he apparently was never in any post super-genesis stories so I figured I'd posit the question.
I like Scourge and i wish he survived the genesis wave.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sora won't be back in base game, but he'll 100% be back as dlc.
Wouldn't surprise me if he was base game, they'd probably make a strong push for him.

But he'll be DLC solely because he'd sell a gazillion-trillion and DLC is more profitable than the base game.

Or he is base game and then they throw in Riku as DLC and make the gazillion-trillion regardless.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
hey dudes!

I’ve been at my Grandma’s again this weekend, I’ll probably resume my drawings tomorrow.

also, here’s the next supporting artwork for Project Voltage, made for Meiko’s 19th anniversary. Unlike the others so far, there’s no new design, so it’s just her and Miku in their original outfits, plus a few Pokémon:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Wouldn't surprise me if he was base game, they'd probably make a strong push for him.

But he'll be DLC solely because he'd sell a gazillion-trillion and DLC is more profitable than the base game.

Or he is base game and then they throw in Riku as DLC and make the gazillion-trillion regardless.
Broke: Riku
Woke: King Mickey

osby

Smash Obsessed
hey dudes!

I’ve been at my Grandma’s again this weekend, I’ll probably resume my drawings tomorrow.

also, here’s the next supporting artwork for Project Voltage, made for Meiko’s 19th anniversary. Unlike the others so far, there’s no new design, so it’s just her and Miku in their original outfits, plus a few Pokémon:
Jynx and Oricorio? Based.

Also, now I'm hoping they do this with the rest of the Crypton vocaloids.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I am extremely opposed to having non videogame characters in Smash and particularly those owned by Disney, a company I despise beyond words. Sora's cool though.

If I had to pick a non-video game character though, Luffy would be my pick. And I can justify it beyond my unhealthy obsession with One Piece

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If I had to pick a non-video game character though, Luffy would be my pick. And I can justify it beyond my unhealthy obsession with One Piece
I've had a few dreams where Luffy was announced for Smash and everyone was just collectively cool with it. Like no one really brought up he's not from a video game outside of being trivia on the wiki.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've had a few dreams where Luffy was announced for Smash and everyone was just collectively cool with it. Like no one really brought up he's not from a video game outside of being trivia on the wiki.
I still remember the dream I had pre-Byleth post-Terry where I saw a blue haired anime girl get revealed for smash. Me posting about the dream is documented on this very sight! But I’m far from an oracle because the other character I dreamt about getting into smash was Ryu Hayabusa.

And also Khalil from Veggietales. I once dreamt he was in smash too.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still remember the dream I had pre-Byleth post-Terry where I saw a blue haired anime girl get revealed for smash. Me posting about the dream is documented on this very sight! But I’m far from an oracle because the other character I dreamt about getting into smash was Ryu Hayabusa.

And also Khalil from Veggietales. I once dreamt he was in smash too.
1699253823215.png

I'm gonna need more details on this.

Also, how does everyone keep having dreams about Smash reveals, the only dreams I have about video games are like... Tetris.

StormC

Smash Hero
I've had Smash dreams but it's hard to recall the specifics. I definitely dreamed about K. Rool and Banjo once or twice but I can't really be sure of the details.

I also had a dream Hunter Biden got into Smash, but that was part of a fever dream I had while sick so I think I got a mulligan on that one.

Top Bottom