• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Mario Wonder should get DLC with Rosalina, Pauline, Birdo, and new levels/bosses.

Sonic Superstars should get DLC with Mighty, Ray, the Classic Chaotix, and new levels where you fight Bean and Bark as bosses.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After years of watching gameplay videos of it and wanting to play the game for myself, I finally played the original Yoshi's Island last night via the Nintendo Switch Online.

I'm not very good at it lmao

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Got something to say?
Highly unlikely, unless the Country series just up and dies one day.
Ignore the fact that it's dead right now
It would be fun as a crossover if they did the whole "crossing over with other nintendo series"
Daisy proves that it's possible, at least eventually.
Arguably both have the same problem as DK and Diddy
I'm in denial about Waluigi. I'm always gonna count him as a Wario character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Got something to say?
live monkey reaction.jpg

I simply find your dedication to getting these one-off spin-off characters from 30 years ago in a mainline title to be somewhere between admirable and baffling.
I'm in denial about Waluigi. I'm always gonna count him as a Wario character.
But he's never appeared in any Wario game.

You're just-

You're just wrong :drshrug:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 380204

I simply find your dedication to getting these one-off spin-off characters from 30 years ago in a mainline title to be somewhere between admirable and baffling.
I'll take admaffiling for the win Alex!

They're cool and they were main characters in that game. Imo it's like if Daisy had never made the jump to the spinoffs but there was still a dedicated Daisy fandom.

You're just-

But he's so intrinsically linked to Wario that it feels stupid not to group them together. They're a duo, they should belong to the same series damnit!

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
View attachment 380204

You're just-

Is that on record, Noi? You're saying that a character who has ties to another character in some games don't just become members of a sub-franchise by proxy to that very association?

cough Thanks, I'll keep that in mind :yoshi:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the topic of Birdo, seeing how common Shy Guys are as enemies in Yoshi's Island (they seem to be the game's own equivalent of Goombas at this rate), it got me thinking. What if Super Mario Bros. 2 never happened? Or, at least, what if we never got the one that was an edited Doki Doki Panic.

None of the characters and enemies that remained in SMB2 were made for the Mario series. Imagine how different the series would be, from the mainline games to the RPG, Sports, Party and other platformer spin-offs if it never had be Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, Pokeys, or Birdo herself.

Noipoi

Howdy!
On the topic of Birdo, seeing how common Shy Guys are as enemies in Yoshi's Island (they seem to be the game's own equivalent of Goombas at this rate), it got me thinking. What if Super Mario Bros. 2 never happened? Or, at least, what if we never got the one that was an edited Doki Doki Panic.

None of the characters and enemies that remained in SMB2 were made for the Mario series. Imagine how different the series would be, from the mainline games to the RPG, Sports, Party and other platformer spin-offs if it never had be Bob-ombs, Shy Guys, Pokeys, or Birdo herself.
The Mario franchise as we know it would be too fundamentally different, I couldn't really tell you what it'd look like.

For as much as a fluke that SMB2 USA was, it's had a profound impact on the rest of the series.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. I embraced the goofiness and I got a few more pairings done. Now I just need Nickelodeon shows to combine with Gumball, Flapjack, and Steven Universe.

And I still need a combo for Scooby-Doo that pre-dates Nickelodeon

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The Mario franchise as we know it would be too fundamentally different, I couldn't really tell you what it'd look like.

For as much as a fluke that SMB2 USA was, it's had a profound impact on the rest of the series.
And yet Wart, Mouser, Tryclyde, and Fryguy fail to make future appearances. And Ostros and Phantos and Pidgits and Porcupos and Beezos and Albatosses and....

Noipoi

Howdy!
And yet Wart, Mouser, Tryclyde, and Fryguy fail to make future appearances. And Ostros and Phantos and Pidgits and Porcupos and Beezos and Albatosses and....
Well I didn't say every Mario 2 character became a mainstay:nifty:

But stuff like Shy-Guys, Bob-ombs, Pokeys, and even Birdo are so ingrained in the franchise that a Mario series without them would be wildly different.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wart is in Link's Awakening.
Phantos appear in Super Mario Maker 2.
Pidgits appear in Super Mario World.
Porcupos appear in Super Mario Advance 4.
Beezos appear in SMRPG.
A king is turned into an Albatoss in remakes of SMB3.
🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓 🤓

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

cracks knuckles

Yoshi wasn't a baby in Super Mario World. It is explicitly stated that he was trapped in an egg and we even see what Baby Yoshis look like in that game. The whole baby thing comes from the DiC cartoon which comes off as them merely glancing at the original game and making assumptions, and even then that episode was told from an unreliable narrator. And speaking of which, there's no way to assume that's gonna be the case the next Mario Movie aside from seeing a small egg in Bowser's Castle earlier. I don't buy that, the egg seemed larger in the end credits.

Yoshi can speak English. I shouldn't have to say that, but here we are. This isn't a matter of being physically incapable of human speech like Chewbacca or the roaches in District 9, nor the words capable being one syllable and thus believable like Coco from Foster's Home. The best you can explain is that it's a native language, not a physical limitation. It's even said as much in SMRPG. If Birdo can speak despite having a goddamn sousaphone for a mouth, so much so that they gave her voiced lines in a GBA game of all things, why not Yoshi?
:yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Only the very best ones.

I will accept Drake & Josh or Ned's Declassified. Don't come at me with some Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn bull****.
Alright. Here's my list of amalgam shows currently then.
  • Rugrats + Codename: Kids Next Door
  • The Ren & Stimpy Show + Cow and Chicken
  • Rocko’s Modern Life + Johnny Bravo
  • Aaahh!!! Real Monsters + Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
  • Hey Arnold! + Steven Universe
  • The Angry Beavers + The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
  • CatDog + Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • The Wild Thornberrys + The Secret Saturdays
  • SpongeBob SquarePants + Chowder
  • The Fairly OddParents + The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy
  • Invader ZIM + Evil Con Carne
  • ChalkZone + Adventure Time
  • The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius + Dexter’s Laboratory
  • My Life as a Teenage Robot + The Powerpuff Girls
  • Danny Phantom + Ben 10
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender + Samurai Jack
  • El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera + Generator Rex
  • Tak and the Power of Juju + Craig of the Creek
  • Back at the Barnyard + We Bare Bears
  • The Mighty B! + Camp Lazlo
  • T.U.F.F. Puppy + I Am Weasel
  • The Loud House + Ed, Edd n’ Eddy
  • Glitch Techs + OK K.O! Let’s Be Heroes
  • Middlemost Post + Uncle Grandpa
  • Drake & Josh + Regular Show
  • iCarly + Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi
  • Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide + The Amazing World of Gumball

• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles + Power Rangers
  • Garfield + Heathcliff

• ThunderCats + He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
  • Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! + The Real Ghostbusters
Some of them feel like weird pairings even to me, but hey, thats where the people making it can use their

But if you think you have any feedback let me know.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0686.jpeg

somehow still accurate to Spider-Man comics after all these years

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I've read every chapter of Chainsaw Man so far and somehow I don't actually underatand it. Maybe I read through it too fast or the pacing is just super fast but man do I get lost with the plot so easily.

Good manga though

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I've read every chapter of Chainsaw Man so far and somehow I don't actually underatand it. Maybe I read through it too fast or the pacing is just super fast but man do I get lost with the plot so easily.

Good manga though
Chainsaw Man feels like it's one of those mangas that benefits from a weekly release schedule because while it's easy to binge, you need some time to digest all the wtf moments.

Then again, some parts really feel intentionally confusing lmao

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
L

Good manga though
It's totally the breakneck pacing, I read it again when I got my physical collection of part 1 to just slow down and admire it and wow, there's some real beauty in it when you do so cause it makes you admire the paneling and little visual gags more

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I found Chainsaw Man part 1 to be perfectly coherent aside from the Darkness Devil stuff which was probably intentionally confusing.

Part 2 however lost me with the whole cult plotline, if you put a gun to my head and asked me what's going on in the manga right now I would not be able to tell you

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I work an overnight shift and instead of letting everyone off an hour early for daylight savings, management made everyone stay for a full 9 hour shift for no reason.

I love this country.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I work an overnight shift and instead of letting everyone off an hour early for daylight savings, management made everyone stay for a full 9 hour shift for no reason.

I love this country.
This kind of stuff is why I'm leaving my theater job soon. Like I do not care enough for y'all to work a 10+ hour shift.

Also because I got another one that actually uses my skills this time but I was in hell for months

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
What story arc did Bendis choke a man over?
The one where the teenage Ultimate Peter and Wolverine had their minds swapped. Logan tried to **** MJ and do his other Ultimate Wolverineisms while Peter kept trying not to stab and cut off pieces of himself.

Ultimate Wolverine was really horny for teenage redheads during this time, which is why Jean got tired of it and tried to switch his body with someone they didn’t know instead of accidentally Spidey (also Logan was into teens, especially Jean, in general (even worse when he watched Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver do the deed together…despite being their father…until he died in Ultimatum). Outside of everything about Spider-Man, the og Ultimate universe did no go well during its time, and only aged even worse than to be expected

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The one where the teenage Ultimate Peter and Wolverine had their minds swapped. Logan tried to **** MJ and do his other Ultimate Wolverineisms while Peter kept trying not to stab and cut off pieces of himself.

Ultimate Wolverine was really horny for teenage redheads during this time, which is why Jean got tired of it and tried to switch his body with someone they didn’t know instead of accidentally Spidey (also Logan was into teens, especially Jean, in general (even worse when he watched Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver do the deed together…despite being their father…until he died in Ultimatum). Outside of everything about Spider-Man, the og Ultimate universe did no go well during its time, and only aged even worse than to be expected
They adapted this story arc for the DISNEY CHANNEL CARTOON

Top Bottom