• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yesterday I was in a Sega owned amusement park and they had a ride/rhythm game and they played Live and Learn

I sang along very loudly, it was probably the loudest sound I made in my life and I lost my voice for a bit afterward but it was worth it cause no other song gets me hyped like Live and Learn

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg

some conditions released now that the writers strike ends tonight

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 378394View attachment 378395View attachment 378396
Honestly kind of shocked that they managed to do it

Now hopefully they'll settle everything with the actors soon enough

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Owl House is good so far. In the middle of season 2. Been getting a healthy amount of gay. Really hate the emperor.

Also not really on board with Lilith’s redemption arc. Maybe if I watched the show as it aired instead of binging it my opinion on her would be different but idk, she was such a ***** in season 1. Not really a fan of her trying to turn a new leaf or acting like she wasn’t a horrible person for a long time just cause she feels bad about it now.

Hopefully the actors can be squared away soon so union actors can work again and I can watch new episodes of last week tonight again.

Still think AI should be illegal but this is a step in the right direction.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Owl House is good so far. In the middle of season 2. Been getting a healthy amount of gay. Really hate the emperor.

Also not really on board with Lilith’s redemption arc. Maybe if I watched the show as it aired instead of binging it my opinion on her would be different but idk, she was such a ***** in season 1. Not really a fan of her trying to turn a new leaf or acting like she wasn’t a horrible person for a long time just cause she feels bad about it now.
Oh hey, you just reminded me about Lilith!

See I've cursed myself cuz I learned Lilith is voiced by Cissy Jones, and now all I can hear when she talks is Ami from Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

But that's the thing, she always felt bad about it. Not necessarily acting like a higher person who followed the law and Coven system, (after all she spent most of her life believing following the Emperor was the right thing to do).

But cursing her sister? She literally dedicated her life and entire job in the Emperor's Coven to trying to find a cure for Eda to make up for it. She felt awful the moment she saw it's effect, at which point she realized the curse was far worse than she originally thought it actually was.

She made other mistakes, sure. But I honestly felt her redemption was well done. She's constantly trying to make up for her mistakes, grows to genuinely care about Luz and King following the season 1 finale, and some of Eda's lines in the early part of season 2 indicate that while she still cares about her sister, she's also only gradually working on forgiving her, or at least is willing to make some snark about how she cursed her. Lilith has a lot to make up for, but she puts in as much work as possible to try and make up for it.

Here's hoping it actually, truly makes a difference. The effects are strikes don't always last or quite reach the goals they were going for, especially when large corporations are involved.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Workers rights are great don't get me wrong

But a huge part of me is also happy that the strike is over because it means One Piece season 2 can start pre production

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly kind of shocked that they managed to do it

Now hopefully they'll settle everything with the actors soon enough
them CEOs realizing hella late they they have to pay people their deserved payments is funny, sad, and fortunate all at once. Hopefully all settlements can last a long while
But that's the thing, she always felt bad about it. Not necessarily acting like a higher person who followed the law and Coven system, (after all she spent most of her life believing following the Emperor was the right thing to do).

But cursing her sister? She literally dedicated her life and entire job in the Emperor's Coven to trying to find a cure for Eda to make up for it. She felt awful the moment she saw it's effect, at which point she realized the curse was far worse than she originally thought it actually was.

She made other mistakes, sure. But I honestly felt her redemption was well done. She's constantly trying to make up for her mistakes, grows to genuinely care about Luz and King following the season 1 finale, and some of Eda's lines in the early part of season 2 indicate that while she still cares about her sister, she's also only gradually working on forgiving her, or at least is willing to make some snark about how she cursed her. Lilith has a lot to make up for, but she puts in as much work as possible to try and make up for it.

Here's hoping it actually, truly makes a difference. The effects are strikes don't always last or quite reach the goals they were going for, especially when large corporations are involved.
if things were to break down, Disney would probably start it tbh
Not AI being illegal, I was gonna AI generate this entire site. Thanks WGA...
you’ll get your ZendayaBoards and MarieBoards next time

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Workers rights are great don't get me wrong

But a huge part of me is also happy that the strike is over because it means One Piece season 2 can start pre production
I'm happy about it because it means production on Stranger Things 's 5th and final season can continue.

I'll have a Large Melted Face with missing fingers flavored.

Would you like some flesh-seasoned fries and blood ketchup with that?

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Idk. Maybe if we had seen more hints of that in season 1 instead of her just acting like a cocky ***** until the finale.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Say, has anyone ever thought of the universe working like this? The universe working as a series of minds of living beings with those minds being formed spontaneously from a void, rather than the universe coming into being as how cosmologists think it did, with the minds all forming the reality that is the observable universe. Kind of like the Matrix from, well, The Matrix.

It is all kinda based on this.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Hey Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , I finished Gamera: Rebirth. I thought it was a really good mini series.
I only have two major complaints.

First issue is the animation; I don't want to call it "ugly", but the weird CGI animation was a constant distraction during my viewing.
Second issue is the intro animation; IT'S LAZY! It's was reusing scenes throughout the show with no original footage. No other anime I've seen has this issue.

Aside from those two issues, practically everything else was rock solid. The characters were well written especially the kids which caught me off guard a few times. The real highlights of the show were the Gamera fights with my favorite being in the fourth episode "Kill" because HOLY $#!+ Guiron was awesome!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , I finished Gamera: Rebirth. I thought it was a really good mini series.
I only have two major complaints.

First issue is the animation; I don't want to call it "ugly", but the weird CGI animation was a constant distraction during my viewing.
Second issue is the intro animation; IT'S LAZY! It's was reusing scenes throughout the show with no original footage. No other anime I've seen has this issue.

Aside from those two issues, practically everything else was rock solid. The characters were well written especially the kids which caught me off guard a few times. The real highlights of the show were the Gamera fights with my favorite being in the fourth episode "Kill" because HOLY $#!+ Guiron was awesome!
Aye, glad you liked it man.

I do agree on the animation. Honestly do wish they would had done the 2D animation they'd done on flashbacks/dream sequences.

No doubt when Gamera was on screen, those were the best moments in the show.

KillerCage

Smash Master

Want to hear controversial?

The Owl House has no good redemption arcs because there are no redemption arcs in the show. Everyone who was "redeemed" were inherently good to begin with; they just needed to shown the light/Luz and ask if they are happy with who they are now. This is the case for Willow, Amity, Lilith, and a few I can't say since that would spoil seasons 2 & 3. I do admit the lack of redemption arcs in The Owl House does throw me off. This is one of the many reasons I prefer Amphibia.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anybody realize that Nicktoons have a very small pool of good fathers? The live action side of Nickelodeon have a larger amount of good fathers, but not the Nicktoons
I’m not even counting Splinter in this scenario since that’s way too easy

Top Bottom