• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Got to Mushroom World(World 10) in Mario 3D World, did a level and the Challenge level. It's weird to not worry about stamps, but I did still keep up the 100% run so far!

"Choose from familiar characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi and Toad."

So yeah, to any of those naysayers who are used to the "Yoshi as an item" saying otherwise

Peak. I'll mostly play Yoshi and Daisy I think.

Since we saw that 4 people could play Yoshi, will this apply to everyone else?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yoshi is his own playable character, but other players can still hop onto him for a ride.

Makes you wonder if there are any other team moves...
Idk if these count, but in 3D World I think getting carried by Toad, Luigi, and Peach meant that you were able to move faster, jump higher, and gain access to the float respectively, and I'd imagine it'd be similar here. There was also the screen nuke ground pound in NSMBWii and U that nobody was cordinated enough to pull off.

Last edited:

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Off of work, finally got to watch the full Direct:

SMBW is looking great! I don't hate the NSMB series, they are legit good games, but nearly two decades of the same art style/music with little innovation got grating. This seems like a game to hard avoid leaks for as I think a lot of the fun will be experiencing how they plan on messing with players (hopefully not in a Lost Levels type way). It would be nice if each of the characters had their own attributes, but that doesn't seem to be the case so far (that will be SO weird for Yoshi). It sucks that they still won't give us Online Co-Op.

The new Princess Peach game gives me a lot of Paper Mario vibes with the Stage Play setting. I'll need to see more, but it's still really cool to see her get another game. If it turns out to be an RPG, I think I'd be more interested in that than another platforming game.

A decade of Smash discourse salted the earth for me when it comes to Mario RPG, so personally I have zero interest. :salt:

Pokemon news was unexpected as I would have thought we'd see a solo Direct at the end of the Summer for the DLC, Sleep, Go Fest, Masters 4-Year Anniversary, etc. It's really awesome to see that we're getting new (more than likely) Poison Type Legendaries. Ogerpon seems like an obvious Grass type, so them being super effective again it makes sense (INB4 it's dual Grass/Steel).

Pikmin 4 having night missions definitely catches my eye. Pikmin 3 never really hooked me as it didn't seem to be all that different from Pikmin 2, so I'm much more sold on this game than before. Having all 4 mainline Pikmin titles on Switch is also really cool. More GC ports!

Metal Gear/Batman coming to Switch is also a nice surprise. They've been in my backlog for the longest time. Would be extra cool if Twin Snakes got a port as well, but I can't see either Nintendo or Konami wanting to pay for that.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just thought about how NSMB2 is the 3rd game in the NSMB series…so why wasn’t it called NSMB3?

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
Geno getting to be playable in two mario games in a year:
When the direct said "but Mario isn't the only one getting his own game!", my first reaction was "oh my God Geno's getting a spinoff". That idea was soon disproven by Untitled Peach Game, but it was a reaction that will stand with me for the rest of my life.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
He's just a silly little guy. Are you really beefing with this silly little guy?
The silly little guy reminds me of this so yeah
20230622_082135.jpg

Fr though as much as I sound like a hater, Wonder looks real cool, not sure if it's 60 euros cool but cause of NSO vouchers I can get it for technically 30 euros. RPG is also neat cause even if I don't like the game or the weird ass chibi look, it's always nice seeing old classics come back, just want to make it clear I'm not being a hater

osby

Smash Obsessed
John Nintendo: "Hmm, I wonder how the internet feels about Super Mario Bros Wonder, are they excited about the bouncy animations, the playable characters, new aesthetic? Let's take a look on social media!"

90% of social media:
View attachment 373692
You can't tell me they weren't expecting it when they made a big point about it the end of the trailer.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I was in class throughout the whole direct and watched it without sound so I completely missed Penny's Big Breakaway

That game looks really fun actually, I want to hear more before I decide whether I get it or not but it has definitely piqued my interest

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I was in class throughout the whole direct and watched it without sound so I completely missed Penny's Big Breakaway

That game looks really fun actually, I want to hear more before I decide whether I get it or not but it has definitely piqued my interest
Honestly it's the coolest thing from the direct imo, scrimblo games have always been more enjoyable when movement options are available to me rather than a base moveset, also seems to be level based instead of a collectathon which is pretty stand out to me for 3D indie scrimblos

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Anyway Mario Wonder looks fun and all but if there's no Dark Souls esque dragon in it then what's the point

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Never said I supported it or it was right.

Like I said, they start using it elsewhere then it’s a bigger problem. But I imagine the review bombings will probably wake them up for once.
It's not about whether or not they start using it elsewhere.

Marvel Studios is one of the biggest entertainment juggernauts today. Almost everyone has their eyes on it. It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not - they've set a precedent for using AI, and by doing that they basically told the guys in the suits in other studios that it's okay to use it as a substitute for paying actual animators, graphic designers, and artists.

We are approaching an anti-art dystopia

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What are the odds that they'll make Elephant Peach and Daisy thin? :yoshi:
I'm starting to think Elephant Mario has become the male version of Bowsette.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other playable characters don't become elephants in the game like how Super Crown was only for Toadette in NSMB U Deluxe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not about whether or not they start using it elsewhere.

Marvel Studios is one of the biggest entertainment juggernauts today. Almost everyone has their eyes on it. It doesn't matter if it's intentional or not - they've set a precedent for using AI, and by doing that they basically told the guys in the suits in other studios that it's okay to use it as a substitute for paying actual animators, graphic designers, and artists.

We are approaching an anti-art dystopia
A silver lining is that legally speaking, AI 'art' exists solely in the public domain due to the ruling about the whole Naruto monkey selfie case from a decade ago, meaning this can backfire pretty badly when big corps realize what that means

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Switch port of Pikmin 2 removed all of the product placement that the original release had.

How the hell am I supposed to play a game if I can't get the urge to buy a long lasting DuracellⓇ battery?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just preordered Super Mario RPG Remake.

Really excited for November, thankfully I have other games such as Spider-Man 2, Bomberman R 2, Disney Illusion Island or even the LEGO No Way Home set to keep me busy while waiting.

I also should finish Dead Space Remake, really loving It so far.

Dukefire

Smash Master
All I can say is that what have we done to see elephants in a mario game? Now the internet is going into horton mode.
1000008109.jpg

Also, all would say that daisy and peach's outfit can appear the same like the mario bros. Wonder is like Alice in Wonderland, but with Mario world's twist.

Edit: I think a piece of mario's forgotten characters might be appearing. A level in the trailer is introducing the Flower Kingdom. The ruler of this kingdom might be Prince Haru.
1000008213.jpg

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Miyamoto and Meledandri say thank you

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of, we're getting a collectors edition of Origins, so if you got it physically now, then 😬😬😬
20230622_092749.png

Only reason how we know this is because it was revealed by accidemt and then Sega pulled the ad.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonic Origins Plus cones out tomorrow. Out of curiousity, is anyone getting this game? It's pretty controversial and I wanna see the concensus on this site
I wanna get It, although maybe on a sale because I already spent my current savings on the Spider-Man PS5 figure.
Maybe for my birthday or something like that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sonic Origins Plus cones out tomorrow. Out of curiousity, is anyone getting this game? It's pretty controversial and I wanna see the concensus on this site
I'll pick it up at some point since the collection itself is mostly solid and it'd be nice to have a physical copy, but the fact that Amy and the Game Gear games aren't included on the card/disc has soured me on it a bit.

Also I've heard that the Game Gear titles have nasty audio issues, soooo...yeah

Top Bottom