• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Actually thematically, using AI to make the title sequence makes sense and was probably intentional.

It’s a show about imposters stealing identities and living among us. Having the title screen give that same sense of “this doesn’t feel real” by using AI actually makes sense, as AI doesn’t look real half the time but tries to imposter real artists.

But maybe they did this to cut costs which in that case is an L. We will have see how later projects do.
Yeah but the thing with the Skrulls is that they’re supposed to be perfect shapeshifters, like you can’t tell at a glance between them and whoever they turn into. Meanwhile you can pretty much always tell when an AI is creating the art, so the symbolism is kinda botched here.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I like the concept of the sequence being "Humans but kinda ****ed up"

But there are some seriously talented photoshop artists out there, who can make things look better and more unsettling and also it would have been actually designed.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So since Mario RPG is real….

Do you all think the Thousand Year Old Door remake is real?

I’m betting it is and will launch next year as the big Mario title on the new console.
I'm not sure. Nintendo is very strange when it comes to giving us GameCube games. Then again, TTYD doesn't involve a major third party company like SMRPG.

But if you want peak Paper Mario gameplay on Switch, I can't recommend Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling enough.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Expereince peak Paper Mario gameplay on Switch. Well...
You got 64's world building (they unga bunga)
If rumors are true, you got TTYD's gameplay
You got the music and exploration of Origami King

Super's not on the Switch so you don't get the story of it. You can't combine them all I fear.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Expereince peak Paper Mario gameplay on Switch. Well...
You got 64's world building (they unga bunga)
If rumors are true, you got TTYD's gameplay
You got the music and exploration of Origami King

Super's not on the Switch so you don't get the story of it. You can't combine them all I fear.
In other worlds we Need Paper Mario All Stars with the first 3 games bundled together.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Actually, has Yoshi ever used the powerups in a traditional way? Only thing that comes to mind is the Power Flower from 64 DS
Star Powerup in New Island. But if he's gonna be playable in a traditional Mario game then I expect him to be treated equally regardless of past precedent

Unless they pull a Nabbit, which would be... unwise :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

This is honestly kinda interesting, here in Europe, the results are a bit different with but the order is mostly the same
Crazy how I've some people act like Kazuya was obscure but was one of the higher solo characters. Hell, Terry even beat out Banjo. Not too surprised how well Sans and Cuphead's suits did. I do wonder how well some of the Smash 4 Miis did, cause I did get the Mega Man ones.

I wonder if this list will make Nintendo consider indie games for smash.

Undertale could honestly be a big addition.
Shantae and/or Shovel Knight would be my ideal choices. Peppino costume or Kai from Gravity Circuit would go hard too. Gunvolt would be okay, but that's just Copium if they can just throw in Mega Man X or Zero.

Reactions: Z25

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Actually, has Yoshi ever used the powerups in a traditional way? Only thing that comes to mind is the Power Flower from 64 DS
Kinda sorta with 64DS. He had a Fire Flower powerup that was exclusive to him in that game. But he didn't change colors, it was more of a new way to implement his Fire Watermelon power up from Yoshi's Island.

I have some hunch that SMB Wonder might have more playable characters than what was shown.
DK, Wario, Rosa, Diddy, Dixie Dream team let's get it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Alright Genobros.

It's up to you. If this game sells well, this may be the first shot at Geno's trek into getting into (the next) Smash. :nifty:
Well, I am buying the game day one for sure! And I do hope Geno does get into the next Smash Bros. game and that the remake of Super Mario RPG is successful.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
"Choose from familiar characters including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi and Toad."

So yeah, to any of those naysayers who are used to the "Yoshi as an item" saying otherwise

Top Bottom