• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finally got breathing time to get everything in order about the Direct. Anywho, thoughts:
  • Detective Pikachu sequel is finally real after all these years! I'm stoked!
  • Super Mario RPG remake looks ****ing amazing. It's still almost unbelievable.
  • A new Peach centered game? Wow!
  • Metal Gear collection coming to Switch is awesome.
  • I highly recommend the Batman Arkham trilogy if you haven't played it already
  • A new WarioWare already? Interesting
  • All 4 mainline Pikmin games on a single console? Holy crap!
  • Lol bathroom race track. The characters choices are on the meh sigh though.
  • Finally the next mainline 2D Mario platformer! Looks bonkers!
Solid 8.5/10 Direct

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I knew that if we got a Super Mario RPG remake, it wouldn’t be the FF7R style one I crave. But the one we’re getting still looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it. Hopefully the remake of my dreams can happen someday in the future anyway.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I knew that if we got a Super Mario RPG remake, it wouldn’t be the FF7R style one I crave. But the one we’re getting still looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it. Hopefully the remake of my dreams can happen someday in the future anyway.
I'm just surprised they touched that game in the first place.

I was positive it'd just be one of those weird little pieces of Nintendo history that never gets brought up again.

We have HD renders of Geno and Mallow this is so surreal

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

This is honestly kinda interesting, here in Europe, the results are a bit different with but the order is mostly the same

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I'm just surprised they touched that game in the first place.

I was positive it'd just be one of those weird little pieces of Nintendo history that never gets brought up again.

We have HD renders of Geno and Mallow this is so surreal
I just wish they were properly proportional and not weirdly chibi.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A few years ago the Detective Pikachu video game team said they were taking notes from the movie equivalent for working on the sequel.

I did noticed that game Tim Goodman is wearing a coat in similar design to his movie counterpart's.

I'm eager to know what else.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Super Mario RPG remake is lacking the "Legend of the Seven Stars" subtitle that the original release has.

I wonder that's all about?
Nintendo when asked how many stars are in the game:

“they had to cut some of them due to time constraints”

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

This is honestly kinda interesting, here in Europe, the results are a bit different with but the order is mostly the same
Something that's interesting is that all of FP1 (except Joker) was at the bottom, but what I find even funnier is that solo Terry and Byleth outsold Banjo and Kazooie.

Edit: It's odd because even though he was 2nd, he sold worse than everyone here except Hero and Min Min. Meanwhile, the winner is top 3 if we remove the DLC Passes.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Steve and Alex being that high will piss certain fans off hard

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just saying, this is why Twintelle Superiority would have won, as cool as min-min is, you can’t beat Twintelle

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That might do the impossible and make Geno fans even more insuffarable about Hero
To be fair, they at least would finally be silent after awhile.

Also this doesn’t say if the numbers are region specific, but if it’s world wide,

Then it’s crazy hero is that far down with how big his franchise is in Japan.

And wild that Sans Undertale cracked top ten

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean if this list means anything, it's that Sans and Cuphead are being added while Geno stays a costume because his couldn't even crack top 15 DLC.
I wonder though. Swap hero for Geno and see how he sells.

I think Geno is a bit of an exception because his costume was old and fans were pissed he still didn’t get in. So they probably didn’t buy It.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I mean if this list means anything, it's that Sans and Cuphead are being added while Geno stays a costume because his couldn't even crack top 15 DLC.
Geno's costume is generally in the top 20 for Mii costumes overall from what I've seen and there's 52 of them so it's a respectable result

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wonder if this list will make Nintendo consider indie games for smash.

Undertale could honestly be a big addition.
Sans and Cuphead seem to generally be massive here, though Shantae falls off quite a bit.

Also as a hater I think it's funny how Banjo only seems to be more popular than Byleth in Sweden after a discord server I'm in tried to compare regional differences,

Top Bottom