• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The general top 10 trend for mii outfits is

Sans
Cuphead
followed by any mix of Minecraft outfits, Dante, Doom Slayer, Team Rocket, Bomberman, Vault Boy and Rathalos armour.

Sans and Cuphead seem to generally be massive here, though Shantae falls off quite a bit.

Also as a hater I think it's funny how Banjo only seems to be more popular than Byleth in Sweden after a discord server I'm in tried to compare regional differences,
Nah Banjo did better than Byleth in the UK too but he still couldn't break out of the bottom 5 of fighters lmao

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There aren't a lot of Banjo fans in the modern day. It's mostly 90s kids holding onto a franchise that never quite reached it's full potential. It makes sense he wasn't a top seller.
I mean, SMRPG never got directly released in Europe yet he made top 20 best selling Miis judging by this method for the Netherlands, cult followings do seem to genuinely make a difference for this

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Meanwhile the Minecraft costumes are what booted Slayer out of top 5 here in the Netherlands. I kinda wonder what the averages are worldwide when taking all regions in to account here
Probably like what Schnee said, SansHead, Minecraft, and Doom Slayer, are probably top 6, and then some combination of Danthalos, Vault Boy, and Bomberman round out top 10.

For characters, I would assume Steve, Sora and Joker are top 3 (not counting Plant since he came with the game early on).

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To get me hyped up for Detective Pikachu Returns, closer to release I'm gonna binge on 4 different Detective Pikachu things (in this order):
  1. Live-action movie
  2. Detective Pikachu Episode 0: Eevee's Case (a prequel story book to the 3DS game)
  3. Detective Pikachu for 3DS (likely just watching the cutscenes online rather than playing the game again)
  4. This amazing and well done fan made animation
Woo!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Looking at the trailer again, that gauge counter on the bottom left interests me. It looks like its used for an ultimate attack like Limit Break. Though, we will have to wait until fall to learn more.
View attachment 373661
Well the FP is still there, so I’m guessing it’s either only used for certain specials or maybe those cutscenes we saw in the trailer are for new attacks that have special animations and need the gauge.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I just finished the Direct. I'd say it was a good one; I'm thinking about picking up the following:

-Super Mario RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters
-Sonic Superstars
-Metal Gear Solid (just MGS1 - I've beaten MGS2 and 3, but the only version of MGS1 that I have is the Twin Snakes, so I want to see how the original compares)
-Pikmin 4 (this latest trailer sold me on it)
-Penny's Big Breakaway (more games from the Sonic Mania team definitely seems like a good thing; surprised that it was a 3D platformer)
-Super Mario Wonder (maybe - I like the art style, at least)
As for me:
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Star Ocean 2 Remake
  • Maybe Metal Gear Solid

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sakurai you better get ready to worship Daisy full time

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Seen Spider-Verse for the third time, this time with my dad.

It was still peak cinema, and my dad loved it too.

That being said I will not be seeing it in theater a fourth time

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, so today has been quite the day on Discord. Emotional if you may say.

Met some of my old Discord friends again Who were quite happy not only about the Mario RPG Remake, but also glad to be talking with me again. They talked about how much they missed me. Right now I am even talking with Smush if ya'll remember them, It makes me so glad to be talking with them again.

We can think whatever we want about the reveals of the Direct, but just the fact It has made me able to meet these wonderful people again, even despite our differences in the past, and that we all just had an awesome time today... It makes the world for me. Just seeing awesome people being this happy makes me glad to share these moments, as small as they may be.

So yeah, really happy.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Late to post but I'm so happy and stunned that Geno is back with a Mario RPG remake (luckily avoided the leak discussions). It was honestly one of the main appeals for me to see him added to Smash, having such a cool yet abandoned character in a glorious HD cutscene. We may even get an amiibo now with a bit of luck.

This is everything I wanted really and felt like an impossibility. Even Mother 3 in English felt more likely lmao.

Cheers to Geno and Mario RPG enjoyers! I thought after Ultimate Geno's chance of reappearing officially were toast and I'm so happy to be wrong.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
On the topic of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, we now know the ability for Okidogi, Munkidori and Fezandipit. The ability is Toxic Chain, where the opposing Pokémon can be badly poisoned when the user hits them with a move

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
On the topic of Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, we now know the ability for Okidogi, Munkidori and Fezandipit. The ability is Toxin Chain, where the opposing Pokémon can be badly poisoned when the user hits them with a move
If one of them has any half decent bulk/reliable recovery, that is going to be so fun to use.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
No way they thought this looked good
View attachment 373632
Oh by the way I thought this was a transition shot but they actually linger on this piece of crap. It's horrifying
Actually thematically, using AI to make the title sequence makes sense and was probably intentional.

It’s a show about imposters stealing identities and living among us. Having the title screen give that same sense of “this doesn’t feel real” by using AI actually makes sense, as AI doesn’t look real half the time but tries to imposter real artists.

But maybe they did this to cut costs which in that case is an L. We will have see how later projects do.
The mental gymnastics are so real

A real human could've made this and it would produce a similar vibe and wouldn't look like absolute ****ing dog water. Regardless of whether it's an artistic choice (it's not) this is actually threatening people's careers and as an aspiring animator I'm actually ****ing terrified by this

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean not all AI art is bad. Spiderverse uses generative AI as well, though they had a more unique case. They hired artists to do many sketches, models, and poses of the characters, and then they fed all that into an AI art program that was able to use all that info and was able to make generate frames of animation. Of course there were some tweaks here and there, but they were able to substantially cut down the workload by doing that.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean not all AI art is bad. Spiderverse uses generative AI as well, though they had a more unique case. They hired artists to do many sketches, models, and poses of the characters, and then they fed all that into an AI art program that was able to use all that info and was able to make generate frames of animation. Of course there were some tweaks here and there, but they were able to substantially cut down the workload by doing that.
Yes, that is true and that's good use of AI in art.

Secret Invasion is not that at all

Noipoi

Howdy!
Inb4 Super Mario Maker 2 gets a surprise DLC update with a Super Mario Bros. Wonder theme.

The empty space next to the Super Mario 3D World theme in the "Extra Games Styles" tab will finally be filled
This sounds like lunacy, but considering Mario Kart 8 DX got dlc four years after it's release, it's not impossible.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh by the way I thought this was a transition shot but they actually linger on this piece of crap. It's horrifying

The mental gymnastics are so real

A real human could've made this and it would produce a similar vibe and wouldn't look like absolute ****ing dog water. Regardless of whether it's an artistic choice (it's not) this is actually threatening people's careers and as an aspiring animator I'm actually ****ing terrified by this
Never said I supported it or it was right.

Like I said, they start using it elsewhere then it’s a bigger problem. But I imagine the review bombings will probably wake them up for once.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So since Mario RPG is real….

Do you all think the Thousand Year Old Door remake is real?

I’m betting it is and will launch next year as the big Mario title on the new console.

Top Bottom