• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Asking anyone who’s a fan of Demon Slayer. I’ve been reworking my DC Comics vs Shonen Jump fighting game and one of the areas I wanted to touch up was how I represented Demon Slayer. So which of these three options is more appealing to you.

Tanjiro and Nezuko
Tanjiro and a villain
Or Nezuko and a villain?
Tanjiro and Nezuko, you can not have ome without the other

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Next up is Cyrax, who's the Yellow Character on the Color Wheel. Was in the mood to draw some MK, and I never had a chance to get to him yet, so now was a good a time as any!

Also, playable Yoshi AND Daisy? Might have to nab that one, honestly. I wonder if characters will have unique quirks, seems like Yoshi does at least.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Asking anyone who’s a fan of Demon Slayer. I’ve been reworking my DC Comics vs Shonen Jump fighting game and one of the areas I wanted to touch up was how I represented Demon Slayer. So which of these three options is more appealing to you.

Tanjiro and Nezuko
Tanjiro and a villain
Or Nezuko and a villain?
It'd be cool to have an Upper Moon like Akaza or even Muzan himself, but if you're limiting yourself to only two characters from the series, Tanjiro and Nezuko are really the only way to go IMO.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got to the Dragon Quest Monsters trailer. I might pick that up (I haven't played a game in that series since Dragon Warrior Monsters on the Game Boy), but I feel like the dramatic reveal at the end would mean more to me if I'd played more Dragon Quest games. (I know it's the hero from 4, but I've only played 1, 11, and bits of 3 and 8)

EDIT: it just hit me that two of the three games that I'm thinking about picking up from this Direct are RPGs, which likely isn't a good thing considering how big my RPG backlog already is haha. (I still have to play through Xenoblade X, 2, AND 3, plus the DLC stories for 2 and 3)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

Tanjiro and Nezuko
Tanjiro and a villain
Or Nezuko and a villain?
:troll: Sonic and Tails as a pair unit.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A pseudonym for a user here who's a huge Geno fan and I think he got banned forever. Or he left forever. Idk one of those
They were banned forever I’m pretty sure. Hell most of the Geno thread got banned at one point or another. It was one of the worst character discussion threads on here

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
They were banned forever I’m pretty sure. Hell most of the Geno thread got banned at one point or another. It was one of the worst character discussion threads on here
So, many on there got banned? I did try to tell them to temper their own expectations and they did not.

I warned them.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh yeah, it was a battlefield discussion to seeing geno in smash bros. They didn't take the returning mii costume lightly.
I remeber when sora was announced, I saw people saying "maybe SE could put Geno in KH"
And I was like "what"

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I love Super Mario RPG but I never understood the hype for Geno

Dude has very little presence after his introduction
If it helps any, it was said Sakurai was interested in making him playable in Brawl. I don't know if that was proven, but it was also said Sakurai considered him as a DLC character before he went with Cloud.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
Apparently Ai no Uta is removed from Pikmin, and some of the treasures in Pikmin 2 have been changed due to licensing.

I find it weird Nintendo has to get rights to use Ai no Uta, considering it was made for their own game and its soundtrack. Why do they have to renegotiate for it? Some weird deal with the composer or singer or something?

personally I just think he’s pretty cool.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
I remeber when sora was announced, I saw people saying "maybe SE could put Geno in KH"
And I was like "what"
Five stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance
They were on the bargaining stage. At least now they are on acceptance.

All is good until the next push for smash bros. Which they will use the remake as proof for requests........ (of course, not all fans are toxic within the crowd)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished the Direct. I'd say it was a good one; I'm thinking about picking up the following:

-Super Mario RPG
-Dragon Quest Monsters
-Sonic Superstars
-Metal Gear Solid (just MGS1 - I've beaten MGS2 and 3, but the only version of MGS1 that I have is the Twin Snakes, so I want to see how the original compares)
-Pikmin 4 (this latest trailer sold me on it)
-Penny's Big Breakaway (more games from the Sonic Mania team definitely seems like a good thing; surprised that it was a 3D platformer)
-Super Mario Wonder (maybe - I like the art style, at least)

osby

Smash Obsessed
Apparently Ai no Uta is removed from Pikmin, and some of the treasures in Pikmin 2 have been changed due to licensing.

I find it weird Nintendo has to get rights to use Ai no Uta, considering it was made for their own game and its soundtrack. Why do they have to renegotiate for it? Some weird deal with the composer or singer or something?
Apparently, that song was sung by an independent band that holds the copyright of the composition and arrangements. Which makes sense, it's not uncommon for unaffiliated artists to hold the rights to their music in Japanese games.

(Fun fact: Ai no Uta's single released actually outsold Pikmin 1)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Part of it is that he's a character who's very different from what we normally see in Mario, and due to nonsensical legal reasons (Square-Enix inexplicably owns all of the original characters from Super Mario RPG, which would be like if Koei-Tecmo owned all of the original characters from Hyrule Warriors, Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes, or Persona 5 Strikers), Smash Bros. is basically the only opportunity for him to appear in anything. (since Square-Enix and Nintendo rarely collaborate on Mario games - there was a pair of sports games in the Wii/DS days, Fortune Street on the Wii, and I think that's it)

It would kind of be like if Krystal from Star Fox couldn't appear in any games beyond Star Fox Adventures (aside from very specific circumstances) because she was fully owned by Rare (and, by extension, Microsoft).

Last edited:
I went into the Nintendo Direct with low expectations. Only expecting the new 2D Mario and a SNES remake, as per those rumors and those rumors.

WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN?

Pokemon DLC looks nice. Penny's Big Breakaway had me hyped before mentioning the crew worked on Sonic Mania, and the third-party stuff was cool.

Non-Nintendo favorites were the Metal Gear Solid Collection and Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince.

But. Oh. MY. GOD.

Detective Pikachu 2. Super Mario RPG remake. A new Princess Peach game. Dark Moon Remaster. Night Missions in Pikmin 4. The first two Pikmin games are on Switch, meaning the ENTIRE franchise is on that console by now.

A new WarioWare game that's already leaps and bounds better than Everybody 1-2 Switch. TOTK Amiibo for Zelda and Ganondorf. Kamek in a MAINLINE Mario Kart game.

THE 2D MARIO GAME HAS A NEW ARTSTYLE, VOICE ACTING, FLUID ANIMATION, PLAYABLE DAISY, ROLLERSKATING KOOPAS, A WHOLE LOT OF STUFF THAT MAKES JG QUINTEL CRY, YOSHI COULD BE A SIXTH PLAYABLE CHARACTER, PARACHUTE CAPS, A HOLIDAY SEASON RELEASE DATE, AND ELEPHANT MARIO.
Everyone Loves Elephant Mario, Thicc King - GameSpot

ELEPHANT. MARIO.

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to check to see if I spontaneously contacted rabies.

Top Bottom