• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Color Wheel DAY 04: GREEN Ft. B. Orchid from Killer Instinct. Same with Mortal Kombat, I wanted a reason to make more KI art, so here Orchid.

We're now at the halfway point. Tried my best to make each character from a different series to spice up the variety.

Yoshi is his own playable character, but other players can still hop onto him for a ride.

Makes you wonder if there are any other team moves...
Bowser realizing that Mario and Luigi can now do Bros. Moves in a game where he can only take 3 hits before getting Toe Tagged.

Saiyaman Bruh.jpg

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Why is this everyone going on about "every character gets their own animal transformation"? I don't see them locking Elephant to one character.

"But Peachette--" That was an accessibility option, not an integrated powerup.

"But 64DS--" It was the same item just with different effects, most of them were based on Mario's old hat abilities from the original, AND the game was designed with repeated level visits in mind

"But Kitsune Luigi--" Functioned exactly the same as Tanuki Mario. If the theories about Elephant Mario using water are correct, they're gonna have to find multiple transformations that function exactly like that...

Run from it all you want, it's inevitable :yoshi:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why is this everyone going on about "every character gets their own animal transformation"? I don't see them locking Elephant to one character.

"But 64DS--" It was the same item just with different effects, most of them were based on Mario's old hat abilities from the original, AND the game was designed with repeated level visits in mind

"But Kitsune Luigi--" Functioned exactly the same as Tanuki Mario. If the theories about Elephant Mario using water are correct, they're gonna have to find multiple transformations that function exactly like that...

Main point I’ve seen if that the elephant power up is made to look like Mario. A weird design choice if it’s for everyone. Leading people to to think that everyone will have a different animal, even if it’s not something that changes gameplay too much.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

We'll probably get a woolly mammoth form for some of them.

Prepare for Ice Age memes, everyone.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
It does look like Mario's proportions for Wonder were lifted from the artwork of the NES/SNES days
View attachment 373714
View attachment 373715

Where as the NSMB games were based off his modern design from 64 onwards (primarily because his kodel in NSMBDS was based on 64 DS)
Honestly I kind of think Wonder looks a little weird. It looks fine in stills but I’m motion it looks kind of… idk, off.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Honestly I kind of think Wonder looks a little weird. It looks fine in stills but I’m motion it looks kind of… idk, off.
I could be wrong, but I think the frame rate has been slightly altered to give the game an almost claymation feel without going all the way with that style.

I think it looks pretty cool :drshrug:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
21 million views on the Japanese Tweet alone.

I'll admit, I thought the Operation Starfall stuff was a complete waste of time and Geno getting Mii'd yet again meant he was done for good for appearing in anything ever again. But if SMRPG is getting a remake, complete with every single character made for it intact instead of getting Toad'd, and it got this much attention...well, Geno fans better hope this many Tweet views results in the game selling ridiculously well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing they didn’t mention in the direct that’s odd is Detective Pikachu.

We got the sequel, but when that game was first announced they said the first game was coming to switch as well

But we didn’t hear anything about the first game so I wonder if that’s still planned.
I'm hoping it's still coming down the road.

Not providing people a 5 year old prequel that was on a console's final year would be a really terrible idea.

Reactions: Z25

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm hoping it's still coming down the road.

Not providing people a 5 year old prequel that was on a console's final year would be a really terrible idea.
There is going to be so much confusion when most people's exposure to Detective Pikachu was the movie.

Top Bottom