• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
While they were still fun, I'm relieved that the "New" Super Mario Bros. series has retired.

4½ games with the last one coming out 10 years ago was a journey.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
While they were still fun, I'm relieved that the "New" Super Mario Bros. series has retired.

4½ games with the last one coming out 10 years ago was a journey.
I just hope people don’t start getting hyper fixated on Mario’s art style being weird and different every single time. People are praising the fact that this game looks different, and that’s good. But the next game doesn’t need to look completely different too.

Shroob

Sup?
What’s wrong with the “baas”? I barely even noticed while I played and I played all 4 games. The few times I did notice I thought it was kind of cute.
Well ya see Snake, baa baa

It's just kinda like, baa baa

What I'm trying to, baa baa

Snake, help, baa baa

They won't, baa baa

Oh my god save, baa baa

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Everyone

Go buy Pikmin 2 and find a cool place called the Submerged Castle.

There's a cool, secret easter egg if you hang around there for like a minute, trust me!
Me watching every one of my Pikmin get literal steamrolled when all I wanted to do was some casual, fun exploring
cover2.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Objectively? They're inoffensive.

But they're so synonymous with the New Soup games and people want Wonder to be as different from them as possible. So y'know.
That’s a fair stance to take. I just don’t mind.

Also Arlo made a video about not thinking Charles Martinet is voicing Mario anymore based on the trailer clips from both this and the new Wario game and I’m like “why did I watch this whole thing”.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Would’ve been the best scene in the movie

Noipoi

Howdy!

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Is she ok
Amber Heard still has her 2 roles in development (Aquaman 2 and some other movie called In The Fire), but idk what she’s got afterwards. Afterwards, idk what she’s got happening…both professionally and especially personally

also Flashpoint Wonder Woman was beyond cold blooded. ****ed her man, killed her, and then killed her man before the universe died

Dukefire

Smash Master
While young, I just couldn't play pikmin 2 for a long while after see it and most of my pikmin were dead.
In other words.....
1000007498.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
FzQeu57X0AUGLMt.png

Obama had a lot (even more once the 3D games and spin-offs are added in)

Shroob

Sup?
Who else would be up for a Pokémon Legends game set entirely in Ultra Space about the Ultra Recon Squad and catching Ultra Beasts.

Fanbase is hella divided on Ultra Beasts so ehhh.

Kinda feel like Paradox Pokemon did their concept better while also being more immediately popular.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Fanbase is hella divided on Ultra Beasts so ehhh.

Kinda feel like Paradox Pokemon did their concept better while also being more immediately popular.
But paradox Pokémon are just robot and caveman versions of existing Pokémon! You’re telling me a whole game about exploring alien dimensions and catching alien Pokémon wouldn’t elevate the concept to peak execution?

Shroob

Sup?
But paradox Pokémon are just robot and caveman versions of existing Pokémon! You’re telling me a whole game about exploring alien dimensions and catching alien Pokémon wouldn’t elevate the concept to peak execution?
I think that's kinda the reason Paradox Pokemon are as popular as they are. They're simple and recognizable.

While I like Ultra Beasts, a lot of them are really over-designed and really do give off "That's not a Pokemon" vibe, like Xurkitree for example, which is actually just wires.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm hoping it's still coming down the road.

Not providing people a 5 year old prequel that was on a console's final year would be a really terrible idea.
The movie follows the general over arching story minus its ending.

But you still miss out on a lot from there. So yeah it would suck if they didn’t bring the first one back.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Except they didn’t. They just gave them crazy hair and wild eyes.
Alright, you've done it. You've activated my character design card.

All the Scarlet Paradox forms are intentionally meant to give the Pokémon dinosaurian traits, mainly long tails and spikey jagged bits on their bodies.

Obvious examples include Great Tusk and Slither Wing:

They both take their respective inspirations (Donphan and Volcarona) and change up the body types to give them spikes and spines, sharp teeth, and more reptilian tails. Slither Wing's eponymous wings are even meant to mimic a typical dinosaur sailfin, like a Dimetrodon or a Spinosaurus.

Sometimes they have to get more creative though.

Scream Tail's long ponytail with its frayed hairs are once again supposed to mimic a spiny lizard tail. Sandy Shock's whole body is constructed like a rudimentary dinosaur-shaped thing made out of trash, it's especially obvious if you look at it from the side. It's tail is the long metal coil sticking out the back, and all those sharp magnet filings make up the spines.

Walking Wake is perhaps the most obvious example. They literally turned Suicune into a velociraptor.

Last edited:
Top Bottom