• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So i watched the new transformers movie today and... This was honestly the best of these movies, all the other live action transformers flicks felt like movies that happened to have robots in them but this one is actually a movie about robots fighting each other and that part was great.

What took me by surprise and i'll put it in spoiler tag is that:
They didnt just pull from G1 and Beast wars but they took an elemtent from this Transformers show for some reason
Where the humans gain a mech suit to fight alongside the autobots, when that happened in the movie i felt a little bit of hype i was not expecting to get.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I liked the Megas for the most of the starters and Amphiros the best. Blaziken getting the flames on its wrists turned into Muai Thai bands was a nice way to really tie the fighting style into him even further. Blastoise getting it's two cannons on its arms to make way for a larger rail cannon on the back was a solid evolution of it's themes too. Gengar's was good too.

Shroob

Sup?
While I'm still undecided on where I stand with terastilization as a mechanic, I still think it's without a question that Dynamax was the worst mechanic ever conceived for Pokemon.

Megas had their share of issues for sure. Mainly popular Pokemon getting them, their lack of balance in many cases, and a handful of times, the Mega being worse than the non-Mega paradoxically, but as a whole, they were cool. You could only use 1, and you sacrificed your held item.

Z moves were, bad, but inoffensively bad. They were primarily a nuke button, though there were fringe cases where you could use it as a superbuff, but there was a legit tradeoff to it, in that it was one time only, and you lost your held item.

Dynamax, what can even be said that hasn't already. Doubling your health and doing secondary things like stat buffs for free or setting trapping/entry hazards all attached to Z-Move power moves, which lasted for 3 turns, and you still got your held item on top of that. Who thought this was a good idea again?

Terastilization, I'm not entirely sold on it being an okay mechanic to be blunt. With things like Megas, Team Preview pretty much pointed out with big, red arrows which was the Mega Pokemon, and Z moves were one and done. Tera is something that you basically can't prepare for, since said info isn't readily available.

Which is frustrating, since it's deceptively powerful since the power doesn't seem as front-loaded as the other mechanics, but being able to change a Pokemon's type into something that's advantageous to it on a single button press is frankly unheard of and unpredictable. I feel like if Tera types were readily available for both players to know, it'd be one thing, like they do in VGC, but as is, the mechanic's kinda sus, ngl.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Terastilization, I'm not entirely sold on it being an okay mechanic to be blunt. With things like Megas, Team Preview pretty much pointed out with big, red arrows which was the Mega Pokemon, and Z moves were one and done. Tera is something that you basically can't prepare for, since said info isn't readily available.

Which is frustrating, since it's deceptively powerful since the power doesn't seem as front-loaded as the other mechanics, but being able to change a Pokemon's type into something that's advantageous to it on a single button press is frankly unheard of and unpredictable. I feel like if Tera types were readily available for both players to know, it'd be one thing, like they do in VGC, but as is, the mechanic's kinda sus, ngl.
Your issue isn't on the mechanics then, it's more of an visual/ui issue that there's no indicator on Tera Type.

D

Deleted member

Indiana Jones And The Dial Of Destiny haters who used the tomatometer to justify toxic hatred when the score rose up to 62%

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking back at a rumor from around August last year citing a leaker named Zippo about a new 2D Mario platformer, I'm not believing he actually leaked Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

While he some things right like new artstyle and no "New" in the title, things that don't match up. They include saying it'll have online, only lists the brothers, Peach and Toad as characters, and currently no sign of Foreman Spike.

I have doubts it was outdated information.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Looking back at a rumor from around August last year citing a leaker named Zippo about a new 2D Mario platformer, I'm not believing he actually leaked Super Mario Bros. Wonder.

While he some things right like new artstyle and no "New" in the title, things that don't match up. They include saying it'll have online, only lists the brothers, Peach and Toad as characters, and currently no sign of Foreman Spike.

I have doubts it was outdated information.
Zippo's never been reliable so...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

Here is the Sonic Frontiers Update 2 trailer from the Sonic Central event.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
11 years ago, peak had arrived

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
never knew this was a Mario song until now
Most people have probably head the OST in the background if YouTube videos and never realized it. Something I think will get a lot of people excited when they realize this.

Dukefire

Smash Master

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Most people have probably head the OST in the background if YouTube videos and never realized it. Something I think will get a lot of people excited when they realize this.
I’ve always heard it from SMG4 videos…they’ve taught me something I never noticed
Watching these without context reminds me that I should pick up where I left off with Gravity Falls. (I think I was about halfway through season 1)

show is perfection

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Think I'm gonna start a new playthrough of Pokémon Violet to prepare for the DLC
Not sure which starter to pick

The easy choice would be Fuecoco since it's the only one I feel very strongly towards out of the three but I already used it for a whole playthrough

BUT I don't love either Quaquaval or Meowscarada so I'm not sure...

osby

Smash Obsessed

The easy choice would be Fuecoco since it's the only one I feel very strongly towards out of the three but I already used it for a whole playthrough

Choose Quaquaval for the Pride Month.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Generate a random number between 1-3

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is pretty damn good:

Top Bottom