• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
How are we slandering Rilaboom? He’s literally:
View attachment 373762
Rillaboom bothers me because the drum set makes the design awkward. On his own he’s fine, a solid grass type gorilla, but he’s always hunching over this dorky looking drum and it messes with his cool factor.

And what kills me is that all they had to do was give him a wooden chest plate that he could beat like a bongo. Gorillas pound their chests all the time, it’s like an iconic gorilla thing. I have no idea why a grass type ape wouldn’t make use of this concept.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rillaboom bothers me because the drum set makes the design awkward. On his own he’s fine, a solid grass type gorilla, but he’s always hunching over this dorky looking drum and it messes with his cool factor.

And what kills me is that all they had to do was give him a wooden chest plate that he could beat like a bongo. Gorillas pound their chests all the time, it’s like an iconic gorilla thing. I have no idea why a grass type ape wouldn’t make use of this concept.
I can see that. It makes me like the design more though. It Carries the drum in its back and pulls it out to sit down and jam out. Which I think is pretty neat.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean kinda, but according to some animators it's nowhere near complete. Especially not if Phil Lord is gonna keep revising the script and fighting with Sony like he did with Across.
Also the actors haven't recorded their lines yet

I'm 100% expecting a delay

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean kinda, but according to some animators it's nowhere near complete. Especially not if Phil Lord is gonna keep revising the script and fighting with Sony like he did with Across.
Also the actors haven't recorded their lines yet

I'm 100% expecting a delay
Well in that case, by all means. Delay the film.

We don't need the grand finale of the most GOATED superhero trilogy of all time to be ruined by crunch.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well in that case, by all means. Delay the film.

We don't need the grand finale of the most GOATED superhero trilogy of all time to be ruined by crunch.
I really do want to see this cliffhanger resolved sooner than later, but if it means we're getting a worse film then I'm willing to wait longer. The first two films are perfect and I don't want the finale to be ruined

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's stuff like this that makes me doubt my devotion to animation :217:
So I've seen stuff like this on Twitter and from my understanding, animators say the best projects to work on are the ones that are cheap and/or ass. Big budget dream job titles sound super good on on paper, but low budget cheap trash also gets you the experience needed while being nowhere near as demanding, and in some cases, are actually better to put down on a resume. And they probably pay the same amount regardless.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Thought I might as well give my thoughts and predictions on the future of some fighting games news and potential reveals:

Street Fighter 6

With the game recieving a much better reception than its predeccessor, we do know that they revealed the next four DLC characters which are Rashid, AKI, Ed and Akuma. I predict it is likely that Rashid's first gameplay (since he is due to be released this Summer) will be shown during the EVO Finals in August, AKI's possibly in September/October, ED's maybe around December/January and Akuma in March/April. Once all four characters had been released, I suspect they will unveil what is coming up that could lead to more DLC characters being revealed.

Tekken 8

Whilst Tekken 8 still has no release date as of yet, the game is still revealing its character roster and at the same time, they also announced a closed beta test for July. So far 16 characters have been revealed with Claudio Serafino being the latest, whilst I feel that the reveals are mostly returnees, we have yet to see any new characters shown which is rather interesting although I do highly expect a newcomer to be shown eventually. But I do expect them to showcase something at the EVO finals for certain and maybe a release date to be revealed too?

Mortal Kombat 1

Poor Ed Boon, he is having a rather difficult time trying not to say much in terms of answering questions about the roster especially with the leaks. But with over less than three months until the game's release, I am sure that there will be a load of information and reveals to be shown.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DC is teasing that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn will be staying…and I will be fully seated for her return

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Just like E3, looks like a number of studios are not going to take part during this year's San Diego Comic-con which could be due to a potential SAG strike.
None of this would be happening if they simply agreed to pay their writers

cashregister9

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

Yo, currently at the parties of San Juan at the main beach of my city. Found a partner from university and to my surprise she was happy to see me, here is one photo of the place right now:

I'm also eating at the Victoria Club, here's a photo of our desk with some of the food:

Also, I helped a girl on the way there Who was being bothered by some drunk men. She was glad I helped her and said the world needed more people like me. That was quite cool.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Feige couldn’t lock down the fantastic 4 cast anyway apparently.

So he was gonna take a L either way.
Good

If this strike brings about the downfall of Disney I will be very pleased. It probably won't but they're bound to take a few hits from this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Good

If this strike brings about the downfall of Disney I will be very pleased. It probably won't but they're bound to take a few hits from this
They’ve been taking hits. Their theme parks are tanking, they have nothing new for them.

Pixar is tanking because they can’t market for ****. Star Wars is ranking, marvels been taking hits, and their live action movies are mostly missed, minus a few.

But they still are standing because their wealth is insane.

Top Bottom