• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just read the stuff that went on behind the scenes of Across the Spider-Verse and all I gotta say is, they better delay this film as soon as possible

There's absolutely no way they can get this done in nine months

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's hilarious yet absurd, no way they win this
"C'mon guys we are not a monopoly"
Proceeds to admit to doing the exact stuff a monopoly would do
from admitting to losing against Sony to also admitting to snatching up game bodies is crazy…man I wish this entire thing would end already, regardless of who buys or doesn’t buy Activision

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
What's happening on Universal?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I forgot pranking was a thing, even though I've had Premium to skip ads. I don't think I've pranked anyone in years.

Will have to try and resolve that when I get back from work. :sheep:

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The first episode of Secret Invasion was pretty good, You can tell Samuel L. Jackson is having fun with it.

But man that Ai opening is really disappointing and I feel like a Jackass for even watching it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This would be insane if true:
I don't believe this. Nintendo has shown no signs of acknowledging this movie's existence ever and the movie predates Super Mario World by 4 years so Prince Haru's dog appearance can't be related to Wiggler.

I say SMB Wonder's Flower Kingdom is a brand new thing.

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This would be insane if true:
don’t think it’d happen…but I wouldn't mind stomping him out with Daisy
The first episode of Secret Invasion was pretty good, You can tell Samuel L. Jackson is having fun with it.

But man that Ai opening is really disappointing and I feel like a Jackass for even watching it.
the ending was unfortunate and evil

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I am deciding if I should buy the Switch game voucher

If I do it'll be for Super Mario Bros. Wonder and Super Mario RPG

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this is gonna sound weird…but I think I prefer Persona 3 over Persona 4…still prefer Persona 5 over both however)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't believe this. Nintendo has shown no signs of acknowledging this movie's existence ever and the movie predates Super Mario World by 4 years so Prince Haru's dog appearance can't be related to Wiggler.

I say SMB Wonder's Flower Kingdom is a brand new thing.
I mean it’s probably not connected. The coincidences are pretty crazy though

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
DAY 05: Lara Croft for the Cyan section. Almost forgot to post it here!

I almost beat Mario 3D World 100% Just gotta do the Last Mystery House and Champion's Road. I know it's starting to track each characters clearing, but I don't know if that counts towards 100% or not. Either way, I'll be happy just getting the last of the green stars when I can. I did do the final Captain Toad level and got 1/3rd through the last Mystery House.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yo Frontiers' Wave 2 update includes other QoL stuff like custom jump deceleration in the physics and turning off the dynamic camera movements during special moves. Also, wave 3 stuff was datamined, haven't seen the story stuff that's supposedly in there but Amy, Knuckles and Tails all have attack animations and stuff ready, cool ****

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If there's one thing I wish more Western game, outside of indies or whatever Jake Kaufman, Tee Lopes, and Mick Gordon are up to, I need to bring back more than boring ass orchestral music. So many big games have them now, but they really blur to me.

As much as I like Insomniac Spider-Man, the music isn't there like the bangers from the 90's and 2000's.

Mysterio's theme is one of those classics.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If there's one thing I wish more Western game, outside of indies or whatever Jake Kaufman, Tee Lopes, and Mick Gordon are up to, I need to bring back more than boring ass orchestral music. So many big games have them now, but they really blur to me.

As much as I like Insomniac Spider-Man, the music isn't there like the bangers from the 90's and 2000's.

The issue with game osts nowadays is that since they want to be more akin to interactive movies is that the ost is going to sound like it's from a movie. And that's fine and all but movie osts have taken a huge hit lately because it's either licensed songs or the most generic orchestra piece that fit a scene.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Preemptive disappointment in the fact that Mario RPG Remake wont give the Axem rangers some tokusatsu inspired boss music remix.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Some dude named Paul on this site
View attachment 373791
all Pauls are about to pay the price of another Paul

I’d say the Miles tracks hit pretty hard (same with the first game’s Halloween level tracks)
Preemptive disappointment in the fact that Mario RPG Remake wont give the Axem rangers some tokusatsu inspired boss music remix.
crazy how this never got a full English dub

osby

Smash Obsessed

There are so many ways to make orchestral tracks sound unique and interesting* but I agree that most games don't take advantage of that.

*And since I'm a Megaten shill, I'll direct you toward SMT Strange Journey

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There are so many ways to make orchestral tracks sound unique and interesting* but I agree that most games don't take advantage of that.

*And since I'm a Megaten shill, I'll direct you toward SMT Strange Journey
I'd had said Western games in particular, since I feel like Soul Calibur and Final Fantasy still do a good job making them not sound like generic audio sludge. And Yoko Shimamura almost always cooks.

Indie games don't suffer from this, because they usually don't have some John Business suit making sure the SOUL is sucked out of the game. Mortal Kombat's probably the biggest loss out of this, cause the Arcade and 3D eras had nice tracks like Living Forest, The Streets, Courtyard, Slaughterhouse Jive, Falling Cliffs ect. From what I heard, MK1 is addressing this a bit. So any progress I'll be happy with. Also Spyro after the first like 4 games.

I know I'm being a bit hyperbolic about, but I do think it's a legitimate issue in the case of games.

all Pauls are about to pay the price of another Paul

I’d say the Miles tracks hit pretty hard (same with the first game’s Halloween level tracks)

crazy how this never got a full English dub
Miles' game adds some 808's and stuff here and there. But not quite the techno/industrial/rock stuff of earlier Spider-Man titles. Hell, even Ultimate Spider-Man had a clean mix of the two, which makes sense since Kevin Manthei, who did Invander Zim's music did that game's OST. Granted a lot of hip-hop is based off of sampling, but leaning in more into Hip-Hop or at least a bit of Lo-Fi and Drum N' Bass or even Jazz would work well if they want to lean into African American music for Miles in particular, since he's black. But Techno or Rock or Metal for Peter to add genre variety.

Ironically, Spider-Verse has some of that sound. Or Spectacular's fight scene music.

Shroob

Sup?
Your issue isn't on the mechanics then, it's more of an visual/ui issue that there's no indicator on Tera Type.
Yeah, to a degree it is.

There's always going to be random stuff in Pokemon for sure, and gimmicks being a bit random isn't anything new, see Z-Moves and Dynamaxing being complete crapshoot guesses as to which Pokemon on your opponent's team will use them, but Tera is kinda in a league all of its own.

Now, not only do you have to guess which opponent's Pokemon is going to Tera, but you also have to play around just what they're going to Tera into, which means you basically have to plan for every one of your opponet's Pokemon just randomly being one of eighteen different types out of the blue.

VGC shows your opponent's Tera type afaik, so having this kind of info publicly available would be a good start.

But then you got **** like Regieleki, Chi Yu and Annihilape where regardless, the mechanic is just crazily broken.

Top Bottom