• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Ouch. This does not look promising for a film that was supposed and claimed to be "the best superhero film ever."
Ah, victory

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Ouch. This does not look promising for a film that was supposed and claimed to be "the best superhero film ever."
Zaslav to Dwayne Johnson
1687018688265.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I guess I can go in depth with the The Flash. I calmed down a bit, but if for whatever reason you want to watch it, here's my comprehensive thoughts:

• I actually did like Keaton Batman and Sasha Calle Supergirl. Batman was the only character that actually did **** in the movie, and Supergirl ironically had a more compelling story than the Flash.
  • The ending scene with Barry and his mom was actually pretty touching. I liked it.
  • Disegarding their off the camera actions, I could not stand Ezra's Flash, in particular the 18 year old Flash who actively made the movie so much worse. On that note, The Flash barely did any Flash stuff, the Barry we followed through the DCEU loses his powers and doesn't regain them until the end of the movie, and the 18 year old Flash does jack **** except laugh annoyingly the entire time.
  • CGI was horrible. We all saw it, so enough said.
  • Humor was ass, ironically, putting the baby in a microwave was the funniest scene in the movie.
  • I think my biggest gripe was the wasted potential this movie has. The main gist is that The Flash saves his mom, but that causes a complete alternate timeline. He meets his 18 year old self, transfers his power to the young him by a freak accident, losing his own. Zod comes back and looks for the Man of Steel, but turns out there is no Justice League besides Keaton Batman. The Barry's track down Keaton Batman for answers, where they find a Kryptonian pod hidden away. Batman (cause the Flash did nothing) saves Supergirl who is the only one that can stop Zod. It doesn't get much better, Supergirl decides she doesn't want to be a part of the plot anymore and leaves, while Zod just does **** all because he has like 5 minutes of screentime despite being the main villian. Old Barry gets his powers back, They confront Zod, and Supergirl remembers she's a poorly written character and her main purpose is to get killed by Zod, so she dies. Batman remembers that this isn't his movie, and kills himself. The Flashes go back in time and save them, only for them to die again 5 minutes later. The constant time travel rips space-time, and some Old ass Flash who was at the beginning for like 5 seconds tells them they destroyed everything, so old Barry has to let his mom die to fix it all. He does, movie ends. All of this, aka the main plot, is like 25 minutes worth of the movie. The rest of it is being mobbed by godawful jokes and abhorrent CGI. Zod has like 8 lines in the whole movie, so there was no looming threat, and Supergirl can be removed and nothing changes because her entire character is just to die to Zod. The Flash does absolutely nothing until the last 10 minutes, and there's only 3 action scenes in the whole film. The moral was you gotta move on from tragedy, but don't let it bring you down, which is fine if it didn't deliever it in the most confusing way possible, amd there was almost zero payoff the whole film since he just resents everything back to normal.

Yeah, nit the worst film in the world, but it's still pretty sucky. I'd skip this one unless you're a hardcore DC fanatic

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My brain is breaking trying to comprehend what kind of relationship the new DCU will have with the old one.

Like obviously they're gonna keep the James Gunn Suicide Squad stuff because he's in charge and his stuff are actually well liked, and they're obviously gonna recast Superman and probably Flash, but considering Aquaman 2 supposedly takes place post-Flash I'm genuinely confused as to what it means for him, Shazam, and Wonder Woman. Also, the ending of The Flash implies that George Clooney is gonna be the new Batman is one hell of a risk if true, for multiple reasons but especially now that the film is bombing at the box office.

idk it feels like they're trying to have their cake and eat it too with this reboot. I ultimately do trust James Gunn but it's all so confusing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Jondolio

Smash Hero

It's not looking good at the box office
Both Disney and Warner Bros losing money at the box office actually brings me great satisfaction

D

Deleted member

Hey people, hopefully ya'll are doing well and healthy.

I'm currently at a rural house of my father's family celebrating the birthday of my uncle from my father's side, while It is being tough for me to interact and have conversations due to... Certain stuff which happened yesterday, I am having a very good time.

Ate a lot of sweets and some potato omelettes, the cake was delicious, there's a lot of vegetation around the house which is cool, even played on the Switch with my little cousins some matches in Smash Bros and the arcade version of Turtles In Time from the Cowabunga Collection.

So yeah, while overall I still feel kinda weird, I do feel quite decently compared to yesterday, so that's an improvement at least.

Really excited to play Sonic Origins Plus too next week, already have the money for It. Looking forward to sharing stuff from the game here with ya'll :)

That's all for now, will go with my cousins to try and play some games with them. Good day everyone!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Celebrities: The Flash is the best superhero movie ever
The Flash: gets bad Word of Mouth and underperforms at the box office
They were trying to pull their own #MorbiusSweep, but unfortunately for them Ezra thinks "It's Flashin' Time" means...something else...

osby

Smash Obsessed
My brain is breaking trying to comprehend what kind of relationship the new DCU will have with the old one.

Like obviously they're gonna keep the James Gunn Suicide Squad stuff because he's in charge and his stuff are actually well liked, and they're obviously gonna recast Superman and probably Flash, but considering Aquaman 2 supposedly takes place post-Flash I'm genuinely confused as to what it means for him, Shazam, and Wonder Woman. Also, the ending of The Flash implies that George Clooney is gonna be the new Batman is one hell of a risk if true, for multiple reasons but especially now that the film is bombing at the box office.

idk it feels like they're trying to have their cake and eat it too with this reboot. I ultimately do trust James Gunn but it's all so confusing
This is all to retain the spirit of DC comic book reboots.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah yes superhero comic books which are not at all notorious for being intimidating to newcomers with too many details from past issues
Yes, that's why DC keeps rebooting their main universe in a way that meshes pre-reboot and brand-new content in a way that makes no coherent sense: so that it's equally confusing and unappealing to both newcomers and old fans.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Disney will look at this and say something like: "3D Animation is the problem. Pixar must now only make live-action movies with CGI-animated characters."
thought you was finna say “Pixar must now only make movies look like Spider-Verse”
Yes, that's why DC keeps rebooting their main universe in a way that meshes pre-reboot and brand-new content in a way that makes no coherent sense: so that it's equally confusing and unappealing to both newcomers and old fans.
and those reboots are always hella annoying, especially since the current revamp was meant for Teen Titans, the new generation of heroes, and of course…Black “The Rock” Adam
WB releasing Black Adam, Shazam 2, and
The Flash back to back to back
View attachment 373457
possibly gonna be the same for Blue Beetle and Aquaman…DC might need to throw in Joker and every single DC Elseworlds project out there as soon as possible to recover a bit

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How to get into Spider-Man comics: Well you can start with Amazing Spider-Man #69, not to be confused with Spider-Man #69...

How to get into One Piece: Chapter 1 bro

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…I don’t think this show is gonna have much of a lifespan

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I was going to make some comment about Comic book reading length but then I Realized that I am literally using this image

to read a comic run...

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was going to make some comment about Comic book reading length but then I Realized that I am literally using this image

to read a comic run...
the buildup was honestly worth it tbh…just wish Marvel didn’t **** up post Secret Wars (and post Hickman X-Men as well)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
…I don’t think this show is gonna have much of a lifespan
"It's not even your language anyway. It was given to you by colonizers."
Spoken like a true white person

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
…wanted Darren Criss tbh, but I can work with these options

I think David Corenswet will be Superman, and Nicholas Hoult will end up being Lex Luthor

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can we go back to talking about fun things?
I mean there's not much else to discuss, the game showcases over the past week have been boring (and a good chunk of this place doesn't own non-Nintendo consoles), and Nintendo hasn't done anything since Zelda so we're gonna gravitate torwards discussing movies that just came out yesterday.

Is there something you want to discuss?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean there's not much else to discuss, the game showcases over the past week have been boring (and a good chunk of this place doesn't own non-Nintendo consoles), and Nintendo hasn't done anything since Zelda so we're gonna gravitate torwards discussing movies that just came out yesterday.

Is there something you want to discuss?
I don’t know. It’s just constantly hearing about Disney failing at Latino representation and how bad the flash movie is bums me out….

Sonic Superstars looks fun.

Top Bottom