• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Reddit's hiking up the API price for 3rd party things, including stuff like automoderator.

In protest, a ton of Subreddits decided to basically close their doors and private themselves.

It did not work and Reddit basically said "Yeah we don't care. If you keep this up we're going to force you back open."
The Reddit admins are increasing the price of their API so many subreddits did a blackout as a protest

This did not work because it was only 2 days, and they announced it would only be 2 days which was a surefire way to have them ignore it.

:ultgreninja:
Thanks, I have no idea what this means

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks, I have no idea what this means
Ya know the thing Twitter did? The whole "We're making it so the API costs way more", they're doing that.

Basically, it's a way for things like bots to access Reddit and be managed on the backend, like an Automoderator. Without it, it'd mean basically moderation would entirely fall onto human hands, which would in some cases be an enormous workload for basically a group of unpaid folk.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ya know the thing Twitter did? The whole "We're making it so the API costs way more", they're doing that.

Basically, it's a way for things like bots to access Reddit and be managed on the backend, like an Automoderator. Without it, it'd mean basically moderation would entirely fall onto human hands, which would in some cases be an enormous workload for basically a group of unpaid folk.
Also also, mods use APIs because mod tools are broken af on the app so it straight up becomes unusable for them. All so Reddit can get more ad revenue. It's gonna be more akin to Tumblr's mass exodus if anything which means Twitter will be infested with bigots, Tumblr refugees, and NOW Redditors! Thanks Spez!

Shroob

Sup?
Also also, mods use APIs because mod tools are broken af on the app so it straight up becomes unusable for them. All so Reddit can get more ad revenue. It's gonna be more akin to Tumblr's mass exodus if anything which means Twitter will be infested with bigots, Tumblr refugees, and NOW Redditors! Thanks Spez!
Elon's master plan all along....

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh great, so it's more Batman TAS but even more explicitly for adults, can't w-

Bruce Timm’s odd Bruce X Barbara fetish is the only thing that holds him back when it comes to strictly Batman related content
Wonder who's voicing Batman this time, or if Kevin Conroy managed to get some work in before he passed.
Either Jensen Ackles (Tommorowverse Batman), Bruce Greenwood (Under the Red Hood, Young Justice, and Death in the Family), or Troy Baker (Lego Batman, Telltale Batman, and the Batman/TMNT crossover) would suit this new Batman fine tbh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out Bruce Timm drew some batbaiting adult art…most of which don’t go too far, but there’s this one with Batman and Harley that got me understanding why he’s not always allowed to go all out on certain aspects of the Batlife

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The games for the retro games tournaments at the gaming convention I'm going to have finally been posted:
  • Pokémon Puzzle League
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II (Original)
  • Balloon Fight
  • Mortal Kombat II
  • Smash Remix (having a mod is an interesting move)
  • Crash Team Racing

I actually won the 2018 Balloon Fight tournament from the same convention and I'm going to claim that title again!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the new Disney show Primos is getting nothing but a ***** load of hate
also this

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Super Amy doesn't turn yellow.

View attachment 373374

Glad she's in tho
Yeah. It does kind of make Amy feel inferior compared to the other Hedgehogs since she gets the same kind of super form as Tails and Knuckles. But eh, still nice that it’s a thing we have know.

Can’t wait to see people get the super emeralds with her in Sonic 3 and get Hyper Amy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another background I did, this one was for a Tekken piece.

Also, I finally picked up Mario 3D World again, I've been playing games a bit more recently this year. Mostly been PS2 games though, like Ghost Rider, Budokai 3 and I-Ninja. Since I pretty much beat all of those I went back to Mario 3D World, mostly playing as Luigi and Peach, and a little bit as Mario. Cleaned up some of the stars I was missing too, but that literally only 1 in the Plessie level, so far I got every Star at like 80+. So I just need to keep that up till I at least get Rosalina.

So I did the World 1 boss through the first like 2 or 3 stages of World 4, didn't take long since the stages are pretty short. But the amount of times I mess up my depth perception is probably higher than it should be.

Also messed around with the SNES Online stuff and found out how BUSTED Mizuguchi's Tatsu is in Fighter's History. You can really unga-bunga with him in that game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
the new Disney show Primos is getting nothing but a ***** load of hate
also this
You know what would be a good angle for a Toy Story sequel at this point? Another kid who has the same toys but they aren’t the same people. Like a different kid with a different Buzz and a different Woody who all have different personalities because multiples of the same toy exist.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Toy Story 5?

Bruh the cow is milked to ****, leave it alone.
bright side is you can use those emotions to watch Primos
You know what would be a good angle for a Toy Story sequel at this point? Another kid who has the same toys but they aren’t the same people. Like a different kid with a different Buzz and a different Woody who all have different personalities because multiples of the same toy exist.
poor current girl never stood a chance for a trilogy

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...Catherine and Shamir not being together is still one of the most crazy support moves for Three Houses to have made

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
Funny thing is, Tumblr is actually getting a lot of migrants from Twitter for a while as Musk's policies made them run away back and now Redditors are also doing the same.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I really wish I had a picture, but I was working at the theater again, and The Flash was somewhat busy. Well I walk in, and it's the infamous slowdown scene at the hospital, and this lady had the funniest reaction when The Flash put the baby in the microwave. I was internally dying of laughter but you know, gotta do my job.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Still wish more superhero games got to push their aesthetics like Ultimate Spider-Man did. Having Cel-Shaded costumes are neat like the Arkham and Insomniac games, but I feel like they don't hit the same if the world they inhabit are still tied to slightly stylized realism.

First day on the job

Got paid to sit there and watch three hours of training videos

Good times
First days are usually like that.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Have y’all seen that B3313 hack for Super Mario 64?

It seems pretty cool from what I’ve played so far, but after I stopped playing it, I got this wary feeling. Nothing I saw is really scary, just creepy or sorta dark at most imo, yet I still got a bit creeped out. Shouldn’t have played it at night I guess, it’s still really fun though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Feel like BB depends of word of mouth that allows it to stay steady for it's run. Quantumania straight up fell off a cliff despite doing very good opening weekend.
Toku twitter is gonna shill hard for Jaime, we love physical suits which we're getting and we love dumb **** like what he did with that sword, toku fans are starving for this **** in the west

Jondolio

Smash Hero
also this
I hope Disney burns to the ground
Toku twitter is gonna shill hard for Jaime, we love physical suits which we're getting and we love dumb ** like what he did with that sword, toku fans are starving for this ** in the west
With all due respect, you guys are a pretty niche group and I don't know much influence you have

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I like Jaime as a character and both his suit and actor look like they were ripped out of the books. I don't go to theaters that often, but still, I hope it'll at least make more people enjoy the character.

I don't particularly care about getting into a pissing contest for movies in terms of cash money, but obviously a good movie deserves success and hopefully Blue Beetle can achieve both.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I like Jaime as a character and both his suit and actor look like they were ripped out of the books. I don't go to theaters that often, but still, I hope it'll at least make more people enjoy the character.

I don't particularly care about getting into a pissing contest for movies in terms of cash money, but obviously a good movie deserves success and hopefully Blue Beetle can achieve both.
Tbh the only reason I care about box office numbers is because I like to see capitalist hubris catch up with studios.

Examples include whenever a Disney or DC movie bombs. Like, Black Adam failing was hilarious because of how much they built him up as the new face of the franchise and The Flash potentially bombing would be extra hilarious because Zaslav was banking on it being a mega hit and he generated so much bad will towards WBD.

Now with Blue Beetle I'm actually on the fence because I do think it could potentially be good, but I also don't think it'll make much money considering how little advertising it's gotten, how relatively unknown the character is, and DC's general losing streak since last year. It's gonna live or die by word of mouth and that's very much dependent on the film's quality

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Ouch. This does not look promising for a film that was supposed and claimed to be "the best superhero film ever."

Last edited:
Top Bottom