• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I'd appreciate not being tagged.

Not because I don't want to he spoiled, but because I'm not interested in the movie
Will keep you in mind then when I make the post.

Gonna add a note on my phone as well so I don't forget to not tag you.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ah I remember when Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott were revealed.

Gamers hated them. Complained they were "too cute". Complained that starters used to be cool like Charizard and Blastoise (note how they compared unevolved forms to evolved ones).

And thus the genwunners were born.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ah I remember when Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott were revealed.

Gamers hated them. Complained they were "too cute". Complained that starters used to be cool like Charizard and Blastoise (note how they compared unevolved forms to evolved ones).

And thus the genwunners were born.
We've moved past the point where late twenty-somethings are the loudest voices in the fandom, young adults who were kids at the time are dominating the conversation now (including me!).

But man, I remember when genwunners ruled the world.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have a question to the people of the thread:

So I am going to the Deadpool & Wolverine premiere on my island on July 24th, and as usual I plan to post my review of the movie after watching it.

However, since It is a premiere and the movie won't be out over at the USA, the rest of America and maybe other European countries... I was wondering if ya'll would be fine with me tagging some trusted people on my review post or would rather not get tagged?

Keep in mind I would still put my review under a spoiler bar as usual, so in theory It should be fine for people who don't want to be spoiled.
Do not tag me

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The autistic anime fan experience. I'm so glad it's good with season 2 on the way, we've got the good **** coming
Laios's special interests are monsters (so video game enemies) and food, therefore just like me fr

And I think it's super wholesome how Falin is also autistic and thinks her brother's special interests are epic

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I can’t remember a single time a pokemon game went on sale.

In my life.

Pocket Monsters is a bougie series.
Weird, here in Gran Canaria they go on sale quite frequently.

Got Pokémon Shield for 30 bucks almost at launch for example

Shroob

Sup?
Ronald Regan is still alive in the Smiling Friends world.

That means he'd be over 110 years old

I'm not saying he's the devil, but the Boondocks taught me otherwise.

Noipoi

Howdy!
you ever just listen to this song every once and a while and just get mollywhopped that they haven’t used this villain in like two games
Like what the **** he might be one of the best conceptual villains of nintendos and there just like nah bro ****ing tikis are the way to go

I miss my thespian croc
Nintendo just straight up didn’t understand that people really liked and missed the Kremlings.

At this point they have to know, though whether or not they’ll actually bring K Rool and his Krew back remains to be seen.

I guess we’ll find out when they make a new DK game in 25 years

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It's ok, your friend may just be an Atlus fan
They don't actually play video games, they just wanted to get back into Pokémon and didn't want to pay an extra 30 bucks for more content.

That's actually fair now that I'm saying it like that but it's also extremely selfish because they were speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't own any of the games

Noipoi

Howdy!
They don't actually play video games, they just wanted to get back into Pokémon and didn't want to pay an extra 30 bucks for more content.

That's actually fair now that I'm saying it like that but it's also extremely selfish because they were speaking from the perspective of someone who doesn't own any of the games
From what I can tell most of the people who want third versions back are the people who wouldn’t buy the first versions when they launched, but instead would wait for the third version a year or two later.

And that was a solid strategy back in the day, but for the people who did buy the original games (so most people) it was always a little weird when they’d ask $40 for the same exact game but slightly better.

Basically I’m glad they ditched that template and are making dlc instead. Works out better for most of us.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
Nintendo just straight up didn’t understand that people really liked and missed the Kremlings.

At this point they have to know, though whether or not they’ll actually bring K Rool and his Krew back remains to be seen.

I guess we’ll find out when they make a new DK game in 25 years
the returns hd port did kinda bummed me out when it was revealed,because to me it basically confirmed no new donkey Kong on switch.
I was fiending for that king k roll revival tour ( side note if his disguise to return was some kind of Rocker Rool with a revival tour theme it would go absurdly hard to me)

I assume it’s because retro was busy with Metroid and that’s fair and I’m sure I can wait but damn I was riding the high off of the ultimate reveal

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
100% Metroid Fusion again. Still goated.

I feel bad for using a guide towards the end but my old ass can't remember every single wall to bomb to find stuff.
Tbh Metroid games were always a massive hassle to do that with, Fusion and Zero Mission especially, I only ever bothered doing 100% with the MercurySteam games

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Had to take one of my emergency medicines because (content warning) I started having suicidal thoughts due to something which happened IRL last night and my fears of people online thinking I am the worst and seeing me as a toxic creep

First time in months I had these thoughts, praying It doesn't happen again because It isn't a pretty thing to go through.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Had to take one of my emergency medicines because (content warning) I started having suicidal thoughts due to something which happened IRL last night and my fears of people online thinking I am the worst and seeing me as a toxic creep

First time in months I had these thoughts, praying It doesn't happen again because It isn't a pretty thing to go through.
Take it easy brother

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Take it easy brother
Thanks Noi, will try to get through this slowly but surely.

If I still feel weird tomorrow, I may not go to my little cousins's birthday family party. Mostly because I don't want to get weird there and ruin the good moment for everyone. But let's hope that isn't the case

Top Bottom