• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
From all these merch images it's looking like Shadow's the only new anthropomorphic animal in this film, that's a shame

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_2024-07-06-18-08-07-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Thought the stuff on Sonic's and Shadow's heads were a crown and a tiara and for a moment got excited thinking we were gonna get some sort of wedding with them, be It as a prank or part of some convoluted plot.

... Then I found out that It was the transparent plastic covering their heads and got back to the sad reality

D

Deleted member

There's less people on the party now so the little kids are finally opening themselves towards the guests which is cool.

Was finally able to take out the LEGO sets I brought for them and got to watch with my little cousins Tare and Luis X-Men '97:
Screenshot_2024-07-06-18-36-40-23_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From all these merch images it's looking like Shadow's the only new anthropomorphic animal in this film, that's a shame
Probably but one of them might be getting saved for merch after the film.

Or at the very least they may have left one till the post credit to focus on the main cast and their characterization more.

osby

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 392001
Thought the stuff on Sonic's and Shadow's heads were a crown and a tiara and for a moment got excited thinking we were gonna get some sort of wedding with them, be It as a prank or part of some convoluted plot.

... Then I found out that It was the transparent plastic covering their heads and got back to the sad reality
The wedding scene in Sonic 2 was too powerful and it scared execs off.

D

Deleted member

The wedding scene in Sonic 2 was too powerful and it scared execs off.
You know how people used to trash on Iron Man 3, Mario VS Donkey Kong, Fortnite and so and then a few years later people were like "Oh, this wasn't that bad actually. Good even".

Praying the same happens to the Sonic 2 wedding scene and Dial Of Destiny

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You know how people used to trash on Iron Man 3, Mario VS Donkey Kong, Fortnite and so and then a few years later people were like "Oh, this wasn't that bad actually. Good even".

Praying the same happens to the Sonic 2 wedding scene and Dial Of Destiny
I’ve stood by since day one, that the wedding scene was funny as hell.

It’s over the top and feels right at home with the shenanigans Sonic typically gets into with human characters in other media.

The human characters are fine in this story and Sonic’s been paired besides them several times prior and it just made sense. It’s to balance the otherworldly aspects by grounding them to human connections. Something that serves their characterizations of the main cast very well, and gives them motivation on their quest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
They're gonna have the unfunny bumbling cop remind Shadow of Maria's wish and I will walk out the theater and deem it abyss fiction.
I'm gonna be real, one of my first thoughts about how the movies would handle Shadow's development is the little girl who gave Sonic his shoes being a stand in for Amy in SA2. Shadow's story is about the death of a young girl, what better way to handle it than having another young girl that's already part of the movies? I think the actress might be a teenager now so that means she can fit Maria's age better too assuming they keep the same actress. Idk, it seems obvious to have Shadow terrify the **** out of a kid to make him think of how scared Maria must have been in her final moments, realizing his selfdestructive fit of rage will just hurt people the same way he was hurt.

Yapping aside Shadow looks exactly how he should which is good. Just need to see that trailer people got a sneak preview for. And the Sonadow gens animation that should be today

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I really don't get the hate of the wedding scene.

If you told me It was like the CIA agent scenes in Wakanda Forever which didn't add much and happened with awful timing, sure I'd understand the complaints.

But I feel Sonic 2 had a great balance between the human side and the Sonic side of the plot, and they both satisfyingly mix up near the end. There wasn't a moment in the movie where I was like "can we return to Sonic and crew already?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ve always found most of the human stuff in these movies corny, and not that funny. I find myself checking the watch I don’t wear just waiting for more Sonic stuff to happen. And I get it, they need something for the uninterested parents to watch and to save on animating those little furry ********, but still.

Glad other people seem to like it, though. That’s radical.

D

Deleted member

Nah I got it from twitter, there's an Anime expo, if you're there for the Sonadow expo, you get this poster. Cool to see Omega but I'm pleasantly surprised to see a Gizoid for the first time since Chronicles. Or IDW but, y'know, in game
Oh, I see. Asked because I really wanted to see if the anime Expo had any LEGO merch or showcase to check out.

The main convention in my island tends to have LEGO stuff, so yeah.

And yeah, seeing Gizoids back is so cool ☺

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have any other ideas I could add to my character? To make her a bit more unique?
Do you plan the setting to be original as well?

If so, look around yourself on the street, see what people are doing, the way they talk, their kind of clothing... See the world around you and start creating background characters in what I call the SpongeBob style (that being giving personality traits and names to each so they can be common place in your stories and make the whole place feel alive).

As for the world itself, creativity goes a long way with this? Do you want an island which is filled with vegetation, rural towns, a main city and beaches? Do you want an average city setting? Or a Lost City hidden within the depths of the jungle? There's a lot of cool ideas anyone can come up with.
Once you have the world of your character and the people surrounding them... Ask yourself this: does this character want to change something about their world? Which goals do they wanna achieve? What is their drive? What is the first thing they do when seeing anyone in any sort of small or big problem?

Basically, to create a main character you feel comfortable with... Think of what they want to do or achieve in their world. And from there, you can start developing their personality from traits such as their dreams, their hobbies, the media they enjoy and so on.

Top Bottom