• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too.

I actually think it’d be cool if they parallel what happened in XY with the Kanto starters. So you start the game with a starter from another region, and later on you get to pick a Kalos starter who has a mega.
We're gonna see a new generation of fans complain about "Greninja pandering" in that case.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Some people think the starters in Legends Z-A will be another set of mixed starters, like in Legends Arceus.

Some people think it’ll just be the Kalos starters again but with megas.

View attachment 392028

What do YOU think?
Probably the Kalos starters, maybe with Megas.

Hisui was an underdeveloped region when it comes to Pokémon while the Legend Z-A trailer suggests the time period and bonds with Pokémon are far more developed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some people think the starters in Legends Z-A will be another set of mixed starters, like in Legends Arceus.

Some people think it’ll just be the Kalos starters again but with megas.

View attachment 392028

What do YOU think?
Like other people have said, I think the best thing to do is what the original game did. The starters you get are Kalosian forms of three other regions starters and later on you get access to the Kalos starter trio and they have Megas.

Also I'm not one of those people who thinks they have to do Kalosian Forms OR Mega Forms. Like... SwSh had regional forms AND G-Max Forms. It's not impossible.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Probably the Kalos starters, maybe with Megas.

Hisui was an underdeveloped region when it comes to Pokémon while the Legend Z-A trailer suggests the time period and bonds with Pokémon are far more developed.
The one issue I have with that theory is, in a gameplay level, the Kalos starters will be in the game anyway. So why not have the starters be a selection of Pokemon that wouldn’t be in the game otherwise, like Snivy?

And we all know if it’s the Kalos starters everyone will just pick Greninja again while ignoring the other two. Second verse, same as the first :nifty:

Like other people have said, I think the best thing to do is what the original game did. The starters you get are Kalosian forms of three other regions starters and later on you get access to the Kalos starter trio and they have Megas.

Also I'm not one of those people who thinks they have to do Kalosian Forms OR Mega Forms. Like... SwSh had regional forms AND G-Max Forms. It's not impossible.
I actually agree with this. I see a lot of people thinking we just won’t get any regional forms and while that’s a possibility I also feel it betrays a narrow minded perspective.

SwSh had regional forms and G-Max forms, as you said. And S/V had regional forms, cross gen evolutions and a bunch of Paradox Pokémon. So it’s not like it has to be one or the other.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The one issue I have with that theory is, in a gameplay level, the Kalos starters will be in the game anyway. So why not have the starters be a selection of Pokemon that wouldn’t be in the game otherwise, like Snivy?

And we all know if it’s the Kalos starters everyone will just pick Greninja again while ignoring the other two. Second verse, same as the first :nifty:

I actually agree with this. I see a lot of people thinking we just won’t get any regional forms and while that’s a possibility I also feel it betrays a narrow minded perspective.

SwSh had regional forms and G-Max forms, as you said. And S/V had regional forms, cross gen evolutions and a bunch of Paradox Pokémon. So it’s not like it has to be one or the other.
Lockstin reminded me that FIFA is french and the french really love soccer so I think the starter trio will be Empoleon, Snivy, and Scorbunny.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lockstin reminded me that FIFA is french and the french really love soccer so I think the starter trio will be Empoleon, Snivy, and Scorbunny.
I think this trio makes the most sense, but I've heard some good evidence for some other options and I know to expect curveballs at this point, so I've got a few other trios pinned down as well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If legends Z-A wanted to be really cool, they would make the starters three random pokemon.

That all evolve into new megas.

Id go a step further and say go crazy, tie into the Zygarde lore with three dragon starters.

Bagon, frigibax, and jang-omo

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
John Cena just announced that he’s retiring at WrestleMania 41 next year…I am going to miss him once he does

Greatest of All Time
oh **** he extended his stay to December 2025 thank god

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk if Pokémon from outside Kalis’s regional Dex will even be in the game (I know Hisui did but Sinnoh has a MUCH smaller regional Pokédex than Kalos), but I would love it if Hatterene were in the game so I could possibly get Mega Hatterene. Honestly that’s probably my favorite Pokemon outside of the Eevees.

Shroob

Sup?
Idk if Pokémon from outside Kalis’s regional Dex will even be in the game (I know Hisui did but Sinnoh has a MUCH smaller regional Pokédex than Kalos), but I would love it if Hatterene were in the game so I could possibly get Mega Hatterene. Honestly that’s probably my favorite Pokemon outside of the Eevees.
They kinda have to tbh.

The Elemental Monkeys and Patrat line have zero Switch titles where you can even use them on. They're stuck in Pokemon Home otherwise.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I need to catch up with the live-action Sonic movies. I've only played a few games in the series but outside of some occasional complaints about the human characters, I've heard almost nothing but good things about the films.

On the note of video game movie adaptations, I'm kinda hoping that we get more information on the Iron Lung movie soon.

It'd be sick if it released in time for Halloween.

Shroob

Sup?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
"I mean, it's very much not great but what's soo bad about th---"

"It's based on a Ben 10 AU that's NSFW"

I'm just going to consider myself lucky I haven't come across that on the Yugioh subreddit.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's not a French thing, it's called being European.

And a bread Pokemon. And a patty Pokemon.

With special gimmick abilities where if you send them all out in a triple battle they fuse into a burger.
A bread Pokemon? What a ludicrous concept! Thankfully, we'll only ever have bread buns.

1720334362599.png

Top Bottom