• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Actually, if we do get a southern US (like Alabama, Louisiana, Missisippi, Florida) Pokemon region, here's what I'd hope/expect:

American Football Pokemon
Water type Gumbo for the food mon
Gator version exclusive
Crocodile version exclusive
Caiman mon
Ghost type based off Mardi Gras
Cowboy if they want to do Texas (imo, Texas is big enough to be it's own region)
Mahi Mahi
Grizzly mon
Salamander mon
Spider Mon. Maybe a black widow
Hmm.....if I were to do a Pokemon region based upon Wales:
  • Daffodil Pokemon (as a version exclusive)
  • Leek Pokemon (as a version exclusive)
  • A Harp Pokemon
  • A Pokemon based upon a Lovespoon
  • A legendary Pokemon based upon a dragon (as a version exclusive)
  • A legendary Pokemon based upon a lion from Owain Glyndŵr's banner (as a version exclusive)
  • A rugby based Pokemon
  • Legendary Knight and Wizard Pokemons based upon Welsh knights and wizards.
  • A red kite Pokemon

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Hmm.....if I were to do a Pokemon region based upon Wales:
  • Daffodil Pokemon (as a version exclusive)
  • Leek Pokemon (as a version exclusive)
  • A Harp Pokemon
  • A Pokemon based upon a Lovespoon
  • A legendary Pokemon based upon a dragon (as a version exclusive)
  • A legendary Pokemon based upon a lion from Owain Glyndŵr's banner (as a version exclusive)
  • A rugby based Pokemon
  • Legendary Knight and Wizard Pokemons based upon Welsh knights and wizards.
  • A red kite Pokemon
What about a Pokémon based on Nia Xenoblade Chronicles 2? :4pacman:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well, I am not trying to sound angry when I said this, but that was back then, first of all. That said, I am pretty sure you were NOT being the better person here at all. Based on what I read about Jotade's posts, I think you were exaggerating the victim card, smear campaign and hissy fits he did, even if you truly did not do what he said you did, which I don't care about here, by the way. While he may not have improved completely as of now, I have seen his posts still as better than what you described, and that was after the response you made. I may not know completely about the posts he made before his post and your response to it, but I also do not care about that. Being mean, and (maybe) borderline bullying to another person who is sensitive, autistic and all is not okay, especially since you told him to "shove it" at the end. In fact, it does not help that your friend, who is supposed to be retired, made that nasty message to Jotade, and made it the way he did probably because you exaggerated some of the details to him. I may not know the full details, but I do not think how you handled it was any better or even okay. In fact, I am sure that while he may not be the best socially, Jotade is better than you made him out to be.

I am not saying you should apologize to him, at all, but to me, that was not cool.
Buddy you can believe what you wanna believe, but you don’t know how he behaved on Discord towards my friend and several others on that server, and many of us there are autistic and sensitive too, including myself. You think it’s okay for him to be mean to me in his original post? And I didn’t ask my friend to DM for me, he experienced firsthand the stunts Jotadé pulled on multiple Discord servers and had his own grievances, all I did was link the original post he made about me.

You wanna disregard remarks just because they were made back then. Did you forget that the DM he brought up just yesterday WAS from three months ago? After being back and posting for almost a month now, what reason would Jotadé have to bring that up right now? If he has made improvements to himself then good on him, but even if his posts between then and yesterday show it, seeing that recent post comes across to me as him fishing for sympathy and I’m having a hard time believing he’s improved that much since this isn’t the first time.

I may have been somewhat tactless then and even now, but honestly I don’t care about being the better person here, I wasn’t gonna let him get away with lying to everyone and smearing me because I wasn’t interested in engaging with him after what he did. I considered him a friend but he crossed too many lines and my patience wore thin. I would’ve been happy to put this behind us, but that post shows me he can’t let go of the past and I’m tired of getting into this constant cycle.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Buddy you can believe what you wanna believe, but you don’t know how he behaved on Discord towards my friend and several others on that server, and many of us there are autistic and sensitive too, including myself. You think it’s okay for him to be mean to me in his original post? And I didn’t ask my friend to DM for me, he experienced firsthand the stunts Jotadé pulled on multiple Discord servers and had his own grievances, all I did was link the original post he made about me.

You wanna disregard remarks just because they were made back then. Did you forget that the DM he brought up just yesterday WAS from three months ago? After being back and posting for almost a month now, what reason would Jotadé have to bring that up right now? If he has made improvements to himself then good on him, but even if his posts between then and yesterday show it, seeing that recent post comes across to me as him fishing for sympathy and I’m having a hard time believing he’s improved that much since this isn’t the first time.

I may have been somewhat tactless then and even now, but honestly I don’t care about being the better person here, I wasn’t gonna let him get away with lying to everyone and smearing me because I wasn’t interested in engaging with him after what he did. I considered him a friend but he crossed too many lines and my patience wore thin. I would’ve been happy to put this behind us, but that post shows me he can’t let go of the past and I’m tired of getting into this constant cycle.
I’mma just going to keep this short.

I wasn’t asking you to have sympathy for him. I didn’t even ask you to apologize.

I am just calling you out for how you handled it, as that could have been handled better. Some of the things you said to him were not even cool, regardless of if you wanted to be the better person or not.

Not to mention, he just got that message from your friend recently, it seems.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I’mma just going to keep this short.

I wasn’t asking you to have sympathy for him. I didn’t even ask you to apologize.

I am just calling you out for how you handled it, as that could have been handled better. Some of the things you said to him were not even cool, regardless of if you wanted to be the better person or not.

Not to mention, he just got that message from your friend recently, it seems.
Yeah I could’ve handled it better, but he could’ve as well. There was nothing stopping him from privately messaging me and sort things out. He chose that path to take and I responded in kind. He said he was planning to delete his account or read my responses to him anyway so I didn’t care back then.

And I know Jotadé didn’t just receive that message because my friend showed me he posted that the day we found out, unless he hasn’t checked his DMs until now.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah I could’ve handled it better, but he could’ve as well. There was nothing stopping him from privately messaging me and sort things out. He chose that path to take and I responded in kind. He said he was planning to delete his account or read my responses to him anyway so I didn’t care back then.

And I know Jotadé didn’t just receive that message because my friend showed me he posted that the day we found out, unless he hasn’t checked his DMs until now.
For the record, I am not saying he did not need to handle it better. In fact, I am sure he did, but if I saw the Discord stuff, you and I being different aside, I would not be as harsh myself and try to reason with him about things.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
For the record, I am not saying he did not need to handle it better. In fact, I am sure he did, but if I saw the Discord stuff, you and I being different aside, I would not be as harsh myself and try to reason with him about things.
Did you miss the part where he outright said he wasn’t going to respond to me and planning to delete his account? That didn’t exactly sound like an option I could’ve taken

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Happy week David Zaslav values more than the entire medium of animation.
The tiger shark (Galeocerdo cuvier)is a species of ground shark, and the only extant member of the genus Galeocerdo and family Galeocerdonidae. It is a large macropredator, with females capable of attaining a length of over 5 m (16 ft 5 in).Populations are found in many tropical and temperate waters, especially around central Pacific islands. Its name derives from the dark stripes down its body, which resemble a tiger's pattern, but fade as the shark matures.
1280px-Tiger_shark.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Did you miss the part where he outright said he wasn’t going to respond to me and planning to delete his account? That didn’t exactly sound like an option I could’ve taken
You said your patience wore thin, did you not? I have more patience for things like this, and that says a lot coming from me, in terms of waiting patience, not dealing with people patience. I did say you and I were different for a good reason here.

But anyway, I am only blaming you for your actions alone. I am not blaming you for Jotade's actions. I know it can be, and probably was frustrating for you. also know that Jotade is responsible for his actions, and apparently, he did not do so well with you. I also saw his going to respond thing and his saying he would delete his account.

If that is the reason you added him to your ignore list, then by all means, more power to you, but if I were involved in this, especially the Discord thing, which I don't use much outside of one channel, I would have been more patient with him and, at least on here, I would not let myself say things like "shove it" to him.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from the second day of the video game convention. Had a good time. Things I got there included a Smash 64 enamel pin, Metroid Prime Pinball, Super Princess Peach, and a 3DS flash cart (with some games preloaded).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do think this is unnecessary, but I feel like this needs to be said...

In response to what happened above, I apologize if I did or said some bad things in that conversation I had above here with the other guy. However, more importantly, I am sorry if you may have had to read all that. I hope the commotion that happened did not cause much trouble, shake things up and get on people's nerves here.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Happy week David Zaslav values more than the entire medium of animation.
Shark week has been going on for a long time before Zaslav was ever in charge of either channels or CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery.

It also largely exists to help spread scientific and biological information about a wide variety of shark species and other marine animals, in the former case helping bring a lot more information about them to public television and allowing far more people to learn a lot more about sharks than they likely would ever know otherwise. This also all happened after many years of multiple shark species suffering from mass hunting and killing, as well as the release of Jaws in 1975 making the general public far more fearful of them.

I still fail to see how Shark Week's existence is a problem or another "David Zaslav" thing.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not entirely sure, a common criticism I've seen of him is that his characters don't feel like they do anything outside of superheroing and Sentai is at it's best with low stakes imo, it helps flesh the cast out in ways Takahashi generally doesn't. That said I agree about the concern, if he's on this, then we have a full third of Reiwa written by him. If I got to pick a writer I want Build's back tbh
Build is my favorite Rider so I’d love to get that writer back but he seems like a one and done since he mostly does J-Drama and only did Build for his kids.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerdâ„¢
Currently installing Persona 4 Golden. I have owned this game on Steam since 2020 and I've been wanting to play it for a while, dunno if it will install in time for me to play it today tho
Yes its extremely based, life changing story tbh

just be prepared to grind a bit and for about a 60-80 hour story

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is the first time I've ever heard about people actually caring about Shark Week. At least people my age or younger. I thought it was just a thing for like... dads.

Don't get me wrong, I love me a good shark. But like... anything on Cartoon Network has more cultural significance than anything associated with Shark Week.

I do think it's funny how the Shark Week themed rift in Multiversus is about a bunch of crazy people who literally worship sharks. Best deconstruction of the whole phenomenon and how much Discovery values it compared to... like... anything WB has ever made, I've ever seen.

Top Bottom