• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Honestly there are multiple unnumbered Mario Kart games, including 4 arcade games and Live: Home Circuit, so it's already confusing.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Screenshot (36).png

Scarlet-Violet events for the rest of the summer. It's a lot to take in so I'll break it down :pikachu:

Tera Raid Battles:
7-Star Water Pikachu returns from July 12th to July 25th
7-Star Water Dondozo runs from July 26th to August 8th
Gimmighoul raids return from August 9th to August 22nd, with a heightened chance of a shiny appearing in 5-Star raids
7-Star Normal Dragonite runs from August 23rd to September 1st

Mass Outbreaks:
From July 12th to July 25th, Pichu will appear in Paldea, Pikachu & Mimikyu in Kitakami, and Raichu and Alolan Raichu in the Blueberry Academy
From July 26th to August 8th, Curly Tatsugiri will appear in Paldea, Droopy form in Kitakami, and Stretchy form in the Blueberry Academy
From August 9th to August 22nd, Wattrel will appear in Paldea, Riolu in Kitakami, and Comfey in the Blueberry Academy
From August 23rd to September 1st, Larvitar and Bagon will appear in Paldea, Goomy and Hisuian Sliggoo in Kitakami, and Beldum in the Blueberry Academy

phew

So with all this going down over the course of the next two months, it makes me wonder if there'll even be a Pokemon Presents any time soon. Maybe Legends Z-A really is a late 2025 game, and we won't see anything about it until next Pokemon Day in February.

Maybe it'd be a better thing in the long run, but in the moment...the fandom is gonna be going stir crazy for the rest of the year :202:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
View attachment 392074

Scarlet-Violet events for the rest of the summer. It's a lot to take in so I'll break it down :pikachu:

Tera Raid Battles:
Gimmighoul raids return from August 9th to August 22nd, with a heightened chance of a shiny appearing in 5-Star raids

Mass Outbreaks:
From July 12th to July 25th, Pichu will appear in Paldea, Pikachu & Mimikyu in Kitakami, and Raichu and Alolan Raichu in the Blueberry Academy
From July 26th to August 8th, Curly Tatsugiri will appear in Paldea, Droopy form in Kitakami, and Stretchy form in the Blueberry Academy
From August 9th to August 22nd, Wattrel will appear in Paldea, Riolu in Kitakami, and Comfey in the Blueberry Academy
From August 23rd to September 1st, Larvitar and Bagon will appear in Paldea, Goomy and Hisuian Sliggoo in Kitakami, and Beldum in the Blueberry Academy

phew

So with all this going down over the course of the next two months, it makes me wonder if there'll even be a Pokemon Presents any time soon. Maybe Legends Z-A really is a late 2025 game, and we won't see anything about it until next Pokemon Day in February.

Maybe it'd be a better thing in the long run, but in the moment...the fandom is gonna be going stir crazy for the rest of the year :202:
By higher shiny chance for the outbreaks, are they talking about when it's a base 0.5% chance?

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 392074

Tera Raid Battles:

Mass Outbreaks:

phew

Huh, Dondozo and Dragonite eh.

Didn't expect those.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Normal Dragonite? Is that a reference to the original TCG packs when Dragonite was a normal type? Probably not, but it's the first thing I thought of.

Edit: Extremespeed Dragonite. Oh god.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Normal Dragonite? Is that a reference to the original TCG packs when Dragonite was a normal type? Probably not, but it's the first thing I thought of.

Edit: Extremespeed Dragonite. Oh god.
Honestly think it's just because Normal is Dragonite's best Tera Type in Singles/Doubles.

Specifically because of Extremespeed lol.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Margot Robbie being pregnant has broken down millions of men

…I am not shocked tho ngl

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's cool that SV are still getting updates until next year at least. Normally the support would've falled off a cliff by now (yes I am still salty about Legends Arceus lasting like 6 months).

It also reminds me I haven't played the game since beating the DLC stories nor Tera-Raided. Maybe I should fix that.

Eventually

cashregister9

Smash Hero
More Gavv info

I think I kinda like the lollipop form, It is so ugly that it circles back to me liking it, The helmet just sucks. Potato Chip and Chocolate are good though

Hate the Marshmallow one, Michelin Man lookin' ass

Also a video of the Henshin Belt, because it is not called a Driver for some reason, I dig it though, looks like a combination of Build's and Ghost's

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Tumblr has some of the greatest Deadly Six fancontent I've ever seen.

As someone building her own lore around the Zeti, I regularly go to Tumblr to see what incredible things their fans there can come up with.

Now here's an epic shot of Zeena I found there.
1720406331354.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
This thread is seriously lacking in discussion of the most based Sonic characters

Let's fix that
View attachment 392084
Still a Zeena stan, if you can't tell...
IMG_9042.png

NONE OF THEM.

Alright gun to my head I guess Zazz is a little funny? They’re all lame as hell though.

But hey cool if you like em, don't let me rain on your parade.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
View attachment 392086

NONE OF THEM.

Alright gun to my head I guess Zazz is a little funny? They’re all lame as hell though.

But hey cool if you like em, don't let me rain on your parade.
Can't pretend I didn't see some slander coming lol

I just think they're really fun, lovable villains with endlessly quotable dialogue and quirky, silly designs that scratch my alien-loving brain.

Plus I've been designing my own lore surrounding them and their species so yeah I got attached.

And I still ship Zeena and Zor

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This thread is seriously lacking in discussion of the most based Sonic characters

Let's fix that
View attachment 392084
I swear you are the first person to have liked the Deadly Six.

I am indifferent to them but I have never really seen people express fondness for them.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I swear you are the first person to have liked the Deadly Six.

I am indifferent to them but I have never really seen people express fondness for them.
They definitely have their fans, but they don't come out of hiding often. Understandably so given how mean the Sonic fandom can be.

I've seen some banger art of them on Tumblr and DeviantART (though yeah, some cursed stuff was on the latter site too).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can't pretend I didn't see some slander coming lol

I just think they're really fun, lovable villains with endlessly quotable dialogue and quirky, silly designs that scratch my alien-loving brain.

Plus I've been designing my own lore surrounding them and their species so yeah I got attached.

And I still ship Zeena and Zor
I think the IDW comics handled them pretty well by treating them more like... forces of destruction with singular focuses. Plays to their strength of being... really basic archetypes. But Sonic Lost World itself... they're kind of annoying and Zena actively annoyed me with her 90's ass "girl is my personality trait" personality.

Let's fix that
View attachment 392084
I guess Zavok? He's the only one that feels like an interesting character... at all. And that's only slightly more than the rest of the Deadly Six. I mean, he's basically just like... "the Bowser and Ganondorf we have at home" but that's inherently more interesting than "Crazy", "Fat", "Sensei", "Emo", and "Girl".

I'm all for them getting more and better writing in the future. Heck, I unironically want to see Princess Elise come back. But as they are now... yeah they're not great.

StormC

Smash Hero
More Gavv info

I think I kinda like the lollipop form, It is so ugly that it circles back to me liking it, The helmet just sucks. Potato Chip and Chocolate are good though

Hate the Marshmallow one, Michelin Man lookin' ass

Also a video of the Henshin Belt, because it is not called a Driver for some reason, I dig it though, looks like a combination of Build's and Ghost's
I like the lollipop form because it reminds me of Maximum Gamer Level 99 from Ex-Aid:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I think the IDW comics handled them pretty well by treating them more like... forces of destruction with singular focuses. Plays to their strength of being... really basic archetypes. But Sonic Lost World itself... they're kind of annoying and Zena actively annoyed me with her 90's ass "girl is my personality trait" personality.

I guess Zavok? He's the only one that feels like an interesting character... at all. And that's only slightly more than the rest of the Deadly Six. I mean, he's basically just like... "the Bowser and Ganondorf we have at home" but that's inherently more interesting than "Crazy", "Fat", "Sensei", "Emo", and "Girl".

I'm all for them getting more and better writing in the future. Heck, I unironically want to see Princess Elise come back. But as they are now... yeah they're not great.
I'm also hoping for them to be brought back with better writing and a bigger role. The potential is definitely there.

And as for Zeena's personality...I actually think that over-the-top 90's-ass valley girl brat-ness is part of her appeal. I find that it makes her adorable and endearing. I'm a bit of a sucker for girly-girl characters personally (hi Caitlin Cooke)

Top Bottom