• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
English, I like not having to read so much and the performances are great for the most part (even Chie is okay, I'm just not a fan of the voice)
fair enough, I always play with japanese voices if avaliable

Adachi being the same VA as Yu in the EN dub is kinda annoying though, vastly prefer the japanese delivery and VA

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I always feel in dub v sub stuff that I’m never that good at attributing the meaning behind the exact tone of the words provided I always like to have the tangible meaning of words wrapped up in the story I’m consuming auditorially

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
No way Hoyo actually put a furry in their new game
20240708_183025.jpg

Just wrapped up my interview, think it went pretty good. I’ll have an answer by tomorrow.

They better hire me, I had to agree to touch spiders for these people :239:
Can you tell of of the spiders they are a good boy/girl for me? Thanks

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Canonicity issues aside, I'm going on a limb and say that the two Metroid mangas "Samus & Joey" and "EX: Samus & Joey" take place after Other M.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Outside of cases were dubs are genuinely really bad (out of objectively poor voice acting and/or inaccurate translations), I've never really understood the whole subs. vs dubs debate. With the few anime I've followed, at least I just watch dubs because so long as there's a good English translation available, I don't want to constantly look at the bottom or one specific part of the screen to read lines of text.

I don't mind watching subs of live-action movies since dubbing over real people is more difficult to mask enough for it to look natural, but with animation, yeah, I'd much rather watch a good dubbed version.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wish more Smash-likes copies Subspace Emmisary. I replay Punch Time Explosion's story mode all the time, and the same would be true of a hypothetical Subspace Emmisary mode in Nick Brawl or Multiversus. But the way those games decided to do their story modes is just... much less replayable to me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of multiversus, the devs stream today teased a new horror related character:

A pennywise funko was in the background with the rest of the funkos that were all for playable characters.

Implying penny wise is coming. Which makes sense as welcome to Derry is coming out later this year and I’m sure they will want to cross promote.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Apparently Cartoon Network is dead?
Essentially yeah. Remember they shut down their production arm and folded it into WB animation.

I don’t think posting about it on Twitter will fix it though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I love my industry of choice going to **** before I have a chance to join it :4pacman:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I just saw this trending and Im so damn confused because im not seeing anyone explain **** on twitter

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Ugh, I don't think what the tweet is saying is going to work in the end. Maybe I am just being pessimistic, but still...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I know Cartoon Network Studios shut down, but apart from that we need more context as to what is specifically happening.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just saw this trending and Im so damn confused because im not seeing anyone explain **** on twitter
I know Cartoon Network Studios shut down, but apart from that we need more context as to what is specifically happening.
Because it’s click bait essentially. Yes the studios shut down, but the network isn’t going anywhere. Hanna Barbara studios Europe has now taken over remaining staff and is heading all projects heading g to CN and Adult Swim. Branding is still staying the same.

It’s just an attention grabbing headline to draw attention to the strike that’s going to go down.

Top Bottom