• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just going to consider myself lucky I haven't come across that on the Yugioh subreddit.
The 4 horsemen of ygo subreddits:

"I just got back to the game and I ****ing hate it"

"I found these cards, how much are they worth?" They're all bootlegs

Posting other people's art for Karma(Not crediting the artist)

Weird lore/powerlevel ****

Shroob

Sup?
Thankfully, there are still some sane people on Reddit.

(Saying this as a Yu-Gi-Oh fan.)
The worst thing is when someone's got a blatant bootleg like Darkly Big Rabbi the Exodia and they'll just argue about "Well how can you tell it's fake???"

I get that a lot of these people haven't touched the game since they were kids but, man, just google what a real card looks like.

Eh. Sports are all the same to me. Its all just grown adults playing with balls for crowds of millions.
1720335203029.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Look out lads! We got a sport defender! This person likes and understands sports!
I don't give a **** about sports but osby's totally right. It's the exact sams thing. Where they have football/soccor hooligans, we have people coming out of a fighting game tournament in debt cause they threw a chair and smashed a lamp. Only difference is that one is more mainstream and has been around significantly longer

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I get like 3 different Yugioh subreddits pop up for me and that's a good chunk of the posts across all of them.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That's true of most sprite based games. 3D games that chase realism get more dated as technology moves on.
Honestly I'm just kind of amazed at how good SF3 looks, the base character sprites look great as is but the animations are insanely fluid and so satisfying to look at

I can't even imagine how much work it took to make the game look this good

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
When people talk about SMT.

Look, all I'm saying is Atlus would be a lot cooler if they did Snowboard Kids 3.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
We're definitely getting more.

And it better be Flygon's turn
Gamefreak: “best we can do is a new evolution for vibrava instead. We couldn’t come up with a new design for Flygon, because it’s perfect.”
Instructions unclear

Creating Mega Furfrou
And it'll have a unique Mega form for each of its haircuts

And none of them will even be good

Just like Mega Audino :nifty:
I was going to suggest this, and the idea that it be cool if it gained a new type corresponding with each form. Alongside a new exclusive move that changes type based on form. Could make Furfrou a really fun team rounder. Also something I could see Gamefreak do because they love gimmick mons.

Lore wise, maybe they were only recently domesticated, but mega evolution brings their more feral side out. Perhaps adding dark or fighting to its type as well.
And a bread Pokemon. And a patty Pokemon.

With special gimmick abilities where if you send them all out in a triple battle they fuse into a burger.
And people thought Dodonzo getting the Omni boost with tsugiri was bad. Wait until the Double Whopper gets +3 to all stats upon combination.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Btw as the Kamen Rider girlie here I have to say
Better look at Gavv

I think this image looks a bit better, and I dig some of the forms, but overall I'm not a big fan of this suit.

Big fan of the purple though.
This is the most hideous thing I have seen in years, I won't lie. Yuya Takahashi might be writing again which is fine but like. Man. What am I looking at? What the **** is the lollipop form? Worst part is the chocolatw and chips forms look almost good

Shroob

Sup?
I was going to suggest this, and the idea that it be cool if it gained a new type corresponding with each form. Alongside a new exclusive move that changes type based on form. Could make Furfrou a really fun team rounder. Also something I could see Gamefreak do because they love gimmick mons.

Lore wise, maybe they were only recently domesticated, but mega evolution brings their more feral side out. Perhaps adding dark or fighting to its type as well.
Don't think they really need to justify it tbh..... unless..... mega evolution is BACK IN GEN 10 BAYBEE!

StormC

Smash Hero
Btw as the Kamen Rider girlie here I have to say

This is the most hideous thing I have seen in years, I won't lie. Yuya Takahashi might be writing again which is fine but like. Man. What am I looking at? What the **** is the lollipop form? Worst part is the chocolatw and chips forms look almost good
Is there a rumor Takahashi is writing?

I like the design :(

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is there a rumor Takahashi is writing?

I like the design :(
Writer hasn't been confirmed but apparantly the confirmed production crew worked on his shows a lot? Don't remember the details

If you like it, more power to you, be happy with it, don't let a hater like me bring you down. Like, for what it's worth, now that we have more than just the base form and gummies to go off of, the aesthetics stand out a hell of a lot more which make it more clear what they're going for with the chocolate cowboy or marshmallow abs. I just don't like what I'm seeing lol

StormC

Smash Hero
Writer hasn't been confirmed but apparantly the confirmed production crew worked on his shows a lot? Don't remember the details

If you like it, more power to you, be happy with it, don't let a hater like me bring you down. Like, for what it's worth, now that we have more than just the base form and gummies to go off of, the aesthetics stand out a hell of a lot more which make it more clear what they're going for with the chocolate cowboy or marshmallow abs. I just don't like what I'm seeing lol
I generally like Takahashi's Rider work (01 is his only real miss IMO which I chalk up to both COVID and generally clashing with his producer), but I would prefer we avoid a situation like early Heisei where most of Rider was just going back and forth between Kobayashi and Inoue. I do like that so they spread him out so his shows are 3 years apart, but honestly I'd like to see him on a Sentai. He's great at rich character dynamics.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I generally like Takahashi's Rider work (01 is his only real miss IMO which I chalk up to both COVID and generally clashing with his producer), but I would prefer we avoid a situation like early Heisei where most of Rider was just going back and forth between Kobayashi and Inoue. I do like that so they spread him out so his shows are 3 years apart, but honestly I'd like to see him on a Sentai. He's great at rich character dynamics.
I'm not entirely sure, a common criticism I've seen of him is that his characters don't feel like they do anything outside of superheroing and Sentai is at it's best with low stakes imo, it helps flesh the cast out in ways Takahashi generally doesn't. That said I agree about the concern, if he's on this, then we have a full third of Reiwa written by him. If I got to pick a writer I want Build's back tbh

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
It's been a while since I thought about the Deadly Six actively. But they're still my homies.

Wouldn't a Deadly Six cartoon be the coolest thing?

Eh. Sports are all the same to me. Its all just grown adults playing with balls for crowds of millions.
I mean, there IS professional boxing...

Closest thing to balls there are the rounded boxing gloves.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man I'm just now realizing I have basically nothing to do in 3rd Strike other than Arcade mode and thus no real way to get better

And like sure I could play training mode but since the AI doesn't react to me it's not like I'm actually getting better

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
The 4 horsemen of ygo subreddits:

"I found these cards, how much are they worth?" They're all bootlegs

Posting other people's art for Karma(Not crediting the artist)

Weird lore/powerlevel ****
The MD subreddit specifically is mega ass because its nothing but "I just lost to this deck on ladder its a toxic meta sheep deck grr" aka nothing but ragebait(which is basically what dykayeds md discord is too but 10x worse because last I checked the mods just did not do their job lol)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, we had two Pokemon regions based on America and iirc, we don't have an American Football based Pokemon.

As a fan of both it would be super cool to see. Especially if they make a region based off the southern US, football is king down there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, we had two Pokemon regions based on America and iirc, we don't have an American Football based Pokemon.

As a fan of both it would be super cool to see. Especially if they make a region based off the southern US, football is king down there.
Regional Falinks that wears rugby helmets instead of spartan helmets.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Regional Falinks that wears rugby helmets instead of spartan helmets.
6 would also be the number of a full offensive line + one extra (the guys that protect the quarterback from getting hit) so this would actually fit in with the whole defending and protecting theme they have already.

All they gotta do is line up horizontally instead of a single file line.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 392024
"People here don't have anything wrong with me" my ass.
I'm so done.
I dunno what EXP is referring to here but Jotadé...it's okay if not everyone likes you.

It's not okay for whoever that poster was to have taken on such a hostile tone with you, especially when we all know how much you've been through. But at the same time if you're hoping for everyone to like you, you're doomed to always be let down.

Because its impossible to be liked by everyone. And you shouldn't have to bother with people who don't.

But there are also people who do like you. Even if we don't always respond to every post or agree with every single opinion. Lost of people have said kind things to you already - I'm not inclined to think they're faking it. And I know I don't interact with your posts much - partly because our interests don't overlap all the time, partly because I'm just quiet - but I do like to keep up with your posts and enjoy seeing the things you've been up to.

So don't let one or a few people having some beef with you be proof that no one likes you. I know your poor self esteem may try to tell you otherwise but usually its best just to take people's word for it.

Anyway all that said, I'd highly suggest you block whoever sent you that PM. If they won't respect you then they aren't worth your time.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am leaving.

Probably this site first, and after that I'll see what else I leave.

I genuiely can't keep myself going on with life if I make people THAT misserable just by being myself.

Let's be real: who in the **** wants to be near someone as toxic, inmature, childish and money-hungry as I am? I am lucky I even have IRL friends at all.
But you don’t! I love having you around. It’s just one guy who outright admits he’s not here that often.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I wasn’t gonna post anything at first, but I need to give some context in regards to the DM screenshot Jotadé shared yesterday, that was posted almost three months ago by a friend of mine and former user in regards to this post Jotadé posted about me:
To be quite honest, I think It is time I take some stuff out of my chest which has been creeping me out and made anxious online these past months. It is a problem which has gone on for way longer than It should have been, and I feel that my honest words need to be shared on the matter. And since I'm gonna delete my account here ideally for good (if Cyndane lends me a hand with being able to fill an account deletion request), may as well do It right now.

So, with all that said...

... Wademan94 Wademan94 , I don't know how you are with the rest of the thread as of now, but at least with me... You have treated me worse than a butler or a videogame store employee these past months.
I get It, I wasn't the greatest person back then, and I did a lot of stuff even I regret... But the fact everyone but you has moved on, the fact you ghost me as if I were nothing but dust, and specially the fact you have refused to sort things out politely between us, has made me take this choice of bringing it up publicly.

And ngl, based on past experiences over at your "cool kids club" (The Experience Point Discord server) where I genuiely saw you using that place to clown on me over being "an annoying F4 fan who poops themselves over them not appearing in a game" and from which btw I have been blacklisted for reasons nobody from the server wants to talk with me... I have nothing but genuine reasons to be concerned about whatever stuff you are sharing around regarding my identity.

And say what you will, but look at how I've acted on the server these past five months: there hasn't been any weird episodes regarding my presence probably until now, and I've seeked professional help to genuiely improve as a person. Besides my parents I have like three professionals helping me out to become a greater person, overcome my traumas of the past, deal with all my IRL stuff going on right now with my grandpa and studies. I have also made a lot of IRL friends just being the way I am right now... So idk, I feel the one who is being kinda petty right now is you.

This may sound even more rude, but these past months you reminded me of the two persons Who made me drop out of university: they were walking bombs which at the bare minuscule change of tone leaning towards a more negative light went into full mental breakdowns. They were texting me at 3am to tell me to stay away from their lifes just because I told them in the most polite way possible "ey, I wanna have normal conversations with you two about how our days are going. Maybe don't look at me in weird ways and neglect any sort of visual/verbal contact with me just for asking how's your day going".

Anyways, tl;dr: I have genuine reasons to feel that you haven't been a decent person towards me, even if at some point you had completely fair and respectable reasons to do so. I'm at a point where I don't care about whether or not you are gonna reply to me with a post or if some people from the thread Will come to your defense for being "the more mentally stable one" as a certain friend of yours would imply.

That's all, I won't respond to any messages on the thread or by Wade at all unless they are PMs from people who I have deep trust with. The moment this post gets sent I will talk with staff to try to delete my account and spend more time with people who do care more than him about my well-being.
And I posted my response to this already back then:
I wasn’t gonna respond at first since I don’t like airing out dirty laundry, but I’m not letting you get away with lying to everyone like this. And to make it clear, these are my words alone, no one put me up to this other than you.

I have never said anything of the sort or referred to you in that way and unless you can back that up with evidence, I’m not gonna apologize for something I didn’t say. I don’t know where you got that assumption from but I never tried to badmouth you in the past. You’re acting like you’ve been actively pursuing me to make amends but the only interaction I can see within the past couple months outside of maybe some likes is you responding to one of my messages asking the thread for help with Pokémon trades. And I only didn’t respond to you OR Noipoi was because I already got help from someone on Discord and it slipped my mind to clear that up.

Yeah I wasn’t interested in acknowledging you or engaging with you for a while, but did you expect me to forgive you and forget the stunts you pulled, carrying on with you like nothing happened? Did you think that your words and actions wouldn’t cause long-term damage and you wouldn’t have to face the consequences? I refuse to let you pull me back into that toxic cycle you put me and several others through.
Are you forgetting all the drama you started with badmouthing several members, including some of my friends, which is what led you to being blacklisted in the first place. You’ve lashed out at us and threw hissy fits several times because we didn’t immediately respond to your posts, as if you don’t think we have lives outside the internet and believe our existences revolve around you. Oh and let’s not forget all the worry you caused us with your supposed running away from home and all the inconsistencies in your story.

I’ve given you many chances to better yourself, from what I could remember I was one of the first people to reach out to you and lend you an ear but you’ve crossed too many lines and burned too many bridges for me to have any patience or sympathy left for you. I’m tired of you playing the victim card when you’re the one who pushed us away and refused to acknowledge the issues you caused. You have no one to blame but yourself.

And also, you didn’t have to make this public. You made no effort to talk to me about any of this privately. The fact that you made this post proves to me you still haven’t changed as much as you believe you have. If you truly believe I’m being the petty one here, then you have no self-reflection.

If on the off chance you are reading this, I honestly do hope you truly make improvements to your behavior, not for me but for yourself and the people you choose to surround yourself with. But I can’t be one of them. Don’t expect me to talk to you again if you return and you can take your little smear campaign and shove it.
And yes I do have them ignored but I noticed certain posts in response that led me to investigate, I don’t wanna stir up drama but I felt the need to add context to this situation.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I wasn’t gonna post anything at first, but I need to give some context in regards to the DM screenshot Jotadé shared yesterday, that was posted almost three months ago by a friend of mine and former user in regards to this post Jotadé posted about me:

And yes I do have them ignored but I noticed certain posts in response that led me to investigate, I don’t wanna stir up drama but I felt the need to add context to this situation.
Well, I am not trying to sound angry when I said this, but that was back then, first of all. That said, I am pretty sure you were NOT being the better person here at all. Based on what I read about Jotade's posts, I think you were exaggerating the victim card, smear campaign and hissy fits he did, even if you truly did not do what he said you did, which I don't care about here, by the way. While he may not have improved completely as of now, I have seen his posts still as better than what you described, and that was after the response you made. I may not know completely about the posts he made before his post and your response to it, but I also do not care about that. Being mean, and (maybe) borderline bullying to another person who is sensitive, autistic and all is not okay, especially since you told him to "shove it" at the end. In fact, it does not help that your friend, who is supposed to be retired, made that nasty message to Jotade, and made it the way he did probably because you exaggerated some of the details to him. I may not know the full details, but I do not think how you handled it was any better or even okay. In fact, I am sure that while he may not be the best socially, Jotade is better than you made him out to be.

I am not saying you should apologize to him, at all, but to me, that was not cool.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

I'm ngl at this point(this is what, the third or 4th time this month? and I barely check here at that) the fact Jotade keeps talking about extremely negative things people do in or around their day to day life in vague yet also concerning essays does come off as excessive attention seeking a lot on their end, which is why I wrote up that whole long essay last time I saw it - I don't really have any strong feelings towards anyone involved, but it does bug me a lot either way.

They seem like they have a really troubled life so I can't fully blame them, but at the same time, its been years, I vaguely remember the drama that happened on discord when I was in Dutchs server, yet nothing seems to have changed with them, at least, nothing positive. :drohmy:

time for me to disappear for another week cause I got 2 luti sets, 1-2 scrims, and a **** ton of housework to do, lol

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Actually, if we do get a southern US (like Alabama, Louisiana, Missisippi, Florida) Pokemon region, here's what I'd hope/expect:

American Football Pokemon
Water type Gumbo for the food mon
Gator version exclusive
Crocodile version exclusive
Caiman mon
Ghost type based off Mardi Gras
Cowboy if they want to do Texas (imo, Texas is big enough to be it's own region)
Mahi Mahi
Grizzly mon
Salamander mon
Spider Mon. Maybe a black widow

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
ANYWAY I made a guide to the scientific animal classification of the Zeti, through my eyes at least…

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Superclass: Tetrapoda
Class: Synapsida
Order: Therapsida
Family: Zetes (long-lived, horned bipeds of numerous shapes and sizes with abilities to manipulate electromagnetic fields)
Genuses:
Zetes rubidius (Zavok’s species)
Zetes gemstonus (Zazz’s species)
Zetes obonus (Zomom’s species)
Zetes spherus (Master Zik’s species)
Zetes emeraldus (Zeena’s species)
Zetes shinunus (Zor’s species)

Top Bottom