• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I wanna cry, all the set leaks of Superman Legacy look brilliant, it's been nearly half a century since we got a good Superman movie
Yeah, movie looks amazing.

Kinda wish people on Twitter weren't using It to trash on the new Fantastic Four movie solely because they both release close and want the latter to bomb, but I am actually really excited for It as much as I am for Fantastic Four.

I think both movies, Deadpool & Wolverine and X-Men '97 will prove people that there's no superhero fatigue, just that we haven't been getting proper good movies recently due to rushed productions and such.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah, movie looks amazing.

Kinda wish people on Twitter weren't using It to trash on the new Fantastic Four movie solely because they both release close and want the latter to bomb, but I am actually really excited for It as much as I am for Fantastic Four.

I think both movies, Deadpool & Wolverine and X-Men '97 will prove people that there's no superhero fatigue, just that we haven't been getting proper good movies recently due to rushed productions and such.
I don't keep up with comic book twitter unless something goes viral, I've seen nothing but praise in every bit of news about the F4 movie though so it's best to go "Oh boy, two cakes", y'know?

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I don't keep up with comic book twitter unless something goes viral, I've seen nothing but praise in every bit of news about the F4 movie though so it's best to go "Oh boy, two cakes", y'know?
Agreed, indeed.

The fact we are getting both a great Superman and a great Fantastic Four movie is already awesome by itself.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honorary ‘Muricans showing their love for the best country on earth. Sorry you’re not Patriotic enough to understand.
It's almost 11PM
It's us. The Americans have invaded the Netherlands looking for oil.
Look, oliebollen does not actually have oil, contrary to the name

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Bruh who the **** is setting off fireworks in my neighbourhood this is the goddamned Netherlands, not the US
It's us. The Americans have invaded the Netherlands looking for oil.
Oh, we are not looking for oil...
Ocelot-SoL-1.jpg

We just want to bring Metal Gear back to its rightful owners.

Yeah, bring them... To the patriots.

Last edited:

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Gonna be brutally honest dude.

You're concerned about people not liking you, right? As far as I can tell no one here has anything against you but if you keep throwing those pity parties people may eventually turn on you.
Yup, that's why It is important for me to be as self-aware as possible, find the core of these anxiety moments and put a stop to them before I get out of hand.

Not sure if you saw my last profile post, but I feel that the origin of these anxiety attacks relies on a mix of boredom, impatience and desire to be proactive on anything, be It a casual conversation or even a debate.

Basically what I'm saying is that I need to keep myself busy during the evenings, do stuff which keeps my mind occupied and try my hardest to not get feelings of boredom. Playing videogames, my plans for studying japanese at the official local academy, going to my beach club's gym which I am free to use and going around the city may be ways I can solve the problem.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
More P&G Season 2 news at 4:45 PM PDT
This ain't Independence Day no more, it's Panty & Stocking day now.
News so good, i may just throw it back in a circle

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Just got told what happens in the latest episode of the Boys and... Yeah, I ain't watching this show because It either seems to mostly be shock value or the stuff shown just isn't my kind of thing to watch.

Basically for those who haven't seen the episode: (Content Warning)Homelander gets breastfed. Idk by who doh. Between that and what I heard of the Herogasm episode I just feel I won't be vibing with It all. It's like the tree scene on Evil Dead 1 and its remake: I basically skip It whenever It is about to happen because I genuiely don't feel comfortable or safe watching.

Hopefully ya'll understand my side, and I don't think less of anyone who watches The Boys or enjoys the show.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
2024 has been the year of sequels. I can't be the only one who notices that. Most movies let alone ones in the highest-grossing films of this year have been sequels. Lol.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice
Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F
Deadpool & Wolverine
Despicable Me 4
Dune: Part Two
Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire
Gladiator 2
Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire
Inside Out 2
Joker: Folie a Deux
Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes
Kung Fu Panda 4
Moana 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3
Venom: The Last Dance

And year of prequels.

A Quiet Place: Day One
Alien: Romulus
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
Mufasa: The Lion King
The First Omen
Transformers One
Wicked

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just got told what happens in the latest episode of the Boys and... Yeah, I ain't watching this show because It either seems to mostly be shock value or the stuff shown just isn't my kind of thing to watch.

Basically for those who haven't seen the episode: (Content Warning)Homelander gets breastfed. Idk by who doh. Between that and what I heard of the Herogasm episode I just feel I won't be vibing with It all. It's like the tree scene on Evil Dead 1 and its remake: I basically skip It whenever It is about to happen because I genuiely don't feel comfortable or safe watching.

Hopefully ya'll understand my side, and I don't think less of anyone who watches The Boys or enjoys the show.
To be fair, that spoiler part is not the first time.

its a big part of homelander’s psychological issues and how they were manipulated to be that way and how homelander was crafted to be a baby basically and desire constant approval and love.

Which for the most part while it plays into some shock value, did work, but recently homelander is going off on his on, not letting his drive for power be held back by those emotions.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Decided to jump in and do my own Inside Out mental space thing some people online have been doing:
7a401877-0ccf-4dd3-b577-8ef5840192c6.png

To give context for each:
-Fry: money spending issues obviously
-Emmet: my positive side and desire to fit in the world
-Optimus Prime: my honourable, humble and inspired side whenever I am dealing with serious topics or spending time with my family
-Clark Kent: the desire to help people around me and make the world better
-Bruce Wayne from TAS: someone who tries his best to be social on events and such, wants to live up to their parents and manages their money
-Reed Richards: my autism spectrum, my competent intelligence, my deduction skills and my investment on explaining in-depth everything
-Sonic: ADHD and the kid inside me basically.

To be fair, that spoiler part is not the first time.

its a big part of homelander’s psychological issues and how they were manipulated to be that way and how homelander was crafted to be a baby basically and desire constant approval and love.

Which for the most part while it plays into some shock value, did work, but recently homelander is going off on his on, not letting his drive for power be held back by those emotions.
I see, so It actually plays a part in the development of the character and isn't happening just because, I see. So at least It isn't as random and out of nowhere as the tree scene in Evil Dead, that is good to know.

Will keep thinking about It, because the Boys TV show is something that fascinates me in the sense that It seems to have a lot to say but also the marketing and online conversations about It I've read don't do It enough justice.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I see, so It actually plays a part in the development of the character and isn't happening just because, I see. So at least It isn't as random and out of nowhere as the tree scene in Evil Dead, that is good to know.

Will keep thinking about It, because the Boys TV show is something that fascinates me in the sense that It seems to have a lot to say but also the marketing and online conversations about It I've read don't do It enough justice.
One thing you should know about The Boys. It's a ****** up series.

The comics are even more ****** up. Definition of edgy and gritty.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Just saw Wish

Not as bad as I was expecting but still very edgeless and uninteresting.

I liked how this movie looked and the cast was fine. But every song sounded the exact god damn same and I feel like this movie wasn't trying to do anything interesting. It also seems like Disney is in pain every time they don't follow their same 5 tropes.

The ending references were cheap but not nearly as offensive and angering as the Internet was implying

Jotadé

Smash Ace
One thing you should know about The Boys. It's a ****** up series.

The comics are even more ****** up. Definition of edgy and gritty.
Yeah, I heard the comic is deemed as the worse of the two by most people who are fans. I've also heard about various of the messed up things which happen on both.

Maybe I have to watch the show to finally get It... Although idk if I really want to.

Best way I could describe It is like being with some IRL friends, them wanting to smoke and drink beer together and me not wishing to do so for health reasons. Do I stand on my own while also risking the possibility that my friends might find me "uncool, bland or boring"? Or do I join in and take part in something I genuiely don't enjoy at all so I can please them and not risk our friendship?

It is a extreme case I know, and thankfully my IRL friends aren't those kinds of persons... But yeah, that's the best way I could describe my stance on what I know of The Boys.

Just saw Wish

Not as bad as I was expecting but still very edgeless and uninteresting.

I liked how this movie looked and the cast was fine. But every song sounded the exact god damn same and I feel like this movie wasn't trying to do anything interesting. It also seems like Disney is in pain every time they don't follow their same 5 tropes.

The ending references were cheap but not nearly as offensive and angering as the Internet was implying
I should watch Wish someday with my little cousins. One of them is really into Disney and loves that movie, she might want me to watch It with them.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
I still need to get around to watching the first Inside Out.
My mother really wants me to watch the second movie because we both liked the first one and its interpretation of the human mind, and she believes that the second movie with all the new emotions such as anxiety and nostalgia could help me out in some way with my psychological progress.

I do worry she may be overselling It too much, because at the end of the day it is still a kids movie and not a professional psychologist/psychiatrist, but I do believe it will be able to get me thinking in some way as many Pixar movies do.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still need to get around to watching the first Inside Out.
It’s incredible dude. It feels like a classic Pixar movie, when they were pushing out nonstop bangers.

Not to say that they make bad movies today, but they’re making more stuff that’s “mid” or “cute” or “straight up ass”. Back in the day, for a few years straight, every single movie was a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Decided to jump in and do my own Inside Out mental space thing some people online have been doing:
View attachment 391934
To give context for each:
-Fry: money spending issues obviously
-Emmet: my positive side and desire to fit in the world
-Optimus Prime: my honourable, humble and inspired side whenever I am dealing with serious topics or spending time with my family
-Clark Kent: the desire to help people around me and make the world better
-Bruce Wayne from TAS: someone who tries his best to be social on events and such, wants to live up to their parents and manages their money
-Reed Richards: my autism spectrum, my competent intelligence, my deduction skills and my investment on explaining in-depth everything
-Sonic: ADHD and the kid inside me basically.

It definitely has some extreme moments, but for the most part it takes those extreme situation and shock value situations, and uses them to amply character growth in a really twisted but unique manor.

Which is the opposite of the comics, where they make things even more gross/shock value at the time, without any point to it. The show balances it with genuine moments and some really great acting for characters. Where they all realistically react and how to deal with the crazy **** they have all gone through. While at the end of the day, the man cast still stick to their morales to try and unbleaken their world.

So definitely not a show for everyone, but it takes social commentary to the extremes and it’s actively proven right weekly, which is wild. Like multiple big news stories from the past two weeks, literally could be applied to how the boys showed people would act exactly as they did irl I the show. So it ages way better then it probably should each week.

Jotadé

Smash Ace
Is it possable to be so depressed that your heart starts to legit hurting?
Physical pain as a result of emotional distress is a thing.

Seriously you need to talk, man?
Ngl, had to stop posting at Smashboards and Discord because I as well was also having physical pain from thinking and analyzing too many things at once.

Can't say everything because It would be a wall of text, but It ranged from silly thoughts such as "How will I get the money to preorder Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster?" or "I wonder what to eat tomorrow" to more serious thoughts such as "Is Gwen from Smashboards safe and feeling better" or "does my mother overwork herself too much and needs to rest even if she doesn't think so?"

All of that and more all at once, while also trying to figure out all the answers myself. It is kinda stressing and intense.

You know, I wish I could just... Turn my brain off yeah. Just press a switch and be able to sit down, maybe drink a Coca Cola and play some games on my PS5 or Switch.

And yeah Pumkaboo, if you wanna we can Talk about how you are feeling and see ways we could help you out.

Top Bottom