• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Gonna be straight with you, but the demon selection is.... lacking.

Aka, any demon you've seen already, is basically all there is.

All the Daily Demon Showcase demons
Metatron
Beelzebub
Shiva
The 4 Bethel Leaders(Vasuki, Odin, Thor, Mummy green guy)
Abdiel
Nuwa
Hydra
Lahmu

Outside of the DLC(Which is on the disc, no surprise), that's all the demons in the game. And the weirdest part is they're literally re-using Persona 5 models, but just didn't include a handful of them for seemingly no reason.
marginally disappointing, but not as bad as BDSP lmao

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers

I already wasn't too interested in BDSP and hearing how backwards they are just reaffirms that. I know they're supposed to be faithful but this is ****ing stupid. Platinum is right there. Not touching this one

The best piece of Star Wars media is 18 today

That doesn't look like 2008 Clone Wars

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Good morning my gamers

I already wasn't too interested in BDSP and hearing how backwards they are just reaffirms that. I know they're supposed to be faithful but this is ****ing stupid. Platinum is right there. Not touching this one

That doesn't look like 2008 Clone Wars
jum9zr9dxz051.jpg

Imagine thinking 2008 Clone Wars is superior to 2003 Clone Wars.

Couldn't be me.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
View attachment 337119

Imagine thinking 2008 Clone Wars is superior to 2003 Clone Wars.

Couldn't be me.
2008 Clone Wars has moments that made me laugh and cry, expanded the universe in a way that feels natural, and introduced some of my favorite characters in fiction.

2003 Clone Wars is good but it doesn't do much for me beyond "look at those cool action figures fighting! they are so cool!"

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Clone Wars 2008 is really good too. I'm absolutely not dissing it.
I ain't dissing 2003 Clone Wars either. They're two very different shows and they both do what they intend to do very well

Like I know I said Clone Wars 2003 is just action figures fighting but I can't lie, those are pretty spectacular fights. Also 2003 Grievous is best Grievous

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
All I feel is pain
Amen brother. Amen.

Definitely not getting the game now unless I can get it discounted via a trade in or something (and even then I could just get other, better games instead). Especially with Legends just months away. I can wait.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Amen brother. Amen.

Definitely not getting the game now unless I can get it discounted via a trade in or something (and even then I could just get other, better games instead). Especially with Legends just months away. I can wait.
Same. I play a lot of retro games so I hate to be this guy, but there is absolutely no reason for me to want to play the 60 dollars remake of a 15 year old DS game with minimal upgrades (and almost none of the improvements made in Platinum) when I can just wait for the shiny new 60 dollar Pokemon game that actually tries to do something different for once. If I really want to experience DP again, I own a physical copy of Diamond.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Same. I play a lot of retro games so I hate to be this guy, but there is absolutely no reason for me to want to play the 60 dollars remake of a 15 year old DS game with minimal upgrades (and almost none of the improvements made in Platinum) when I can just wait for the shiny new 60 dollar Pokemon game that actually tries to do something different for once. If I really want to experience DP again, I own a physical copy of Diamond.
There’s also the fact that BDSP actually cost more than the original Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games. On release they cost $40 USD. If you adjust that for inflation that becomes around $50 USD.

You’re paying more for minimal improvements and multiple steps back from Platinum. Incredibly disappointing because Sinnoh deserved far better.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
There’s also the fact that BDSP actually cost more than the original Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum games. On release they cost $40 USD. If you adjust that for inflation that becomes around $50 USD.

You’re paying more for minimal improvements and multiple steps back from Platinum. Incredibly disappointing because Sinnoh deserved far better.
Wasn't BDSP predominantly developed by a mobile game team? That would explain at least part of it...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wasn't BDSP predominantly developed by a mobile game team? That would explain at least part of it...
To be fair, they did develop the Dominos app featuring Hatsune Miku, so before this they were pretty based.

Now? Not so much.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering the best game of 2021 was made by the devs that brought us Lord of Shadows I fail to see why that would be the biggest issue rather than a rushed dev cycle as is the case with every Pokemon game

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I never played Diamond or Pearl. I skipped those games and went straight to Platinum.

It'll be a bit wierd to play through a remake of inferior game again. But I probably will because I'm pokemon drone. And I've been kind of wanting to shiny hunt Gligar, so...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

This is a very flawed argument. Even if the DS games are indeed the superior versions, nobody is selling used copies today for those prices.

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
Pokémon franchise is seems to be really all in on cashgrabing behaviour recently ever since they hit Switch

dezeray112

Smash Hero
take me Marvel
I'm seeing hints of Doc Ock, Sandman, Electro and the Green Goblin hovering at the background.

Anyways, keep a good eye on this Friday as Disney+ day presentation is coming up and I believe Marvel Studios is going to have a presence. Hopefully we should get further information and first trailers for some of their upcoming shows and Phase 4 films.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
osby osby and Shroob Shroob

Would you be open to a new DemiKids game? And if so what would you want from it?
It can be fun but maybe don't change the designs that much? If possible, I think taking regular demons and deforming them would be a better direction than giving them less inspired looks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It can be fun but maybe don't change the designs that much? If possible, I think taking regular demons and deforming them would be a better direction than giving them less inspired looks.
Idk. I like the idea of taking series staple demons and making them kid friendly. It feels fun.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokémon franchise is seems to be really all in on cashgrabing behaviour recently ever since they hit Switch
The series has always been cashgrabby lmao. Idk why y'all think this is something new, it's been this way ever since day one with two versions of basically the same game, and then selling the superior definitive edition(s) a year later as the "best" way to play the game, instead of, you know, killing the dual version amd simply releasing the definitice edition. The only ones that didn't do that were B&W (they did sequels), X&Y (there was no definitve version), and, ironically enough, Sword and Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom