• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We're talking about censorship committees, their job is to make people miss out on awesome stuff.
imagine having to live there knowing there’s many things being missed out…the poor suffering civilians
Wait til you hear about them killing their games industry as fast as it grew.
lemme guess…now they can only game legally for 1-3 hours a decade instead of per week?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
To every American on this forum who hasn't played this and has a Switch (with online): There is no excuse to play this amazing game. Lamperouge Lamperouge I remember you told me you wanted to try it so this is your chance. You still have my word on what I think of it.

Set to easy mode, handheld and play it for the story as it has one of the best stories and soundtracks in game. Gameplay is **** in this version but set to easy and it becomes a walk in the park mostly (two end bosses excluded).

I would tag a lot more of you but I don't know who has and not played it. If you haven't try it. It's worth it. Doubly so for Persona 5 fans on a thematic level. [
Eh, I don't doubt that the story and soundtrack are great.

I just don't want to slog through the game to experience them if the version on Switch supposedly has "****" gameplay.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Eh, I don't doubt that the story and soundtrack are great.

I just don't want to slog through the game to experience them if the version on Switch supposedly has "****" gameplay.
I wouldn't say ****, might be an exaggeration from me. Just a bit too finicky on docked. Handheld mode with touch controls is good and it plays mostly the same as the phone versions.

Docked with the pointer controls isn't the best and is finicky. I'd give it a go on handheld. Sorry, still a bit 1 to 100 and back in my moods so you'll see those die down in a few days.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As someone who didn’t really see his friends outside of school much at all, was probably sorta introverted since I am today although I was probably more socially confident as a kid (though in 3rd grade my parents thought I needed a counselor so maybe I was very shy compared to other kids), and whose siblings didn’t play Pokémon, I had to trade with myself if I wanted Gengar etc., and that was later when my brother got a DS and my grandma bought him a used Pokémon Pearl game (not long after I got Diamond) which he didn’t play at least not beyond a short playthrough idk (so he let me use it and dang it had some hacked in mythicals woohoo).

I had to get both versions for the full experience, though I didn’t do that for most of the games, and don’t do it anymore (iirc only time was when my brother got that hacked Pearl and later they gave him Y while I got X iirc though I don’t think he played it either, then I got both Hoenn remakes, and then Sun and Moon and yet still haven’t played Sun :I for the Ultra versions, I just got Ultra Moon).

BASICALLY so while I understand the social aspect Game Freak was going for, I can’t help but feel the person who came up with Trade Evolutions at least was pretty much saying “screw you” to people like me with such an annoying feature >_> though I guess this is mainly just because I loved and still love the Gastly line, so it was annoying I couldn’t evolve Haunter, so yeah idk. Tbh I don’t think I cared about the version-exclusives as much but I guess that’s annoying too, I just hated that I needed to trade to evolve some Pokémon…

also I hated it when they made it so you had to go to GameStop to get some mythicals, I guess since my parents had to drive to the next city or two over and of course they wouldn’t want to do that, and so in the year of mythicals I only got the online ones and 2-3 of the GameStop ones…why didn’t they just put them all on the online mystery gift like come on -.-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The more I see about BDSP, the worse it gets. They can't even do the "faithful" part of "faithful remake" right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Chukwudi Iwuji has joined Guardians 3.

Also.

I had a hunch Thor would leave the Guardians as he's absent from the cast.

Either he leaves them at the end of Love and Thunder or the Guardians just have a small role which in the beginning or something Thor leaves them.

Honestly I'm thinking the latter.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh no

What if

What if the social thread homies got lives??
Hahahahahaha.......................

K-josnaoboab - Copy.jpg

I wish I had one. Really need a new IRL social life. I mean outside of social stuff is fine as I keep myself very, very busy with no job. By the New Year I will be in a better start regardless and on a good path.

The time of me being on the forums has been "transitional years".

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sonic, Pokemon and Marvel movies are my comfort food pieces of media.

Yeah I could criticize them to hell and back and I have but man. They give me the big dopamine.

For some reason I am unintentionally a magnet to discourse

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Regardless of y'alls thoughts on BDSP, I just wanna say:
I'm glad I'm talking to y'all and not Pokemon Twitter lmao that place is a ****hole
It's funny, most of my fondest memories of Sun and Moon speculation are from the old social. I was looking forward to Sword and Shield because I thought the speculation period for those games would be similar, but well, we all know how that went.

And now I'm back here and it's back to being pleasant. I wonder if there's a connection

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
KillerCage KillerCage 's AMA is now up!

as per the usual, If there are any of y'all not currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be, please lemme know.

Reminder that even if y'all went once or twice before, y'all are free to go again!

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I’ve read that you’ll only be able to encounter Pokémon beyond the Sinnoh dex in the grand underground after you beat the game and get the national dex. This isn’t confirmed yet, but if so…

This puts a damper on my team building… :drsad:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So

I'm home now

Reads allllllll the Pokémon news
Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boy

Alright. So

First thing's first:

I totally understand people who are disappointed by this game. As someone who enjoys Link's Awakening HD immensely, I understand people who didn't like that one either.

However...

They made it pretty clear what they set out to do here. They wanted to make a near 1:1 remake of the original Diamond and Pearl releases, and they made it pretty clear that that was end goal, which I'd say from the looks of it, they succeeded and did a pretty spiffy job.

HOWEVER

That obviously does not mean it is immune to criticism. Speaking as someone who is still super hyped for it, yes, bringing back single use TMs is dumb. Like, really dumb.

But this isn't surprising to me. Why? Well, because they did this in the last major remake. Pokémon ORAS specifically cut a ton of X&Y's new features specifically because Gen 3 didn't have them. They brought back the old shop mechanics because they didn't want to stray from the OG map design, and player customization was removed entirely.

Am I saying these were good things? No, goodness me no, it was just as stupid back then as bringing back the old TM system is now, but it is a reminder that this is just how TPC approaches remakes.

Can I just say though: Can Pokémon fans please get a bit of a grip here? This isn't speaking towards anyone here (thankfully y'all have been discussing this like mature adults), but my word Pokemon discourse since June 2019 has been nothing short of an embarrassment for myself.

Maybe this is a lesson that if the games aren't appealing to what you want, you should go play something that does?

Because seriously, the amount of energy that goes into these constant arguments and debates is disturbing. It's a video game. Some of these people treat it like a life or death situation, and that ain't okay.

Pokémon, in my opinion, is never going to reach the lofty heights a lot want it to as long as it's under the care of those that own it. TPC, GF, and Nintendo are all very committed to the idea of keeping things safe, because it's what works. And while I definitely am an advocate for dumping way more money into the games and giving them more time, it's just not the reality we live in, unfortunately. It really does come down to you accept this series for what it is and try to enjoy it in spite of its flaws, or move on to a series that'll give you what you want, because the constant screaming into the void I see from some people is just...It's just sad.

Anyways,
that's it for my ramble. I'll tag Noipoi Noipoi and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 since this is Pocket Man discussion.

I'm still looking forward to the games, but again, I'm totally cool with people who aren't! Just, for some people in this fanbase....Please learn how to deal with frustration and disappointment in a more healthy manner.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Kris !!

You need to ditch that [hochi mama] and get on your sigma male grindset!
KRIS

KRIS!

KRIS!!!

YOU [Beautiful Sponge]

YOU NEED TO STOP LOOKING AT [Hot Females Dragon In Your Area] AND GET SOME TRUE [Hyperlink_Blocked] IN YOUR LIFE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom