• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
People getting up in arms because the remakes are, in fact, largely faithful to the original Diamond and Pearl games, which means none of the improvements that Platinum made.

At all. People had some hope for things to be okay but **** this is bad.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I can understand if BDSP isn’t your cup of tea, and that’s not to say it can’t be criticized-

But you can tell exactly what it is just by looking at it. I don’t understand the surprise from some crowds lol

Megas? Really??
If there were Megas, you feel they would have been shown by now.

Unless they intend for us to use all 4 Megas as the postgame.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Being upset that it's not the Platinum updates is valid.

That said, r/Pokeleaks is pissy about things that were probably never gonna be in the game and yet they somehow hyped themselves up for that
I'm just waiting for the datamine cause if BDSP and Legends Arceus have connectivity, than that means we may see those regional forms in BDSP's code.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Annnd this week's AMA subject shall be...
If they're available, I'll try to have their AMA sometime tommorow. If that won't work, we can figure a time that'll work better
I should be available tomorrow around 1;00 pm Eastern Time onward.
I will be heading to bed early tomorrow as I got work the following morning.
EDIT: Also

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
okay thinking back on it maybe a demon skull may not be the wisest

tell me what avatar is the coolest (if its the demon skull ngl you'd be right but i gotta be sure)

Noipoi

Howdy!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Also, the leaker did trade like half of his team to himself so like half the team earns double xp as a result (because traded mons earn that much more) but they wanna blame the odd level scaling to exp share when it's probably balanced.
That and they have max affection, effectively quadrupling EXP.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
But I’m going with the second one cuz one of the little creatures looks like a devolved Homer Simpson.
they are just tiny little creatures

Untitled.png

90% of DGD's albums have the same artist who plasters a ****ton of these animals on their album covers and the artwork is always super nice to look at.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I can understand if BDSP isn’t your cup of tea, and that’s not to say it can’t be criticized-

But you can tell exactly what it is just by looking at it. I don’t understand the surprise from some crowds lol

Megas? Really??
To be fair to people hoping for Megas, there was the Mega Lucario merchandise that started circulating a week or two ago. I don't think it was an entirely unreasonable hope to have, even if it was always a long shot.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It should've ended when it was pretty much revealed it was for the anime, but they just did not give up.
The anime often ties in to the games though, so again I don't think it was too far of a hope to have.

At the very least it's not as unreasonable as y'all here are making it out to be.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I get being a faithful remake, but I don’t think being faithful means they have to leave out some QoL stuffs and be 100% faithful, especially when they’re making some improvements and not being 100% faithful anyway…

One-use TMs don’t help balance imo, the infinite-use ones were perfectly fine and that way you don’t have to go back to buy more or, you know, get disappointed when you can’t find anymore of a certain TM because it’s not sold in the marts :S

The lack of Platinum’s stuff is weird too if there’s not gonna be any DLC or anything, but I’ll still have fun.

iirc the music should be fine but idk I only heard what was in the trailers and one updated track on Twitter.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The return of TMs is an objectively bad decision and are my only complaint about this.

Oh well, guess Bidoof will finally be relevant again, at least.

Shroob

Sup?
That said, the single use TMs are bs, idk why they brought that back because it doesn't make the game any harder or really anything.
And like, you can't even say "Faithful recreation" because now NPCs give you multiple of them.

You had a system in place to fix this
And you went back to a defunct one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom