• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I might not be able to do fancy things with Colors Ultimate ATM, but maybe that's for the best? Maybe it'll be good to get a few vanilla experiences in with like, the first three levels or so, and then look into changing what I don't like.

Also, I'm gonna get footage of my current ReShade presets and share it here for y'all this Christmas weekend. 👀

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well ultimately all i could do was buy a new copy of Clip studio. Which the setup ultimately was a very tedious process and i blew 50 bucks on this new copy.

I guess the problem is solved?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Okay, a few days ago I mentioned I had a really bold and crazy NWH theory. Here it is.

Andrew's Spider-Man is Bisexual, and if they bring him back they'll make it explicit.

I remember reading that, while making the ASM movies, Andrew wanted to make his version of the character Bi. Sony was against this, but now that he doesn't have to be the primary Spider-Man (plus LGBT rights being in a better place as compared to 2012) they might be more open to it. Rumors are saying that the other two Spider-Man will return, with Andrew getting a leading role, so it's not like he's off the table.

In the movie itself, Andrew mentions that after Gwen died he went dark, abandoning Peter Parker to be Spider-Man full time. After NWH, I think they might have a hypothetical TASM 3 be about Andrew learning how to be Peter Parker again, with romance being a reasonable corollary. And with Gwen not alive, Mary Jane associated with both Tobey and Tom, and Black Cat not really fitting into this story, you would basically need an OC anyways. Why not have it be a guy? Hell, scratch that, Tom's MJ is already a different acronym, Why can't Andrew's be "Mike Jacobs"? Also, this might just be me, but it felt like Andrew was sorta flirting with Electro after he cured him, around the "I thought you'd be black" joke.

wow, this sounded a lot less rambly in my head. time to go to bed, i'm sure this post will do fine.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm in a MCU mood. So I would like to ask all of you what your favorite films in the series are. On the top of my head my favorites are
  • Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • Captain America The First Avenger
  • Captain America Civil War
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming
  • Spider-Man Far From Home
Keep in mind that I haven't seen Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, or No Way Home yet. I'm just now catching up on the MCU after skipping several films due to burnout.

While on the topic, I will say that while it would be difficult to choose a top 5, I do know that my absolute favorite MCU film is The Incredible Hulk. Hot take but I think it's a great film and the most underrated MCU film. For one, it's tonally the most unique film in the MCU since it's the second one so they were still finding a tone to stick to. And what we ended up getting was a more dark film. The movie nailed the cat and mouse chase that Bruce Banner has to deal with on a daily basis and the curse that he carries with 24/7. You can sense his anxiety and urgency to cure himself and you see how living with the Hulk inside of him affects his day-to-day life on multiple levels. And that everytime he did transform, it was a big deal.

Let me tell you, I love how Hulk was depicted in this movie. Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is fine and all, but Edward Norton's Hulk was on a whole different level in my opinion. Hulk looked way more intimidating here with his grisly face, bulging veins, and vicious behavior. There's something about his Hulk that is more primal and he was treated as a very serious threat. Heck the first action scene with Hulk plays out like a horror film with him being concealed in the darkness. And I love the final fight as well. Seeing Hulk use a car like boxing gloves, similar to the games was cool and I appreciate how the fight ended up happening. In most films, the hero beats the villain by outsmarting them. But this film is like, nope, this is the Hulk ***********. He just gets pissed off and nearly chokes Abomination to death. Heck it looked like he was ready to tear his head off, it's probably the most brutal fight in the MCU and that's one of the downsides of Disney owning Marvel, because it's unlikely that they'll allow something that awesome to happen again.

There's also other parts about the film I love. The music is one of the best in the MCU. The main theme has that primal, menacing tone to it and the music that plays when Hulk gets the upper hand on Abomination is the definition of strength. There's also easter eggs for Hulk fans like myself, such as the opening being similar to the opening of the 70s Hulk show, in fact, the actor who plays Bruce Banner in that show makes a cameo appearance in this film.

Overall, The Incredible Hulk isn't perfect, it's not mentioned a lot and there are some things I can nitpick, but I do think it's genuinely a great film that deserves more respect. Such a shame that there was never anymore standalone Hulk films and while the MCU has done a good job with how they handled him, they are now too far into goofy territory for them to make another serious film like The Incredible Hulk which focused so much on the main character's dilemmas and cruel circumstances.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm in a MCU mood. So I would like to ask all of you what your favorite films in the series are. On the top of my head my favorites are
  • Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming
Keep in mind that I haven't seen Black Panther, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Captain Marvel, Shang-Chi, The Eternals, or No Way Home yet. I'm just now catching up on the MCU after skipping several films due to burnout.

While on the topic, I will say that while it would be difficult to choose a top 5, I do know that my absolute favorite MCU film is The Incredible Hulk. Hot take but I think it's a great film and the most underrated MCU film. For one, it's tonally the most unique film in the MCU since it's the second one so they were still finding a tone to stick to. And what we ended up getting was a more dark film. The movie nailed the cat and mouse chase that Bruce Banner has to deal with on a daily basis and the curse that he carries with 24/7. You can sense his anxiety and urgency to cure himself and you see how living with the Hulk inside of him affects his day-to-day life on multiple levels. And that everytime he did transform, it was a big deal.

Let me tell you, I love how Hulk was depicted in this movie. Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is fine and all, but Edward Norton's Hulk was on a whole different level in my opinion. Hulk looked way more intimidating here with his grisly face, bulging veins, and vicious behavior. There's something about his Hulk that is more primal and he was treated as a very serious threat. Heck the first action scene with Hulk plays out like a horror film with him being concealed in the darkness. And I love the final fight as well. Seeing Hulk use a car like boxing gloves, similar to the games was cool and I appreciate how the fight ended up happening. In most films, the hero beats the villain by outsmarting them. But this film is like, nope, this is the Hulk ***********. He just gets pissed off and nearly chokes Abomination to death. Heck it looked like he was ready to tear his head off, it's probably the most brutal fight in the MCU and that's one of the downsides of Disney owning Marvel, because it's unlikely that they'll allow something that awesome to happen again.

There's also other parts about the film I love. The music is one of the best in the MCU. The main theme has that primal, menacing tone to it and the music that plays when Hulk gets the upper hand on Abomination is the definition of strength. There's also easter eggs for Hulk fans like myself, such as the opening being similar to the opening of the 70s Hulk show, in fact, the actor who plays Bruce Banner in that show makes a cameo appearance in this film.

Overall, The Incredible Hulk isn't perfect, it's not mentioned a lot and there are some things I can nitpick, but I do think it's genuinely a great film that deserves more respect. Such a shame that there was never anymore standalone Hulk films and while the MCU has done a good job with how they handled him, they are now too far into goofy territory for them to make another serious film like The Incredible Hulk which focused so much on the main character's dilemmas and cruel circumstances.
would have to say all the Avengers, Captain America, and Spider-Man movies are my absolute favorites. Ragnarok, Black Widow, Shang-Chi and Black Panther as well. If the shows can be added, then WandaVision, Loki, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Agent Carter, and Runaways would join as well.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No Way Home was good. Like really really good. Like, it might be up there as one my favorite Spider-Man films period.

I'll be honest, I wasn't quite that keen on the first two MCU Spidey films as they didn't feel Spider-Man-y enough for me. No Way Home on the other hand really does feel like a Spider-Man film at its core. It delves deep into Peter and what's it's like to be Spider-Man and the consequences of it all. It's also just, straight-up fun

zit was so good seeing Tobey and Andrew here. It really felt like they were giving theit iterationz of Spider-Man closure and it was nice to see em one last time.

I'm really curious how people who haven't seen the other Spidey films are gonna feel watching this. There's so many call-backs, that it felt very fan fiction-y, albeitin a good way.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I need context besides the nft thing
Weird Anti-Vaxxer, also a Peta supporter, also heard that she the Anti-Autism group Autism Speaks, also read that she set up a charity to give a kid with a brain disease "alternative medicine" instead of the medicine that the hospital and doctors prescribed and uh...

The kid died.

Yeah, it's not looking good for her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Weird Anti-Vaxxer, also a Peta supporter, also heard that she the Anti-Autism group Autism Speaks, also read that she set up a charity to give a kid with a brain disease "alternative medicine" instead of the medicine that the hospital and doctors prescribed and uh...

The kid died.

Yeah, it's not looking good for her.
Rarity stay being the best pony anyway. Who needs Twilight Sparkle

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Just rewatched TAS in preparation for NWH, holds up way better than I than I remembered. Still think Lizard is a little too much like Doc Ock, but I’m excited to see him return nonetheless. Hope Garfield appears, but I won’t get my hopes up.

Currently watching the new Venom on the off chance he appears in the movie, though I’m excited to see it on its own merits too.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers
  • Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming

Off the top of my head:
  • Iron Man 1
  • The Avengers
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Guardians 2
  • Thor Ragnarok
  • Black Panther
  • Avengers Infinity War+Endgame
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
Haven't seen most of then in a while but I just think most of them are really fun.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I made a list of my top 20 movies and I realized it's just a list of movies that give me the most dopamine not necessarily the best movies.

20: A Goofy Movie
19: BIONICLE: The Mask Of Light
18: Muppet Treasure Island
17: Demon Slayer: Mugen Train
16: Fury Road
15: The Spongebob Movie
14: Lilo & Stitch
13: TRON Legacy
12: Shaun Of The Dead
11: The Road To El Dorado
10: Wreck-It Ralph
9: Coraline
8: The LEGO Movie
7: The Last Jedi
6: Pacific Rim
5: Endgame
4: Nightmare Before Christmas
3: The Grand Budapest Hotel
2: Princess Mononoke
1: Spiderverse

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No Way Home was good. Like really really good. Like, it might be up there as one my favorite Spider-Man films period.

I'll be honest, I wasn't quite that keen on the first two MCU Spidey films as they didn't feel Spider-Man-y enough for me. No Way Home on the other hand really does feel like a Spider-Man film at its core. It delves deep into Peter and what's it's like to be Spider-Man and the consequences of it all. It's also just, straight-up fun

zit was so good seeing Toby and Andrew here. It really felt like they were giving theit iterationz of Spider-Man closure and it was nice to see em one last time.

I'm really curious how people who haven't seen the other Spidey films are gonna feel watching this. There's so many call-backs, that it felt very fan fiction-y, albeitin a good way.
we might end up with more movies with Andrew and Tobey…and Jaime Foxx…and so many more possible movie uses with them all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
For me it'd probably be:

Iron Man
Captain America Trilogy (they're honestly all solid)
The Avengers
Ant Man
Guardians 2
Spider-Man Homecoming
Avengers Infinity War + Endgame
Ant Man and the Wasp
Spider-Man No Way Home

• Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming

Glad to see another Edward Norton fan. I don't dislike Mark Ruffalo by any means, but I do agree that they've made Bruce Banner/Hulk a bit too comic relief and that the drama/tragedy of the character has been lost to a large extent. Not that the focus should be on him, but I hope they ground him a bit more during the upcoming She-Hulk series.

osby

Smash Obsessed
  • Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming

This can be fun
  • Thor
  • The Avengers
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp
  • Captain Marvel
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home

Overall, there are not too many movies I'd go out of my way but I enjoyed a good part of the movies I didn't list, especially Eternals.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
  • Iron Man 1
  • Incredible Hulk
  • the 4 Avengers films
  • GotG 1 and 2
  • Spider-Man Homecoming

Hey, someone else who likes The Incredible Hulk! While I personally prefer Ruffalo, Norton was still pretty good. Kind of a shame that this movie is almost completely forgotten/ intentionally ignored most likely because of Universals distribution rights...

Anyway, my favorite MCU movies:
  • Iron Man (replace Terrence Howard with Don Cheadle and this movie would be perfect for me)
  • Iron Man 3
  • Avengers - Age of Ultron
  • Avengers - Infinity War
  • Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Captain Marvel
honorable mention:
  • Thor Ragnarok
  • Ant-Man
  • Black Widow
  • The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
I haven't watched Eternals and Spider-Man No Way Home yet. Hopefully this changes soon.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’m really sad to say, I think this is the most disappointed by a movie I’ve seen this year. I had high hopes after the first Venom was a fun ride, but this was just okay.

Cons:
  • Pacing is breakneck, this was a problem with the original but LtbC really just needs to step back and let things flow naturally. An extra 15-20 minutes of character development and fleshing out certain scenes would go a loooooong way.
  • Tone is jumpy. You’re watching a serious scene and one of the characters suddenly cracks a joke and all the tension is lost.
  • Frances and Patrick are half baked and don’t need to be there. The film has too many ideas and characters running to flesh them out properly.
  • Lethal Protector is abruptly solved. This was the best part of the movie and the beginning of it actually did a great job setting up and establishing the issue seriously, but after the falling out Carnage just kinda forces the characters back together and the issue isn’t really brought up until the end where it’s just decided they’re on the same page about killing.
  • Action is jumpy, one second it holds on a shot and lets things go naturally, the next it goes through a series of quick movements and the camera slams back and forth following the characters, making it hard to get a grasp on whats happening.
  • These movies need to be Rated R. The violence of the characters and plot points about literally eating people would benefit infinitely from actual gore and savagery being shown. Or hell, just use blood ffs. TASM did it and still got a PG13.

That said, I did still enjoy the movie and look forward to the next one.

Pros
  • Eddie and Venoms relationship is still great.
  • The humor is still funny. Despite me feeling like a lot of the jokes didn’t fit their respective scenes, I did still find the majority of humor chuckle worthy.
  • Carnage is badass. Carnage was my favorite villain when I was really young so seeing him done well visually was amazing.
  • Post credits scene is more hype than any other I’ve seen. Finally getting to see both Spiderman and Venom in the same frame is more hype inducing to me than most can imagine. The Raimi trilogy did it but it’s different now that Venom has been properly established.

Overall, I think the movie could’ve dropped a few characters, added a lot of runtime, and focused more on some ideas, but I still enjoyed it. I hope the 3rd one can fix these issues when it comes around, I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
When you think it like that, people who hand flyers on the streets are just IRL random encounters.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm in a MCU mood. So I would like to ask all of you what your favorite films in the series are.
Here is mine in no particular order:
  • Iron Man
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • Captain America: Civil War
  • Avengers
  • Spider-Man: Far from Home
  • Spider-Man: Homecoming
  • Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Guardians of the Galaxy
  • Black Panther
As for the Disney+ series, I really enjoyed all of them so it is hard for me to pick my favourite.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Since there’s a lot of no way home talk all I wanna say is that I hope some gaming franchise picks up on the idea that NWH had and uses it as their plot/story of a game.

6 villains from past games that make their way into the present timeline to take down the hero/heroes who brought them down in their own timelines. I’m hoping we see some Franchise use this idea because no way home did it really well. I’d feel sonic could do it. Dunno who else could doit it since I don’t really play many 3rd party franchises.

Could you imagine a sonic game though where 6 villains from the past timelines that were defeated by shadow and sonic make their way into the present timeline due to eggman and they plan on taking the 2 down.

3 shadow villains and 3 sonic villains. It would be fun. Heck maybe you could add more if that’s too short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom