• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
What's the best way to get out of a chaingrab at higher percents? Roll, spot dodge, jump? I don't have a lot of practice against chaingrabbers.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
If it's a true chaingrab then you can't get out of it unless your opponent messes up.

Your best options would be pull a nade or spotdodge, depending on the chaingrab.

But if you always do 1 thing to escape a chaingrab, your opponent can predict that and punish you hard for it.

ErikG

Smash Ace
What's the best way to get out of a chaingrab at higher percents? Roll, spot dodge, jump? I don't have a lot of practice against chaingrabbers.
Pulling a nade works for a good majority of the chain-grabbers. It's a good idea to use a mix up of those options.If you always do a set thing, your opponent can foresee that easily and punish you.

edit: Yume beat me to it

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ohhh...well that sucks.
I wish there was one. :)
dont get me wrong, I'd love for us to have one, but no one here qualifys and it would give the wrong impressions, that doesnt mean we cant discuss stuff here and try to contribute to the metagame, but a backroom is a whole new ballgame

RATED

Smash Lord
Pulling a nade works for a good majority of the chain-grabbers. It's a good idea to use a mix up of those options.If you always do a set thing, your opponent can foresee that easily and punish you.

edit: Yume beat me to it
pulling a nade ... never do that against a DDD, he will see u mashing b... and will fsmash u.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
also make sure you never use ftilt, because ddd will see that coming an do a fully charged fsmash on you

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
You can pull out a nade and sheild? I just got grabbed by Hat's D3 enroot to losing. Why do people think the Snake D3 matchup is near even? It seems so hard.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
im pretty sure susa was the only one arguing that it was even. its in d3's favour yes, and barely winnable for snake if both characters are familiar with the mu.

mightychir

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0387-9912-4573
What is the most favourable way to counter a Diddy(without using his bananas against him)? Diddys always mess me up D:

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Have good DI is a great skill to have vs Diddy. It allows Snake to live until insanely high percents.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Against Diddy learn to instant throw bananas. Instant throw them off stage and then use your superior ground game and win :)

Use his bananas to completely control the ground.

With bananas + Nades + Mines, you can control the ground

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Use his bananas to completely control the ground.

With bananas + Nades + Mines, you can control the ground
A lulzy trick I like to do is drop a C4 right where the nanner is so that it conceals the C4, when Diddy Kong goes to pick up the nanner I can blow him up. Of course it wont work that well against pro diddy who knows that matchup well, but it will def make him think twice about getting that nanner.

can anyone pleeeease help me understand how to properly play the peach mu?
Umm, you should not spotdodge, rolling away is a pretty good option, if she fairs you never try to grab it, instead keep on holding shield and react/punish her follow up to it, lots of peaches like to fair to jab, with good timing you can grab her jab because it extends her hitbox. I find that dash attack works well for punish her landing. sometimes I go in crouch mode because then she cant dair you that well, and your dtilt is amazing imo. also she gets juggled easily, so always try to juggle her, nikita works well when shes off stage.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I've been practicing with Snake for a while and well...........................

How do you perform the sliding very far upsmash?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Snake and Marth?

:)
Snake/Marth is a good team actually.
- Both characters can live till very high %, Snake 190-200+, Marth 170-180%
- Both have good ability to rack up damage and are good at killing.
- Snake can stock tank, while marth can go on the aggressive
- Marth is superior in the air, Snake is great on the ground

this is just what ive noticed since i play both

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Snake/Marth is a good team actually.
- Both characters can live till very high %, Snake 190-200+, Marth 170-180%
- Both have good ability to rack up damage and are good at killing.
- Snake can stock tank, while marth can go on the aggressive
- Marth is superior in the air, Snake is great on the ground

this is just what ive noticed since i play both
Marth does not live to that percent. he is lighter than Peach. >.>

I would say 150-160

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I mained Marth for quite a while. I know about Marth. He does not live up to that high of percentages.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What the HELL is Snake saying when he enters the battle? It just sounds like "Get twi mumfi nwar"

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Does C4 from a previous stock count towards stale moves?

Is it based upon time or your action?

ie blows up on its own vs you blow it up yourself

What if it blew up as you respawned?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Does C4 from a previous stock count towards stale moves?

Is it based upon time or your action?

ie blows up on its own vs you blow it up yourself

What if it blew up as you respawned?
Alright, so let me help you out. 1st of all, your moves fully refresh when you die. Think about it this way. You have a list of 9 moves. Lets say you have been doing a lot of ftilt and c4. So here is your list. The newer moves are at the top of the list. Older at the bottom of the list.

Ftilt
Ftilt
C4
Ftilt
Ftilt
C4
Ftilt
Ftilt
C4.

So lets say you do a jab now.

So your list becomes
Jab
Ftilt
Ftilt
C4
Ftilt
Ftilt
C4
Ftilt
Ftilt

Now to actually answer your question. When you die your list becomes completely refreshed. It is blank. Only moves that hit your opponent(not their shield) go onto the list.

To answer your second question. A hit is a hit. It will add it to your list.

To answer the third question. It is still a hit. It will add it to your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom