• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
you dont bair to survive horizontally, btw. airdodge.

and im pretty sure ally (and other snake players) use uair to momentum cancel often because it is snake's shortest aerial (excluding airdodge), hence allowing snake to do another move or follow up quicker. i use it when im pretty sure ill survive, or if ive been playing ics recently.

if it cuts momentum better, prove it with a video. cause it still doesnt make any sense.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I don't know where the video is, but I remember at the same percents in a custom stage FF bair led him into the 10th plataform, while FF uair led him into the 9th plataform. But use bair instead of uair for horizontal momentum canceling.

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice

Although ad is faster, you cant ff it, by uair and ff, you can reduce some horizontal momentum, according to susa and swordguard.
When I tested this though (uncharged Fox dsmash on left side of FD, hitting Snake to the right) the airdodge and aerial momentum cancels weren't even close. Iirc, I got Snake to survive up to around 202% with uair and ff and to around 211% with airdodge. I did this with 1/4 speed in training mode, so my timing can't be that far off. Is there something I need to do differently with the aerial method?

EDIT: I just checked and the percents are 207% uair+ff and 213% for ad using the test I mentioned.

It is kind of funny I was going to ask what is the best method to survive when hit; an air dodge or up/back air a couple of days ago. I myself always air dodge on reflex. I have noticed the survival demon Ally uses in his matches either up or back air.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
When I tested this though (uncharged Fox dsmash on left side of FD, hitting Snake to the right) the airdodge and aerial momentum cancels weren't even close. Iirc, I got Snake to survive up to around 202% with uair and ff and to around 211% with airdodge. I did this with 1/4 speed in training mode, so my timing can't be that far off. Is there something I need to do differently with the aerial method?

EDIT: I just checked and the percents are 207% uair+ff and 213% for ad using the test I mentioned.
hmm, well i just read from the guide SuSa posted, but havent done any testing on it. But if you say that its better that way and you tested it ill take your word for it.

In my opinion, my favorite partners are:
1.) Ganondorf xD
2.) Kirby
3.) MK/ C. Falcon <(-O_O-)>

Yume, what guide?

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
What is the best way to try and escape chaingrabs at higher percents? Should I try to jump or spot dodge, or something else?

earth159

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have any tips on recovery/ falling options for snake? I try to mix up bairs/ fastfalling/ b reversals/ air dodging, but oftentimes i just get smacked, especially by characters like pikachu/ wolf/ wario who are fast and have good aerials.

Against Snake. Best way to punish Ftilt is to shield, then spotdodge shortly after shielding.

As Snake. Best way to avoid punishment of Ftilt is to throw Ftilt (1) out, if it hits a shield, then do nothing.

Confirm please?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I dunno who is in "The Snake Back Room"

@Xey- personally I like to ftilt1 then pivot grab. A lot of players will roll behind you expecting to punish ftilt2.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont think there really even is a snake backroom anymore attila, or any progress on his metagame either.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Against Snake. Best way to punish Ftilt is to shield, then spotdodge shortly after shielding.

As Snake. Best way to avoid punishment of Ftilt is to throw Ftilt (1) out, if it hits a shield, then do nothing.

Confirm please?
A lot of Snakes now will telegraph the spotdodge attempt and re-start an ftilt instead of finish the first one. The best thing you can do as Snake to avoid punishment from the ftilt is to try a jab right after IMO.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
pretty sure its dead, and dont get any ideas about making a new one, theres no-one here that posts that qualifys as being a high enough level snake to make one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom