• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Ultimate counter to IC's grabs: Leave nades around.

The end. Getting grabbed won't be much of a problem when you can always blow up when they grab ya.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Or you can just avoid getting grabbed, its reall not that hard considering their ****ty grab range, just run around and camp.

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Or you can just avoid getting grabbed, its reall not that hard considering their ****ty grab range, just run around and camp.
You could do this but eventually you get grabbed. Just think about it. :)

-copys you and chokes you out becuz you do happen too have a neck- =D
LOL....Not possible...Yume's to smart, you'll just get Grenade countered. :laugh:

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright, you guys don't know the ICs match up at all.

Alright, yes nades are great against the ICs, but they aren't the answer for everything against them. The ICs can walking chaingrab you away from your grenades.

Snakes real strength is his ability of shield pressure and his ability to seperate nana from popo and then instantly kill nana.

You retreat with your nades and cook them. Then you throw them. If they approach while you are cooking grab and IMMEDIATELY back throw. No hesitation.

Ftilt and utilt are obviously great in this MU. They can seperate nana and can keep you at a distance. Unless you hit with the first hit of ftilt DON'T use ftilt2.

Try to keep a nade out at all times. It helps.

If mikehazing isn't banned use it. (jerk move but money is money.)

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
You could do this but eventually you get grabbed. Just think about it. :)

LOL....Not possible...Yume's to smart, you'll just get Grenade countered. :laugh:
I had port priority ;)

also sinz is right about insta-killing nana... if she seperates from popo its a garunteed F-smash cuz she just trys to walk right through snake -_-

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
What is the more common for Snake? Tap jump on or off and why? Another controller layout question for me. I was mainly just wondering.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I used to have it on for the longest time, then i turned it off so i can dash dance and di better.

Plus i can do everything with tap jump on just as well as with tap jump off.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
No, its so you can hold the control stick up after doing a move with out jumping, that way if you do get hit youll DI up which is usually the right way to DI if you get hit to the sides.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
That might be a big plus for me Yume cause I have di trouble. I usually play tap on but I'll try the other way. Thanks.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I know a few players who have it both ways.

Pros of having it on.
You can buffer for double hop nair. (I love this. It comes out so nicely.)

Pros for having it off.
Easier to uptilt.

If you having trouble with di. Tap jump won't save you.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Sinz helping a fellow MD/northern Virginian. And yes Sinz, that goes without saying. I'm working on my di. I don't know if this means anything, but I survived a Marth upsmash in the high 140's on lylat. (I started in the 140's and after the u-smash I was at like 163%.)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Fun times. Snake's weight is one of his best factors. :)

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
How do you land when ur high up and MK follows you and waits for/baits an airdodge?

Pull out a nade?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
How would you guys play the DK matchup? Advice, please. :]

and anything I should be on the lookout for besides spaced Bairs, cargo throw stage spike, Dthrow to whatever. I know most of what DK can do, I just don't how to play it correctly. Camp, lol.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
How do you land when ur high up and MK follows you and waits for/baits an airdodge?

Pull out a nade?
Against MK you really have to be careful when you are high up. You can die as early as 100 from an up air up there. Nade reversing is your best bet. You really have to mix it up.

Before you nade reverse do a c4 reverse. It leaves you in a better position(no nade in hand and all.)

EDIT:

Against DK ask him to Double blind.

Just CP d3 and you won't have any troubles.

EDIT2: I will get you some help in just a bit. I have some things to take care of. However, after I am done I will toss out some tips.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Ohhh, yeah I talked with them for a while, they seem like really cool people ^.^
You guys should come to more tourneys, its fun!

And now we have another snake boarder from MA, hehehe.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
Hey guys this is my first time on the Snake boards and I got a question about pulling nade/c4 and reversing momentum. I did read the front page about it but still i can't seem to do it correctly =\ is there any more descriptive way on how to do it because I do it when I am not trying to but i can't do it when i want to.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero

Post count mean nothing, impress me by placing well at tourneys. =P
post count means nothing, impress me by spelling choke properly

tap jump on is for pros
quoted for truth

How would you guys play the DK matchup? Advice, please. :]

and anything I should be on the lookout for besides spaced Bairs, cargo throw stage spike, Dthrow to whatever. I know most of what DK can do, I just don't how to play it correctly. Camp, lol.
unless the DK has perfect bair vertical spacing (which he wont because he'll want 2 in 1 jump) you can crawl under bair and punish with dtilt, camping is really good against dk, use it alot, OOS dair is good too because dk is so big and its hard to correctly di the knockback from it, if your playing on a level like battlefield or lylat, place c4 on the plaform closest to the edge that you knocked dk off, then simply ledge hog his upB to force him onto the stage, and ledgejump and setoff the c4, great kill setup.

also if he tries to cargo throw you off the side and then fair you, fair him instead, snakes comes out faster.

and as for IC's, they are easy, its like that guy was saying before, snake seperates them so easily with all of his moves.
plus its not hard to grab popo, do a back throw and then charge an fsmash, nana will run right through snake into it and get *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom