• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
MK, Falco, and Diddy are all excellent secondaries.
They each have good or even MUs with D3, Falco, Olimar, MK.
They also have even to advantage Mus with the ditto.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I think Falco is snake's best secondary...or mk.

But Falco because he beats D3, can camp, and can take on a MK if you camp right. Just my opinion if you are picking up a 2ndary.

I think Falco is snake's best secondary...or mk.

But Falco because he beats D3, can camp, and can take on a MK if you camp right. Just my opinion if you are picking up a 2ndary.
Meh. Falco isn't really that great. Snake can go even, or advantged against every single character in the game if you believe Snake goes even with Olimar and DDD.

It really comes down to being a secondary that handles the match-ups you have problems with as Snake. Because I have problems Powershielding (wifi lag) I picked up Falco to handle projectile users that would often times mess up snake. (Snake without being to PS means he gets outcamped a ton).

For example, I often times have problems with heavier characters like DDD, DK, Bowser and Ganon with Falco due to his inability to kill. So I choose to go Snake against them. While DDD is said to beat Snake, I feel my Snake counters DDDs better than Falco does. In the end, it really comes down to how you play and deal with things that determine your secondary. Play around a bit and find someone you think works for you.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Nah, pick up IC's, they do better against these matchup than Falco does.
Because everyone knows how to fight against MK, and there will be alot of MK's better than you.
this and this.

secondaries are designed to take on your bad mus, but only in situations where the mu can be considered favourable. in that sense, there is no secondary to take on mk. you could pick him up, but given that he'll be your secondary, there is little hope of you defeating a skilled player who actually mains and dedicates ALL their time to mk. so the ditto wont help you either. snake can beat mk, its just hard, and all your mistakes are super punishable. so yeah, cant really cover the mk mu with anything.

that being said, other gay mus, like oli, falco, d3, and pikachu are all taken care of by ice climbers (whom i second). i dont really need to focus on them that much, because i just use them for my bad mus. so my snake is as strong as a main should be. that being said, ics are one of the harder characters in the game to get used to and develop, so while theyre ideal, be prepared.

How well does Snake fight on Pokemon Staium 1? Taking into consideration the transformations? good - neutral - bad?
It's baad.

shmot said:
i dont like ps1. i think snake struggles to deal with the multiple transformations more than other characters. when its in its neutral form its kinda like fd with a few platforms, and actually works really well for snake; camping under/near the platforms is easy, as is using them like you do in bf to punish and stop aerial approaches. but then theres some gayness afterwards.

the tree is dangerous because its a wall that you can be cg-ed or dtilt locked against. stick to one side and camp to stop the other person getting over. alternatively, remember a number of your moves can go through it to punish obvious approaches.

the windmill is stupid in this game. they tried to fix it from melee but made it worse. avoid at all costs unless your at death percents, cause snake gets juggled to death here. but teching can help you live if youre almost dead anyway. and the unevenness of the stage makes jabbing and grabbing more difficult than they should be too.

the rock is also stupid; try and go to the right and camp. the other person will rarely approach. dont go in the middle. ever. you will get comboed to hell and back.

the forest part isnt that bad, just watch out for the unevenness in the middle. the platforms and trees help you get the kill upon landing, and your fsmash will hit a large number of characters under you. this would be one of your better sections.

so yeah, i dont like most of this stage. i dont think id ever really use it as a cp, but i know diddy and other high mobility characters like to take us here. so i suppose in summary, stay active will its neutral, and slow down your play when it transforms, cause most characters enjoy the gayness more than we do.

on a side note, i also wanted to mention a few things about YI, seems apparently i missed the discussion. namely regarding the unevenness of the stage (which wasnt mentioned in the summary). firstly, jabs and grabs wont hit a number of characters when theyre in the middle, edges, or have just got up from the ledge, which actually limits our options somewhat, and serves as the main reason i hate this stage. on a more positive note, however, if you fh nair from one of the high parts into the middle, it will ac, allowing you to counter their counter or shield or whatever.
That's why :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
an intresting and useful secondary for snake is luigi believe it or not, luigi is hard to use and needs some effort put into him, but he is considered to be not only olimar's, but also diddy worst matchup, and they are both good characters against snake, and not many people would know how to fight against luigi.

the only weakness here is that d3 also happens to **** luigi.

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
Why have I seen people call Snake's down throw follow up a tech chase? The opponent can't tech the throw right? Oh and is switching the C-stick to tilts a good idea? It is so much easier to up-tilt and I hardly C-stick smash attacks anyway. I can still dacus and c-stick aerials normally.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
its not a "tech" per se llama paste, after you use dthrow on them its all about reading your opponent, you have to predict which way they'll move, if they roll forwards you run forward a split second faster and rebrab them, if they get up shield the attack and grab again or if they roll behind you can whirl around and give them a knee in the face XD there's more options then that but thats the gist of it

i've never tried that control style but i can see how it'd help out, input from any other snakes?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I tried that for a while when I started. Eventually I just came back to the basic set up. I just learned the value of Dsmash, Usmash, and fsmash. They are good moves learn to use them.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just SDI out of it. Its not worth taking another 12% when you can just avoid it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Depends on where you are in the blizzard. At point blank yeah. However, at the tip of it I don't think so. Just retreat and throw cook a nade instead. =-D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't think Hylian likes us discussing Ice Climbers.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
What if you do the reverse nade trick? then it should hit the IC's no matter where you are in the blizzard.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
but still, free damage on the ICs, whereas your damage matters less cuz a grab is a stock no matter what percentage you have.

.decoy

Smash Ace
actually i would sometimes go for this at low %'s as at those %'s since you can be solo'd til nana shows up for the real thing

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
cmon guys, everyone knows that as a snake player, its nearly always good to trade damage with people because we live forever AND kill really early, less noob opinions please, lets see more smart thinking like this
but still, free damage on the ICs, whereas your damage matters less cuz a grab is a stock no matter what percentage you have.
see what he's getting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom