• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake FAQ/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
But, it is great for setting up and helping punish dodging :D

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Idk if anyone even SDI triple jabs since it doesnt really last that long. I think its good for getting kills when your f-tilt is stale.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Pretty open-ended question, but how can I improve with Snake? I know all the AT's and mechanics of DI and whatnot, as every scrub does, but I need to learn the finer skills of being unpredictable/ not getting punished/ fully punishing others. Also, if you have any tips about DI or finer nade control I'll gladly take them.

Thanks in advance.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Just keep on play people better than you, they will punish your mistakes and you will learn to not do them/mix them up.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
camp heaps, but when you camp your not so much trying to do damage but rather utilize your explosives in a way that makes them come to you, but you limit the options on their approach making it easier for you to predict and punish.

some examples, stand behind a dsmash mine to stop them from just running straight in while you nade camp.

put a downsmash mine on a platform (like the one on halberd) thats halfway between you and them and when they run under it, trigger it by throwing a nade at it.

if your camping and they are coming from the air try to keep a mortar up there as much as possible.

thats just some basic stuff, try to keep yourself protected and their options limited more then doing damage.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Hey Im new to the boards so please help me out,

I was wondering, what the matchup of snake vs pit it and what a snake should do against a pit that camps and uses arrows alot

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Learn2powershield.

And approach him and force him to fight CQC, this matchup, like vs. Falco, you should focus much more on CQC than nade camping.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
maaan. I still got mad trouble against DK, its buggin me lol.

Any advice or tips for the Wario matchup as well? I know the basics, Grab Release, all that. But anything would be nice.

RATED

Smash Lord
maaan. I still got mad trouble against DK, its buggin me lol.

Any advice or tips for the Wario matchup as well? I know the basics, Grab Release, all that. But anything would be nice.
DK is hard with snake since he has range , his annoying Down B and his Bair , also the power to kill early and quick smashes. but that doesnt say u cant camp him , 1st ur stage against him should be FD, never pick u Battlefield or Yoshi's against DK since he's mad good in both and if CP ban them Brinstar they will wreak u there LOL.

beware of his Down B , go to training and study that range really I am not joking. also don't spotdodge at his face since u would eat a Dsmash or a Fsmash or a annoying Down B. also NEVER if he throw u offstage NEVER jump and near quickly since he will bair ur nair and since u don't have jumps left he will followup that bair with a Dair to ur death and he will return safely bcuz he gets hit by the cypher.

his UP B is annoying if they know how to use it wisely, Dtilt has range and trips so they will techase u or just simply Down B anothertime, also Down B explode all ur explosive except the C4.

Cargo Throw when he throws u offstage with it ... vary ur reaction after it since they can predict a jump to cypher and punish it with FAIR if they are really sure that u will do they will **** u with that. also a good dk will never start charging his punch against Snake since they try to start limiting ur space by going out of reach of ur Ftilt 1st and u getting inside their Down B range.

I hope I helped. also DKs love to destroy Snake's Uptilt with the full charged punch.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I would say so, DDD's chaingrab to snakes forward smash is ****. Plus DDD's is one of the few characters that works well with snake in doubles due to his back air and being able to cover snake's weaknesses.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Metaknight. You can stick him and have so many amazing little combos. He covers every possible weakness for Snake.

The combos I am talking about are.
Upthrow to C4
Tornado to c4
Nair to C4

They just rock. >:)

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight. You can stick him and have so many amazing little combos. He covers every possible weakness for Snake.

The combos I am talking about are.
Upthrow to C4
Tornado to c4
Nair to C4

They just rock. >:)
lolol ye but i need a backup cuz my partner isnt too active now

I have some friends that use d3, samus, gnw

would those b good?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
D3 and GnW would be good. GnW is always good in teams. :) D3 is one of the top support characters. :) Have him be GnW and have him plank a bunch.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake and DDD are great as a team because they never die and kill in 5 hits. With DI they are the 2 heaviest characters in the entire game (excluding DK up b braking). But I still wondered if there was something more than that.

Drift108

Smash Apprentice
Snake and DDD are great as a team because they never die and kill in 5 hits. With DI they are the 2 heaviest characters in the entire game (excluding DK up b braking). But I still wondered if there was something more than that.
well d3 can have air and offstage with bair and multiple jumps and snake being broken and kewl has the floor and the all mighty utilt

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
What's the best horizontal momentum cancel for Snake? I thought I saw somewhere that it is uair+fastfall+jump, but I've found that this barely helps, if at all. Airdodging and then jumping seems to work a lot better. Am I doing something wrong with the uair method or is the airdodge method actually better?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Bair + fast fall if you are hit vertically.

Airdodge then jump if you are recovering horizontally.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
So now it's airdodge with Snake too?

What the heeeelllll?! People been lying to me all these years telling me to aerial with Snake AND Diddy.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
We just found all of the frame exact data. I think it is like a one or two frame difference.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
We just found all of the frame exact data. I think it is like a one or two frame difference.
Although ad is faster, you cant ff it, by uair and ff, you can reduce some horizontal momentum, according to susa and swordguard.

Kishin

Smash Ace
How do you cancel up+b into a jump? I CPU Snake just did it to me and further footstooled me. It was like a jump to the side. I spent a few minutes in Training mode trying to replicate it but to no avail. So how exactly is this tech done?

Kishin

Smash Ace
Okay, I guess that explains it. Didn't really consider that since the jump had some directional momentum and I put footstools in the directly vertical jump category.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Snake FF Uair reduces more vertical knockback than FF Bair, so Uair should be used when you get knocked vertically.

etecoon

Smash Hero
doesn't seem like it should be so at all, I've heard the theory that uair is better than bair for horizontal hits because although slower, uair shrinks your hurtbox horizontally while bair extends it(moves you towards the blast zone), but this sounds like it has no basis

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Yes, it does. It is proven in a video I don't remember and I live longer vertically by doing it. Try with a Snake Utilt with no DI, just uair momentum canceling, and you'll discover I'm telling the truth, living a bit longer by fast falling Uair instead of fast fall Bair. Ally uses Uair to momentum cancel vertical knockback, which is the right way to do it. I don't know why does Snake live longer with FF Uair, but it is so. FF bair lives longer than do nothing to stop the vertical knockback, but FF Uair allows to live EVEN longer.

Basically use bair to survive horizontally, and if you are too close to the top, FF Uair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom