• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I don't think you understand either.

I say in the podcast:
"What is a weakness of Metaknight"

they say:
"HE'S LIGHT!"

I say:
"Bull****. Metaknight kills at earlier percentages than mots of the cast does, makign when he dies almost irrelevant, and he lives more than long enough to be viable. He isn't that light. I was even able to survive Snake's u-air at 180% against Noodles on WiFi. That shouldn't be possible if Metaknight is as light as you make him out to be.

Everyone with two brain cells:

SURVIVED SNAKE'S U-AIR AT 180%?! THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!
One anecdote that fails to provide all variable information (hit degeneration, what part of the uair hit with, etc) does not make the rest of your analysis 100% fact; the most you can say for certain is that you survived a Snake uair at 180% with MK.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah, you remember that one time in the one place where that one guy played snake and beat that one metaknight guy?

Me neither. :(
yeah actually I do

but maybe that's because I don't live in a region whose only talent is some pika player

considering mk is so broken OS you must suck *** if you can't even win in the MIDWEST with him :laugh: :laugh:

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
aww man :(

I definitely agree with the summery though................ MK is beatable........ maybe it's just because the game is so new but **** is it hard to beat him right now!!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
(everything)
Great post, you seem to really know what you're talking about. I have no idea what character(s) you play, but Kirby is obviously one of them, or you are around good Kirbys all the time.

I'll give it a try...I hate to limit the game to just using a few moves, but that's what winning is all about, it seems.

I mean, when I play Meta Knight (very rarely), I like to use upsmash, uptilt, side B, down B, and other moves that other Metas rarely use. That's why I "suck" with him ^^

Seriously though. Super smash bros meta is my favorite game. Facing the same character every other time I fight someone or beat them makes so much sense and is lots of fun.
I heard that we were playing Super Snake Bros. Brawl o_o

OH SH-

Anyway, with the discovery of "Doop Walking" http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154
I have determined that Meta Knight is no longer broken, the metagame has advanced, and debate need no longer continue. 8)

but maybe that's because I don't live in a region whose only talent is some pika player

considering mk is so broken OS you must suck *** if you can't even win in the MIDWEST with him
How far do you have to travel to play someone?

I know of only one person within FORTY MINUTES of me, so being able to practice offline is pretty much out of the question. You'd suck if you lived here too, gtfo!
/hates midwest

Overswarm

is laughing at you
yeah actually I do

considering mk is so broken OS you must suck *** if you can't even win in the MIDWEST with him :laugh: :laugh:
I have a winning record against Anther overall, and my MK vs. Pika record is 1-1 against him.

I also stopped playing the game the moment I started maining MK and still win money.

I'm also not from a region so scrubby they have to ban D3's standing infinite and one of their "top talents" is Inui, a player who loses to Sonic and then switches to MK and magically becomes good.

What now?

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
what do i do against jiggs in melee? my best melee skill, comboing (and gimping), is nearly useless

no jones OS you complain way too much just play the game. You were doing fine with Rob so just use who you're good with. The reason Chu uses Kirby is because he's good with him.

I'm not trying to get involved in ya'll irrelevant quarrel you two are still shooting with. However I wholeheartedly agree with this statement by m2k. As well as the whole for/against MetaKnight scenario. Play who you like and you'l see results. Mainly because you actually enjoy using that character. That means you are already a step ahead of the opponet who will probably be trying to gay you with a counterpick.

A example of this is Bum (DK) when he versed Inui (MK) If he stopped trying to gay DK with Tornado all them times and did it enough (Wisely) He would've probably dominated Bum IMO by using alternative moves.

Were very good matches btw though. Was entertaining watching those on youtube. Mainly because Bums a creative beast with his main DK. And he was versing a skilled player that threw his skills out the window because he was emphasizing on how to gay his opponet moreso then actually winning via thought & skill.

Also. I've officially come to the conclusion that alot of people on here, have no sense. None.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I was even able to survive Snake's u-air at 180% against Noodles on WiFi. That shouldn't be possible if Metaknight is as light as you make him out to be.
Its WIFI, which means there is LAG, which means you have tons more time to DI <_<. Atomsk teched my dragoon when we were messing around on wifi with items. Dragoon hits one frame after you press the button so you have to have beyond godlike reflexes to tech it if there isn't any lag. Saying dragoon is techable and therefore useless and should be a reason to turn items on in tournaments because it doesn't kill is an AWFUL argument though.

Your ability one time in your time entire life on WiFi to survive Snake's upair at 180 didn't keep you from getting 9th with the unbeatable Meta Knight so clearly what "amazing" "easy" "unbeatable" things you claim to do are nowhere near as good as you say.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I have a winning record against Anther overall, and my MK vs. Pika record is 1-1 against him.

I also stopped playing the game the moment I started maining MK and still win money.

I'm also not from a region so scrubby they have to ban D3's standing infinite and one of their "top talents" is Inui, a player who loses to Sonic and then switches to MK and magically becomes good.

What now?
good thing he hasn't lost to sonic in a long *** time huh

also if what you've said about diddy is any indication, you don't know **** about any character outside of rob

Smash Master
So M2K and Inui are happy, and everyone with any hope of ever using another character besides MK is screwed. No johns, I guess. Just pick up MK. If everybody uses him, the SBR will have no choice.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Its WIFI, which means there is LAG, which means you have tons more time to DI <_<. Atomsk teched my dragoon when we were messing around on wifi with items. Dragoon hits one frame after you press the button so you have to have beyond godlike reflexes to tech it if there isn't any lag. Saying dragoon is techable and therefore useless and should be a reason to turn items on in tournaments because it doesn't kill is an AWFUL argument though.

Your ability one time in your time entire life on WiFi to survive Snake's upair at 180 didn't keep you from getting 9th with the unbeatable Meta Knight so clearly what "amazing" "easy" "unbeatable" things you claim to do are nowhere near as good as you say.
You.... didn't score high on the reading section of the ACT, did you? :(

I even made a post that ended with people with only 2 brain cells saying OMGWTF 180%?!?!?!?, implying that that wasn't the focus of my statement. :\

And I won doubles that tournament, and did so without playing the game save for the tournament 2 months previous. That's pretty lame, no?

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
e and one of their "top talents" is Inui, a player who loses to Sonic and then switches to MK and magically becomes good.

What now?
Inui was placing pretty high with pit, and he is good. I mean yeah, we do got a lot of D3's (its annoying..... very annoying) but you cant discredit our players. You should come out here and play sometime (not me though.... I'm not all that lol)

and P.S
I'm picking up ROB cause of your guide lolz

Master Raven

Smash Master
D3's standing infinite is absolutely gay and stupid and should be banned. Any mediocre player who knows the timing can beat a high-level player like Bum's DK.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
And I won doubles that tournament, and did so without playing the game save for the tournament 2 months previous. That's pretty lame, no?
yeah, that's the nature of brawl in general, stop using mk as a scapegoat for something that is the general nature of the game

and yeah d3's infinite is stupid and makes characters have 100-0 matchups against him so they are literally unusable and that's even worseoff than anything mk or snake does to any characters

and how come you seem to ignore like half the posts that go against you

cman

Smash Ace
Anyway, with the discovery of "Doop Walking" http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154
I have determined that Meta Knight is no longer broken, the metagame has advanced, and debate need no longer continue. 8)
Not really. It does look cool, but might turn out to have only a limited number of character specific uses, and all the other stuff turn out to be no more practical than walking. In otherwords, it has had no affect on the metagame yet.

PS-You have the funniest sig ever. I laugh everytime i see it

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I thought pretty hard about the banning of MK too, and I have been swayed multiple times. I listened to the entire podcast and I really agreed with the pro-ban; they really came up with some good arguments, but I still remained neutral in the end.

I really think the whole reason why Meta Knight should have been banned was because of his effect on the metagame, not that because he is all godly. During my pondering, I came to decide that a temporary ban would be the best option. Think about it - other characters' metagames would be developed for a few months, and then we could bring back Meta Knight. Still, I guess we can get the same effect of developed metagame with MK in the game, it'll just take longer, and the metagame will mostly be revolving around "How to beat MK".

Really, only time will tell what will happen. I honestly think that only good can come from the effect. MK will be taken down. It all depends on Yoshi.
:p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Not really. It does look cool, but might turn out to have only a limited number of character specific uses, and all the other stuff turn out to be no more practical than walking. In otherwords, it has had no affect on the metagame yet.

PS-You have the funniest sig ever. I laugh everytime i see it
I was kinda joking :p

and thanks

Sliq

Smash Master
I 4 stocked sliq the most recent time we played in 1:22, ***** him both games, he recorded it, then lied about it being taped saying only 1 second got recorded. He did it again the very next day. I hate a lot of you midwest fags
You know what M2K. You can ****ing suck a ****. I'm sick of you spouting this god**** nonsense. My ****ing camera did fail. It is a DIGITAL ****ING CAMERA that is several years old. I have a **** ton of failed videos. No one else *****es about them but you. Nobody thinks I am better than you. ****, nobody even thinks I am good. Don't open your ****ing mouth about me ever again. I'm sick of your bull****. Stop ****ing bad mouthing me you little *****.

**** you M2K. **** you.

Edit: I left this here because I hate retroactive editing (everyone will just be like, omfg wut happooned?), but the issue is resolved. M2K apologized for insinuating I was purposefully lying to make myself look better, and I accepted.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
You know what M2K. You can fucking suck a cock. I'm sick of you spouting this goddamn nonsense. My fucking camera did fail. It is a DIGITAL FUCKING CAMERA that is several years old. I have a shit ton of failed videos. No one else bitches about them but you. Nobody thinks I am better than you. Fuck, nobody even thinks I am good. Don't open your fucking mouth about me ever again. I'm sick of your bullshit. Stop fucking bad mouthing me you little bitch.

Fuck you M2K. Fuck you.

Owned.

On a more serious note, I'm pro-ban. The news disappointed me, but I can live with it, for now. I still recommend trying a temporary ban. Brawl's metagame isn't getting anywhere, right now. Getting rid of Meta Knight for a while ought to help.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Nobody likes M2K. I'm surprised he even wants the videos up. I always heard he didn't like people seeing him play because then they could learn from him and eventually beat him.

What an *******.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
lol. i remember M3D's first post about saying no flaming. guess it didnt work out :laugh:
and MK IS NOT, i repeat, is NOT hindering brawls metagame. how so? hes good. ok. he ***** several chars making them unviable for turney play! well guess what? THOSE CHARS GET ***** BY THE ENTIRE TOP TIER anyway. brawls metagame is advancing, we freakin found dope walking today (lol, its gangsta), how can you say its not?

-Ran

Smash Master
Nobody likes M2K. I'm surprised he even wants the videos up. I always heard he didn't like people seeing him play because then they could learn from him and eventually beat him.

What an *******.
Isn't the point of a game to keep winning? Would you do the same if you were making a few hundred bucks every month?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
lol. i remember M3D's first post about saying no flaming. guess it didnt work out :laugh:
and MK IS NOT, i repeat, is NOT hindering brawls metagame. how so? hes good. ok. he ***** several chars making them unviable for turney play! well guess what? THOSE CHARS GET ***** BY THE ENTIRE TOP TIER anyway. brawls metagame is advancing, we freakin found dope walking today (lol, its gangsta), how can you say its not?
Most the dope walking was already known :/ link players used it a ton. It isn't new.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Remember that one time SuperRyan won that one tournament?

Me neither :(
i played him @ a tourney. i lost , advanced to losers semis, and lost :(
not sure how he went, but im pretty sure he was at least above winners semis

Most the dope walking was already known :/ link players used it a ton. It isn't new.
well it got posted today, so it was pretty much "discovered" today.

Sliq

Smash Master
My flaming has nothing to do with the topic at hand, it has to do with M2K being a vindictive jerk.

Edit: See previous edit.

infomon

Smash Scientist
MK may be really light and with out DI he may die really early, but since he has a the fastest airial in the game to cancel his momentum, wouldnt that make him harder to kill than characters that might be heavier than him?
Actually, not really, no. Despite MK's amazingly fast Uair, he benefits very little from Brawl's momentum-cancelling system. For vertical KOs, the aerial speed doesn't matter, you just need to fastfall any aerial as it comes out; MK's fall speed is pretty quick according to one list I've seen, I'm not sure if they were using fastfall or regular fall though, but regardless MK is light enough that he still doesn't have an easy time surviving vertical KOs.

As for horizontal ones, where the fast Uair can actually help momentum cancelling: MK still has a terrible time. His floaty jumps have such terrible airspeed/acceleration, they barely help him survive at all; the extra boost you get for jumping in hitstun-cancelled knockback really goes against MK's favour. His side-B (drill) is his best tool for counteracting knockback, but as you know this leaves him miserably vulnerable, and he still doesn't have much horizontal movement after it's done so if he needs the drill to survive the side killzone, he'll still have a terrible time making it back to the stage.

AFAICT MK's best option is usually to cancel hitstun with his Uair, then immediately jump into a glide. But he still barely survives, relative to other lightweights like G&W, Pikachu, Squirtle, and Fox that seem to have better momentum-cancelling options.

I'm all run forward and spot dodge Mew2King's grab and then I'm all BOWSER F-SMASH RARRRRR
vids or it didn't happen. :laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You know what M2K. You can fucking suck a cock. I'm sick of you spouting this goddamn nonsense. My fucking camera did fail. It is a DIGITAL FUCKING CAMERA that is several years old. I have a shit ton of failed videos. No one else bitches about them but you. Nobody thinks I am better than you. Fuck, nobody even thinks I am good. Don't open your fucking mouth about me ever again. I'm sick of your bullshit. Stop fucking bad mouthing me you little bitch.

Fuck you M2K. Fuck you.
I think you're good <3

Only Bowser I've ever lost to, and it was **** at that.

And oh, THAT'S how you bypass the language filter :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom