• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
yeah this is probably the best decision for now...i don't think a temporary ban would work so better safe than sorry

but anyways it should be up to tournament organizers like u said really

btw what do u mean Kawaii? Yoshi doesn't do that bad against MK...smash brothers is actually more variable then ppl seem to think, u can't just count anyone out like that.
wow, lol, I feel like an idiot now, Yoshi doesn't do bad against MK...but he doesn't do well against pretty much the rest of the cast. Kind of odd, lol

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
yea what's a closet tier?
Someone who picks a top tier character, but will debate to the ends of the earth that he didn't pick the character because he was top tier.

Edit: psst, I switched to snake from pit to be able to fight mk.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Someone who picks a top tier character, but will debate to the ends of the earth that he didn't pick the character because he was top tier.
lol i have seen those

i remember at my first brawl tourny a month ago, i sat down and watch this kid switch between snake and mk through all his matches.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
don't listen to overswarm, he's extremely biased and stupid.

I 4 stocked sliq in tourney earlier this year with Marth in 1 minute 22 seconds on battlefield, marth vs jiggs. But people like King and Mango and Hungrybox beat my Marth like half the time or something. Using him as an example just shows how much you know. Sliq actually recorded the match and then said afterwords (because I ***** him so badly) that only 1 second of it got saved. The next day, in Brawl, my DDD 3 stocked his Jiggs and he recorded it, then again said only 1 second of it got taped.
Sliq has placed incredibly well and is a good player (almost beat you in tournament, if I do recall), and is much better than I ever was in Melee. I still was able to beat him from time to time via flukes and was able to maintain a winning record by just never playing him in tournament after that. My post was a joke, which seemed to go over your head. Sorry. I'll use joke tags next time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkcM0XwMOU4

Also, he has no problem with videos of him getting owned being uploaded, nor himself being recorded. It is more than likely that he's telling the truth, especially since I've seen videos that were SUPPOSED to be recorded do exactly as he described on his camera.

That's much better than someone who doesn't let people record him because he "plays worse when people record him" and "people steal my strategies", no? QQ more. =P

edit - the last time I played PC's marth with jiggs I got him down to 1 stock (that's actually the only time I ever did that match with him, or fought him with Jiggs as far as I can remember), despite the fact that his marth is much better than my jiggs
...thanks.... for the... tidbit?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
never listen to him, he just says anything he wants. He actually tried to justify that MK lives snakes uair to 180 and then said MK isn't light when hes one of the top 5 lightest in the game.

no he didn't almost beat me, he recorded a match where i AIR DODGED OFF THE STAGE, was playing like ****, then recorded PART OF ONE of the THREE matches in our set, to make himself look better. During that same pool, a random luigi was getting my mains down to 1 stock, and some random people that I usually 3-4 stock were having close games with me. I 4 stocked sliq the most recent time we played in 1:22, ***** him both games, he recorded it, then lied about it being taped saying only 1 second got recorded. He did it again the very next day. I hate a lot of you midwest fags

Overswarm

is laughing at you
never listen to him, he just says anything he wants. He actually tried to justify that MK lives snakes uair to 180 and then said MK isn't light when hes one of the top 5 lightest in the game.
I believe I said "I survived Snakes u-air at 180%"... which I did... against Noodles. Who came into the thread and said "Yeah, that happened".

My point was to say that no matter how light you think he is, he's heavy enoguh to where being light isn't an issue.

If we have 10 weights and the heaviest is a 500 lb. weight and the lightest is a 495 lb. weight, sure, the 495 lb. weight is the lightest but it sure as hell doesn't mean it is light.

no he didn talmost beat me, he recorded a match where i AIR DODGED OFF THE STAGE, was playing like ****, then recorded PART OF ONE of the THREE matches that he won, to make himself look better. During that same pool, a random luigi was getting my mains down to 1 stock, and some random people that I usually 3-4 stock were having close games with me. I 4 stocked sliq the most recent time we played in 1:22, ***** him both games, he recorded it, then lied about it being taped. He did it again the very next day. I hate a lot of you midwest ***s
You really cling to everyone thinking you're perfect, don't you? :p

I bet it really burns you up that people think you're less skilled in Brawl since you use Metaknight. :\

Ryan-K

Smash Master
overswarm's debunking the previous poster's points and winning tournaments since switching from rob in addition to his incredibly in depth knowledge on characters such as diddy have sure convinced me to wanna ban mk!!!!!!!!!!

edit: that analogy is ******** because weight isn't a number in smash, it's all relative to other characters. if mk is living to 180 then wario shouldnt die till like 250 or later

feardragon64

Smash Champion
you're just stupid overswarm, you really are. Nothing I said is a lie. Anyone who's in back room knows how you really are
You two have an obsession with arguing.
Why not just ignore each other? Or you know, at least not flame each other.
That doesn't go to M2K specifically.
You guys already argued it out. If the other person isn't listening anymore than stop arguing. I'm no mod but even though I doubt it's been addressed because you're both esteemed players....you guys stopped arguing a while ago. Now you two are just flame war'ing.

Edit: Obviously I'm talking about OS vs M2K

Overswarm

is laughing at you
overswarm's debunking the previous poster's points and winning tournaments since switching from rob in addition to his incredibly in depth knowledge on characters such as diddy have sure convinced me to wanna ban mk!!!!!!!!!!

edit: that analogy is ******** because weight isn't a number in smash, it's all relative to other characters. if mk is living to 180 then wario shouldnt die till like 250 or later
I frequently live to 200%+ with ROB.

DI, son.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
from snakes uair?

because if so it just proves snakes uair isn't as strong as you seem to imply by yelling around that mk lives to 180

if he's dying earlier than other characters then it proves he is light lmao

what's even funnier is how when
I frequently live to 200%+ with ROB.
it's because of your
yet when mk lives to 180 it's because he's broken

lmfaaaaao

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar does good vs MK, you need to play good people that DI moves and don't get ***** by tornado because they are stupid and don't block it and punish it.
lol, the tornado is crap against Olimar.

I'm not talking about tactics that work on dumb people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
from snakes uair?

because if so it just proves snakes uair isn't as strong as you seem to imply by yelling around that mk lives to 180

if he's dying earlier than other characters then it proves he is light lmao

what's even funnier is how when

it's because of your

yet when mk lives to 180 it's because he's broken

lmfaaaaao
Er.... I live to 200%+ with ROB frequently because he's really heavy. People all know ROB is really heavy. If people said ROB was a middle weight I'd go "Buh?" and tell them about how I live a long time...

Snakes' u-air is a move that we know isn't that weak, and I managed to live with good DI and momentum canceling while I was Metaknight. This surprised Noodles and I to a large degree because it is uncommon, but it shouldn't be possible. There isn't a "range" in knockback of a fresh u-air, so this happening was saddening for both of us.

Metaknight doesn't die at 80% on average. It'd be awesome if he did, but he doesn't.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Er.... I live to 200%+ with ROB frequently because he's really heavy. People all know ROB is really heavy. If people said ROB was a middle weight I'd go "Buh?" and tell them about how I live a long time...

Snakes' u-air is a move that we know isn't that weak, and I managed to live with good DI and momentum canceling while I was Metaknight. This surprised Noodles and I to a large degree because it is uncommon, but it shouldn't be possible. There isn't a "range" in knockback of a fresh u-air, so this happening was saddening for both of us.

Metaknight doesn't die at 80% on average. It'd be awesome if he did, but he doesn't.
ROB is heavier than MK

ROB is living longer than MK

so uh...what's the problem?

MK is statistically lighter than most characters, thus he dies earlier barring recovery. in the situation you described other characters would live longer.

MK doesn't die at 80 but only like fox and maybe gaw do, he is still really light. brawl inherently lets you live longer than you should by the rules of smash because of DI/ floatiness. maybe if ddd was dying at 80 from a regular attack you would have a point, but he doesn't.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
That situation is a bit silly, because it implies either:

1) skill on the part of the MK player involved to survive,
2) move degeneration on the part of the opponent, or
3) a little bit of both.

I fail to see what MK did in that situation that made it broken.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
superryan, I don't think you understand.

People say one of the weaknesses of Metaknight is that he is light.

Unfortunately, he kills people at ridiculously low % which offsests that... but more importantly, the difference between "light" and "average" in this case if a very small amount. Metaknight lives to a decent percentage more often than not, thus making his "lightness" not really that light, and not really a weakness.

The overall point is that Metaknight lives long enough to do the damage that is necessary. I don't think you're quite following that.

That situation is a bit silly, because it implies either:

1) skill on the part of the MK player involved to survive,
2) move degeneration on the part of the opponent, or
3) a little bit of both.

I fail to see what MK did in that situation that made it broken.
I don't think you understand either.

I say in the podcast:
"What is a weakness of Metaknight"

they say:
"HE'S LIGHT!"

I say:
"Bull****. Metaknight kills at earlier percentages than mots of the cast does, makign when he dies almost irrelevant, and he lives more than long enough to be viable. He isn't that light. I was even able to survive Snake's u-air at 180% against Noodles on WiFi. That shouldn't be possible if Metaknight is as light as you make him out to be.

Everyone with two brain cells:

SURVIVED SNAKE'S U-AIR AT 180%?! THAT'S UNPOSSIBLE!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I bet it really burns you up that people think you're less skilled in Brawl since you use Metaknight. :\
If you ever play M2K I can guarantee you will take that statement back. You'll realize he takes his character to a whole different level. There's a difference between scrubby MK's and Jason. You'll have to play him to believe it, you really have no idea. He is an example of true skill.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
seriously, i am putting this in the form of an question for a reason and i really want an answer.

MK may be really light and with out DI he may die really early, but since he has a the fastest airial in the game to cancel his momentum, wouldnt that make him harder to kill than characters that might be heavier than him?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
If you ever play M2K I can guarantee you will take that statement back. You'll realize he takes his character to a whole different level. There's a difference between scrubby MK's and Jason. You'll have to play him to believe it, you really have no idea. He is an example of true skill.
everything you said is wrong.

Difference between scrubby mk's and his? well its MK still.

I would believe he is an example of true skill if he didn't use MK and played with alot of other characters....Like Ninjalink.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

I would believe he is an example of true skill if he didn't use MK and played with alot of other characters....Like Ninjalink.
Scrubby MK's dont win national tournaments. If you think the only way for him to have true skill is to play with another character...Then uhh...You really uhh...Don't...Know what you're talking about. At all.

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
why would you not ban him? just bcuz diddy is "rising up"?

he should be banned bcuz he only has one counter now. and diddy will probably only work on FD

big mistake im telling you...

napZzz

Smash Hero
QFT. This is the best summary I ever heard about this crisis and it's complete absurdity

Not banning him was the right desicion
improving is so much fun when all we get to do for it is face meta knight.

Seriously though. Super smash bros meta is my favorite game. Facing the same character every other time I fight someone or beat them makes so much sense and is lots of fun.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
improving is so much fun when all we get to do for it is face meta knight.

Seriously though. Super smash bros meta is my favorite game. Facing the same character every other time I fight someone or beat them makes so much sense and is lots of fun.
yeah thank god snake isn't amazing and it's not like he's the best character to fight mk with or something

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Mew2King is good. He just doesn't have the willpower to put on the brakes when someone says something that pokes fun at him. Saying "it really burns you up.... people think you are less skilled..." gets to him because M2K does care about how other people see him (which isn't a bad thing), and it plants the seed in his mind that people think less of him for maining Metaknight. While anyone with a brain would say "Okay, still, M2K is good", there is undoubtedly someone (in this case you) that will say "lol he uses MK he isn't that good he has to use MK to win lololol" and that'll also get to him.

I just enjoy messing with people's heads and M2K always takes the bait.

I'm all run forward and spot dodge Mew2King's grab and then I'm all BOWSER F-SMASH RARRRRR

yeah thank god snake isn't amazing and it's not like he's the best character to fight mk with or something
Yeah, you remember that one time in the one place where that one guy played snake and beat that one metaknight guy?

Me neither. :(

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
why would you not ban him? just bcuz diddy is "rising up"?

he should be banned bcuz he only has one counter now. and diddy will probably only work on FD

big mistake im telling you...
another person who says this. U are clueless. I said once again, i never see FD. I never played M2K on FD.....hes terrified of the stage :laugh:

Stop being ignorant thinkin diddy is only good on FD. U Fail to realize every diddy player gets FD banned in their set. Come back when u kno stuff.

This is why MK is so good....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom