• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol @ MK having "infinite priority"

It must be extremely embarassing to be on the pro-ban side of the argument knowing that 90% of the votes for that side come from people with misinformed and uneducated opinions.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
lol @ MK having "infinite priority"

It must be extremely embarassing to be on the pro-ban side of the argument knowing that 90% of the votes for that side come from people with misinformed and uneducated opinions.
It's the same with both sides, most people who vote in these polls have no idea what they're talking about. A select few are truly educated.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Eh... I don't see the noob portion of the anti-ban side saying extremely ridiculous things like "MK is broken and unstoppable and has infinite priority and ***** the whole cast 100/0."

If they have been saying such things, I'd like to see it. It'd be good for a laugh or two.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Eh... I don't see the noob portion of the anti-ban side saying extremely ridiculous things like "MK is broken and unstoppable and has infinite priority and ***** the whole cast 100/0."

If they have been saying such things, I'd like to see it. It'd be good for a laugh or two.
Nah, they're saying stupid thing like "pro-ban is all wusses", and "don't ban my main", and "my Captain Falcon beats MK so he shouldn't be banned"(or captain falcon in general beaks MK).

You really gotta ignore the crap in these debates and focus on the people are points which are legitimate, because there are too many ininformed people.

RDK

Smash Hero
It's the same with both sides, most people who vote in these polls have no idea what they're talking about. A select few are truly educated.

All the more reason why these polls should have absolutely no effect on whatever decision is made.

Although I am glad that these threads are made, if not just to laugh at people with ******** opinions.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Xryo said he was gonna ban him in houston in March, and he said that would make the whole state of texas ban him. Hope it is true

MBlaze

Smash Champion
I'm considering going back to Melee because of this. The wi-fi on brawl sucks, the people use MK like hell now since they found out he's not banned, thanks a lot SBR. You just made Brawl a lot more gayer than it was before.

*Erased message about M2k, was really angry with him at that moment.*

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm considering going back to Melee because of this. The wi-fi on brawl sucks, the people use MK like hell now since they found out he's not banned, thanks a lot SBR. You just made Brawl a lot more gayer than it was before.

*Erased message about M2k, was really angry with him at that moment.*
Wow, this was a very ignorant post. People were playing the same amount of MK before and after this came out, it had nothing to do with it. If you don't like brawl because of MK, quit like the ***** you are. If you can never win against him, LEARN A WAY. He is not unbeatable, just hard to beat. Don't blame the SBR for the communities flaws, or for your own flaws of disliking metaknight. Maybe if you had some intelligent posts you would have had a say-so in the matter in the SBR.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MKs I have lost to in tourny with Snake: Plank barely, Mew2King without ever even getting twostocked

Every other one, including Shadow of NY and Forte of MD/VA, has lost.

EXTREMELY beatable character that I'd much much much MUCH rather fight over Olimar, Falco, Game and Watch, Dedede, and Snake.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
MKs I have lost to in tourny with Snake: Plank barely, Mew2King without ever even getting twostocked

EXTREMELY beatable character that I'd much much much MUCH rather fight over Olimar, Falco, Game and Watch, Dedede, and Snake.
...you use metaknight

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

Being able to beat MKs with one other character doesn't make him extremely beatable. Yes other people have beaten MKs with other characters, but not consistently. That is the thing. You can get a win here and there, but FOR THE MOST PART, the MKs win more consistently.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Brawl doesn't have a future if they have to ban a perfectly normal selectable character. He doesn't have infinites, zero to deaths, or unblockable set ups like many other top tier characters. He's just really good.

There are characters that are FAR better than Metaknight in their respective games but there has never been a cry out against them.

Magneto.

Eddy.

Devil Jin.

These games have remained competitive despite these characters. They also have a higher win ratio than Metaknight. Again, their community ACCEPTS THESE CHARACTERS ARE REALLY GOOD.

People behind the ban are probably the same people that believe tiers don't (or shouldn't) exist.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Okay, so if MK was broken it wouldn't matter your knowledge of the character, you would do poorly with any other character regardless.

That's the entire point. MK is hard to fight due to his deceptive "no lag" but once you know the character he becomes 100x easier to punish. People are just too ignorant and too quick to cry out "OMGZ BANZ" to do this.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
ok, this came to me one day, so i have to say it.

Whyyy won't we ban MK?!?! We banned Super Wario Man and HEEE wasn't overcentralizing!!!! :3

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Thank god we got info. Just one thing: Won't Ankoku's ranking list become altered if tourney organizers decide to ban MK?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
Wow, this was a very ignorant post. People were playing the same amount of MK before and after this came out, it had nothing to do with it. If you don't like brawl because of MK, quit like the ***** you are. If you can never win against him, LEARN A WAY. He is not unbeatable, just hard to beat. Don't blame the SBR for the communities flaws, or for your own flaws of disliking metaknight. Maybe if you had some intelligent posts you would have had a say-so in the matter in the SBR.
This isn't an ignorant post because I know people that went over to maining MK just because he wasn't banned. :| I know it's a stupid thing to do but some people did it and that's why I'm saying that the SBR just made the situation worse. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't have any backbone in the argument.

And if anyone's making an ignorant post it's you, people like you just say "OMG just get better against him", thing is that his priority and hitboxes are just freakin ridiculous and when your playing against an MK it's pretty much just a game of chance.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
This isn't an ignorant post because I know people that went over to maining MK just because he wasn't banned. :| I know it's a stupid thing to do but some people did it and that's why I'm saying that the SBR just made the situation worse. I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't have any backbone in the argument.

And if anyone's making an ignorant post it's you, people like you just say "OMG just get better against him", thing is that his priority and hitboxes are just freakin ridiculous and when your playing against an MK it's pretty much just a game of chance.
You are very emotionally invested in this game. Lol. Especially considering your outburst towards M2K.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
So what. Those people would all probably switch evenly into Snake, Falco, and G&W after an MK ban. People are drawn to victory. Its normal and to be expected.

I bold that word because you didn't say unbeatable. Not unbeatable, not ban worthy. Switch to MK or just learn the matchup really well. Its hard, but there's plenty of practice at tournies (lol) and not everything is going to be of equal difficulty.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

Dude, i go to tournaments, i play MKs, i lose to MKs, but afterwards i don't go "**** IT WAS MK THAT SON OF A ***** SHOULD BE BANNED HE IS SO UNBEATABLE", i think the player is better than me or curse at my mistakes. I normally take matches of the MKs, so they aren't unbeatable, just hard to beat. Yes his priority is insane, yes some of his hitboxes are stupid, but once you play a good MK enough times you start to see what he can do and how to punish, just like any other character, you just need to be quicker about it.:ohwell:

mimic_king

Smash Lord
See? I knew he shouldn't be banned. Of course I want him to be banned, but it is still dumb for him to be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom