• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The random hate on Ken's Marth

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I love how people are saying "Ken is only showing us how good Marth is... with items", "Ken is only winning cause of items, not skill", and what not.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UQGbwERf4eA

(match from 2003, when items where allowed in West Coast tourneys and when Ken made his entrance into the community).

They don't realize that this is exactly how he started out in Melee. Back then, he was made fun off, mainly because the popular belief was that Marth was never going to be top tier material. However, Ken eventually proved them wrong.

You can keep doubting Ken, but history is repeating guys lol.

Always, he still does cool stuff in those evo matches without items.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
ok

i really dont hate him.

??????????

ken is ken, all who want to berate him are just jealous nubs that think they have something to prove

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Ken seems good, he just doesnt seem to be changing the Marth Metagame anytime soon. He is still good (so far), who cares.

Personally I like Neo's Marth better.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
People are simply disappointed by his "performance" after he said he would revolutionize Marth.

I felt he used the word out of connotation. Revolutionize holds to many a huge revelation of sorts. Something extremely significant.

But, he is still good. I hope that he will partake in more tournaments and show his skill once more.

animos

Smash Rookie
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=nmzvwubtlD4&feature=user

A few more vids up too.

TBH his marth isn't really 'special' in comparison to others even though he does a very nice kill on SK92 in the first vid; call it bad prediction on SK's part if you will, but it was a nice kill regardless. Personally I think Neo's marth is ahead of him atm but this IS Ken's third tourney (the other two being the gamestop/nintendo tournies), and i think he may have done a house one before, but he clearly hasn't had the time to develop his game in comparison to others. Hopefully he shows up at another sometime soon.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
at gameover ken got beat by a 14yr old that was chillin

at evo ken got beat by a 14yr old that was CPU

bombsoldier beat ken in some rounds of the finals he was 14 at the time

what is it about 14 and ken

rofl.

nice thread btw :)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
at gameover ken got beat by a 14yr old that was chillin

at evo ken got beat by a 14yr old that was CPU

bombsoldier beat ken in some rounds of the finals he was 14 at the time

what is it about 14 and ken

rofl.

nice thread btw :)
I'm 14. I need to go meet Ken ASAP. <_<

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Can't revolutionize Marth in one items tourney. Just like in Melee, in Brawl, it's gonna take years ^_^

saberhof

Smash Master
lolz, ken is gonna pwn like 2 years from now...something is gonna happen, i don't know what, but its going to happen....if its not with ken, some old player from melee...i don't know....

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
I think it's fine that people have there own opinion and all.... but it just think it's ******** to say "IMO, so and so are MUCH better" when you're compare it to someone who just got into the Brawl scene with going to one items tournament...

heh, it's whatever though.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ken like never posts. I think he is the only mod with under 2000 posts, but I'm not sure. But he is good. The people e___ said are very good as well. I love Roy R's Marth, and NEO's. Both great.

Lucarioowl

Smash Apprentice
hmm ken well im just a noob at marth after all but he did invent a combo lol so ill give him respect wish to fight him one day

TheX0913

Smash Apprentice
Jersey City, New Jersey; Cornell at Ithaca, New Yo
i don't hate his marth. Its just a very very big deal to say revolutionize. I mean...he already better have a good future plan. I mean he must've have been planning everything...otherwise i don't see how he could revolutionize it. Face it, there are no new AT's. Nothing. No combos. I don't know how he will do it. If a whole community couldn't do it, how can one man?

i.E.

Smash Apprentice
Ken played really well at Evo....totally outplayed CPU by a fairly big margin in the finals too (imo).

Items got him though.

swypa101

Smash Apprentice
in most of the matches ive watched he never used items...and he still won against some good people like PCchris and m2k

ChK

Smash Cadet
ken is good with or without items... but with items on his opponents have time to camp and use the items agaisnt him... 1 vs 1... im taking ken all day

eskimo bob

Smash Apprentice
I'm 14. I need to go meet Ken ASAP. <_<
oh dang, I'm almost 15... I need to find this man and challenge him!

and I don't hate ken at all. I think he's an incredible smasher. I've just stated that he hasn't revolutionized the marth metagame like he said he would but he's still as good as he's always been (well at least relatively. this is brawl. >_>)

Miller

Smash Lord
I don't believe any one is hating on Ken that much. He got second, but he did in no way revolutionize Marth, although time doesn't stop now, anyone can do it. Ken is probably right though, In time, he will revolutionize Marth.

N M E

Smash Apprentice
So what If ken got seccond at Evo he's still a scurby n00blet.

You do know this is sarcasm right. Kens a good player got combo name after him and was a melee chump champ.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
After watching those Ken vs CPU vids, I think Ken would've done remarkably well, and maybe even beat CPU o.o

He died mostly by Final Smashes and items -.-

One thing that got me though was that he would "revolutionize Marth", when I didn't see anything new that I've already seen.

Goldkirby

Smash Ace
If Ken really wants too, he could probably dominate brawl also, but from an earlier post, it looks like Ken doesn't really feel like playing smash anymore. :(

Ken always has been my favorite Marth player to watch.

Top Bottom